Frustrations & Appreciation

After a heated exchange, Metta makes things right

Any Romance, especially those with a strong bond, often involves plenty of ups and downs. As anyone would expect, no relationship was perfect but that was expected. Even still, it was no easy task. One had to not only handle one's love and care, but most importantly one's flaws and problems. Of course, no one has said it would be easy to handle or deal with. And depending on who it was and where they came from, their life before meeting them, and all the troubles of life, meant that dealing with one's flaws could always be an uphill battle. And your love of Mettaton was no exception to this very rule. And thus, this had led to this very moment now with you two at home side by side together. You two were currently enjoying a movie after a long week of Metta spending time away at work. It annoyed you, but you couldn't exactly suggest anything as he was a star after all. And what could he do about it exactly? So instead, you bid your time and waited for days when he'd be off before going all out in wanting to spend time with him. This didn't mean you didn't on days he was busy, but instead you waited for days you could take the time to enjoy with no worries together and travel a bit, go shopping, go on dates, and others enjoy your personal space. And thi was something you had agreed in your mind to not take for granted, it was important to you after all, that you got these chances anyway. As such, you two sat side by side on the couch and watched the latest series currently popular now, and both of you were loving it. Moments into the next scene however, you felt a slight vibration against your leg and realized it was a phone, and it was Mettaton's. Turning towards him, you were about to speak about it when he interrupted you and paused the screen. Reaching into his pocket, he didn't seem to notice your upset expression and brought the phone to his ear. "Hello? Mettaton here~ Hmm? Oh yes~! I hear, and thank you~ We can talk now, I have nothing going on." Well then, to say you were upset was putting it lightly after hearing that. Even if he didn't mean it, it still hurt. Standing up, you only felt more upset as he paid you no attention and so you stormed off and back to your shared room. Nearly slamming the door shut behind you, you kicked the floor in frustration. Even without it being a work day, it always seemed to be more important to him/ Not feeling up to deal with it any longer, however, you instead found yourself reluctantly getting ready for bed. Listening to the sweet sound of crickets just outside, along with the occasional car or two, you felt your eyes drift off. Before they did, mettaton entered the room and you visibly scowled, though he couldn't see.

After removing his chest and other armor bits, Mettaton got comfy and laid down beside you. He attempted to pull you close for cuddles, but you surprised him by pushing him away and moved closer to your side of the bed. He looked confused before shrugging it off and falling asleep. This would only be the beginning.

~

Following morning, for breakfast you were hard at work. Yesterday had left a bad taste in your mouth, but you still held out hope for things to turn around. Finally, readying breakfast for you two, you placed two dishes on plates and several other items of food. Pouring yourself a mug of (Drink Choice), you got comfortable and waited. A brief period passed by and nothing, Mettaton didn't show up. You were pretty sure he was still in bed with you after all. Wondering, your answer was provided when he appeared from your room. Dressed in a suit and dress shirt, he appeared slightly frazzled as he prepared to leave. Feeling concerned as this might make your hard work go untouched, you were about to speak up when he looked up and unintentionally interrupted you again. "Oh sorry darling. Can't stay long, I have to go! Bye darling!" And with one peck on the cheek, the star turned on his heel and picked up some toast along the way before walking out. If you could use your anger as a heater, your house would have melted by now. Glancing towards the full table of goods that would go unbeaten, you clenched a chair and wondered if tossing it out the nearby window was a good idea.