Let me Help You

(From my friend and author_ Cutecat539)

You groaned, your own eyes feeling heavy as you attempted to open them. Fluttering open, your sight was blurry as you tried to figure out what was going on. After a few sec, your eyes seemed to clear and your vision returned to normal as you sat up. Glancing around you, you managed to see your fellow coworkers, who were busy clearing out smashed and/or damaged equipment that blocked their way to you.

Once you understood that, you suddenly felt a stinging pain on your leg and cringed, the tears starting to form in your eyes as the pain seem to grow. Unable to focus on much else, you allowed yourself to lay back against whatever it was you were just moments ago, then the pain seemed to slowly disappear and you felt more... relaxed.

You allowed your eyes to close, even though someone was shouting to you not to.

Then nothing.

You awoke in a cold sweat, feeling like you had just awoken from a sorta nightmare! Except it wasn't. No, you were in your room? You recognized your ceiling, then your bed and other furniture you owned. Taking a moment to finally calm, you pushed yourself up so now you were completely sitting on your bed. You felt some soft fabric rubbing against your forehead and you reached a careful hand up to touch it. Feeling it for a moment, you realized they were bandages.

'A head injury?'

You wondered back to what occurred some time ago, which only took a moment for you to realize what did happen! You were on Mettaton's new movie, at MTT Studio. While on one of the sets made for the film, a stage light happened to break from its old hedges and you happened to be standing just under it once it fell...

No one you felt like you had been slammed into by a ton of heavy bricks, shoot.

Huffing out, you looked about your room as you wondered what to even to do now. Thankfully you just so happened to get an answer once a certain bot had walked in, and he looked sad, maybe even depressed? You looked up and saw Mettaton walk in with his head hanging low, his eyes seemed droopy and his hair was partially a mess. Not to mention he wasn't wearing his usual makeup as he'd normally.

As if sensing your awakening, he looked up and his mood instantly changed. He ran over to you and brought you into a tight hug. He buried his face into the crook of your neck, while his noodle arms wrapped around you like a pair of snakes.

You were silent, trying to just process what was happening. Then you returned the favor and hugged Mettaton back.

...

It was silent, say for Mettaton's inner workings which were still running.

...

Then Mettaton pulled away and held your face in his hands, his eyes never leaving yours.

"Oh, darling... thank goodness! Alphys said you may not have made it, but I knew you would... You're too strong to be taken out so... so... plainly."

Though his final words made little sense, you got what he meant and it honestly placed a smile on your lips before you embraced him once more, nuzzling him as you closed your eyes gently. "T-Thank you Metta... F-For saving me."

Mettaton remained silent, then he embraced you again.

"No, thank you, darling..."

"For what?"

"For giving me yet another reason to live, and enjoy life...

For being able to fill my heart~"