A Confession in the Morning

(Sequel to "A Drunken Night")

Taking the moment to think it over, you finally gave in and turned to Metta. Mettaton waited patiently, watching you as he ate his breakfast. "Well Metta- I-," 'Oh boy" you thought; "Mettaton you actually confessed... to me." A screech was seemingly heard, followed by the drop of the fork once in his hand. Visibly, Mettaton looked surprised before concern quickly followed. "Oh, oh... I'm so-so sorry dear. I didn't-" as he had a hard time finding his words, you tried not to pressure him on what he meant by keeping your attention away and towards the table, before switching to the wall. "I didn't mean for it to be so sudden." He looked away himself and a feeling of tension took over the whole room now. Neither of you wanted to look again, but you did so anyway. "I know Met. I know. But, when you said it, was it... true?" Mettaton remained still looking towards the ground, but finally gave a nod of yes. Feeling all the sudden overwhelmed now, you soon stood to your feet and shoved your chair back to make room. Mettaton quickly followed, afraid he had upset you. As he reached a hand, you brought your own up to make him stop. He followed suit, and watched you step back and take the time to think.

Fearing the worst would happen, mettaton was about to walk out and apologize, but that never came. Instead, you grabbed him by the wrist, yanking him back which surprised the star. Turning to look at you, he could see a partial flush but you took no notice. Instead you looked up at Mettaton with determination evident in your gaze and spoke again. "Did you mean it?" You spoke, voice cold and tense. Mettaton gave a reluctant nod as he worried that you would reject him. But before he could speak, you smiled and spoke. "I have feelings for you too." Mettaton could feel such a heavy relief hit him, he would fall onto his knees or embrace you. Grinning now, he embraced you which you returned the favor, and you two stayed that way for several minutes. Finally, pulling away you both went ahead to finish breakfast before going to your couch to talk over what you two would do now that you became a couple.

After a long conversation, you two hugged once again before your body's betrayed you both and found yourselves laying together on the couch. Nuzzled into his chest, you felt sleepiness start to appear but managed to keep yourself awake. Meanwhile, Mettaton held you close, pulling you close before a small smile stayed on his face. Eventually enough, you both cuddled on the couch until later when you began your day; with mettaton returning to work while you stayed at home for a time, until later continuing your day as normal. However, that didn't mean that neither of you planned to not meet later for your own and first date.