Shooting Stars~

The Story Continues

Tying the small note at last, you took the moment to appreciate your own work as you looked at the flower crown over. Seeing that it was secured and ready, you turned to face your best friend, a young ghost by the name of Happstablook. They had been your friend as far back as you could remember, You two shared a strong love for music, and got along well. You two even shared a desire to take to the stage and entertain the masses. At this moment though, you and Happstablook were hanging out close to his snail farm where Napstablook was just behind you two, busy caring for the snails. Looking at Happstablook, you noticed they were focused on caring for a small snail with a pink shell, a peach body. Happstablook had small hearts in his eyes, cuddling the small creature which only made you smile more. Finally deciding to approach after watching for a few moments, you approached them from behind and lifted the crown up. The flower crown you made was just large enough to fit, and had several flowers from within Waterfall, which now rested atop Happstablook's head.

Happstablook gasped and glanced up towards it, a small red hue on his cheeks. They looked towards you and smiled before you two embraced one another. A moments later, you two were sitting side by side near a small pond, one that separated from one of Waterfall's many rivers, and had a small dock to gaze into the water. You two sat idly by and watched the water flow in and continue to circle above and the vibrations of bubbles appear. Watching this with a content sigh, you looked to Happstablook as he stared up towards the ceiling of the cave. You followed his gaze and saw the sight of what seemed to be a blanket of black, occupied by small glowing orbs and gems of all sizes and colors. It was much like the stars outside from what you've heard, though deep down you craved to see them with your own eyes much like many other monsters.

Staying quiet for sometime, you two eventually moved closer together and ended up with your arms wrapped around their small bodies and 'sitting' on your lap.

***

Years later, you two made your way up the mountain. The echoes of the town below, went alongside the sounds of crickets and small insects that were currently around. The only other sound was you and Mettaton's steps against the hard soil which crunch each step either of you took. Finally reaching the summit, and the spot where you first saw outside the mountain for the first time, you stood a safe distance away from the edge and looked up. Admiring the sight of a blanketed sky full of small gems and stars alike, each dancing and twinkling. Sighing happily, you felt a pair of arms wrap around your torso, causing you to look back only to be met with the sight of your love, Mettaton. Though he looked different now, you could still see the adorable ghost who once was in his eyes. Slowly pulling you down with him, you got the message and sat down atop the blanket he had brought along to sit down together with. You followed it up by laying back and felt your head rest against the hard chest of Mettaton's body. Moments slowly ticked passed as you both sat there just admiring your surroundings. Then, in a suddenly brief minute, a pair, yes a pair of shooting stars flew across the night sky. One appeared smaller than the other, however both were quite close in distance. It was a one in a million chance to see such a thing, and you both were beyond words with how surprised you two were.

***

In the evening finally arrived, the many who had gathered around began to wander away. Tears still fell from some, however hardly any sobs were heard. Resting in a pair where everyone had been grouped around, a pair of grave stones stood alone. Side by side, the name of the star etched into one, and your own upon the other. Dozens of flowers surrounded both of your stones, alongside many small offerings left behind as tribute to you too. As everyone finally left, giving their final words, the night sky once again witnessed a pair of shooting stars which raced across the night sky. Few noticed this pair, aside from one of those attending. A young (Male/Girl) who had a striking resemblance to both you and Mettaton. They stared up at the night skin, shedding a tear but allowed a smile to take its place.

Turning away, they soon left for home.

***

Slowly, the two gravestones cracked and crumbled away, however the names etched on either remained. Flowers had bloomed surrounding either, the tribute left behind having been moved somewhere close by for safety. As a gentle breeze blew past, the same one from before, the young (Boy/Girl) appeared, much older as indicated by the few wrinkles they had, but still retained their parents traits. They approached either grave stone, before placing down two roses between each. Allowing the full weight of the situation to finally hit, they felt tears form and slowly crawl down their faces. They stayed there, a small smile at knowing their parents sliced a full, happy life.

As they did, a set of eyes watched silently from beside a nearby tree. Neither could be seen, though your child would have easily known who it was now watching over him at that moment. Later, as the sun descended, you and your love stood atop the mountain once more, at the same spot where you two first saw the over world, where you two spent your first date, and where you two officially became engaged. As you two stood side by side, you admired the sight of the small town below with the same ambience of cars and people being audible from this far up. Finally, looking at one another, you two shared a smile and embraced before going back to watch the land below.

***

After some time, the two grace stones were joined by a third, one which rested alongside the previous two. As the sky became a blanket of stars and darkness once again, a set of three shooting stars appeared briefly and shot across the night sky, all together in the same course of direction.

The End.