When a Author gets stuck

Short Story

Feeling aggravation hit, you slumped back in your seat as the light from your pc screen continued to make your eyes strain, with what felt like a headache beginning to consume your head. Groaning after placing one hand on your head, you began to rub it gently after turning away from your screen. You tried thinking up new ideas, but nothing appeared. What idea you finally came up with, was simply left there on your screen in one sentence with you not sure if you wanted to continue it or not. Instead, you already were thinking of tossing in the towel so to speak, and just give up. With that simple idea in mind, and not having much success at all, you soon had saved what little work you had before shutting down your computer. And soon the cycle would repeat once again. And the idea of that was what annoyed you the most . . .

The idea of repeating this cycle of brainstorming, coming up short, trying again, only to give up, brainstorm, have an idea, only to give up and lose motivation- AGAIN.

What were you doing wrong?

Walking out of your room for what felt like just a mirror of yesterday, you soon found yourself back in your living room with your palms in your pockets, and an annoyed glare in your eyes. Finding a seat on the couch, you soon fell back and sank into the cushions. Maybe you could give up on writing? Maybe you'll come up with something later? You could always try again later.

Feeling a sense of hunger kick in, you sat up only to notice your boyfriend Mettaton walk out from your bedroom. Dressed in a simple sweater which should be off his shoulders, the pink striped Star wandered over once he caught sight of you with a loving smile on his face. His smile began to falter once he noticed the exhausted look on your face. Without a word, Mettaton found a seat next to you, then gestured for you to cuddle him. Not a thought or moment to hesitate, you crawled over and felt yourself wrapped up in his arms, the sweater serving a warm protector from his cold metal arms. Letting your arms wrap around his torso, you got comfortable on his lap and laid comfortably against him. Mettaton's smile returned, his Ex form proving to be quite the comfort thanks to its light humming and warmth from its interior. A moment later; "Couldn't think of a new story?" You grumbled, only making Mettaton laugh before everything went quiet again. A little later and you felt yourself fall asleep as you listened to Mettaton hum. Mettaton took the chance to pick you up and bring you to your bedroom. Along the way, Mettaton moved the sheets and laid you in place, followed by the blankets once more.

Fixing the pillows so you wouldn't wake up in discomfort, he soon finished and took a step back to watch you. Seeing that you were still fast asleep Mettaton smiled before placing a soft kiss on your head and turning away to leave. Of course, not before taking a picture of your sleeping form for a memento.

While you were sleeping, Mettaton made his way around the house as he took care of everything while you slept. Eventually awaking, you found yourself dressed in only your undershirt and (Boxer/Underwear). Knowing who likely did it, you shrugged it off before sliding off the side of your bed and began heading off to your kitchen. Once stepping into it, you saw Mettaton busy making your favorite food. Seeing this, you felt a smile across your face. Soon enough, Mettaton noticed your presence and promptly greeted you with a kiss and hug. Moments later you two were eating in comfortable silence at the dinner table, you two enjoying your time together.

~~~

Some time passed, and soon you found yourself and Mettaton walking together along the sidewalk. Mettaton had said that experiencing the outside world would end up helping you with your stories. Though you thought it was pointless, the thought of taking time away and to spend time outside and away from the frustrations of your mind sounded too good to ignore. And with that, you too were wandering throughout town and just taking in the calm atmosphere, and the many monsters and humans alike who lived alongside you two.

Eventually finding themselves at a small flower shop, Mettaton glanced towards the fine yellow flowers that rested in their individual flower pots, others in small baskets hanging up from the ceiling. Taking the moment while you were distracted, Metta calmly made his way inside and took a short period of time. Moments later he reappeared as you began to look for him, noticing he had a bag in hand. "Metta? Where were you?" "Just getting a few things. Shall we?" Off you two went once more. Soon, you found yourselves on a small path near the park, where several monsters and humans alike were playing an intense game of soccer/football. Watching it you watched a monster dressed in a simple sweater, lacking arms, manage to kick a goal in with one swift kick; before he then tumbled and fell directly on his face. Frisk, who was playing alongside them, quickly ran to their side and helped them stand once more.

The sight was adorable and inspiring, with a human and monster kid playing side by side on the surface. Turning your attention back to Mettaton, you both found yourselves heading up along the path of a mountain, the ground below slowly growing farther and farther away, with the detail of trees becoming more and more difficult to tell what was. Soon only green followed by the mixture of white and brown of the mountain tops could be the only thing you two could see. Once stopping at a small incline, you followed Mettaton over to a small spot beside a tree which grew alone on the spot. Mettaton promptly pulled from the bag a simple towel/blanket and laid it out before he gestured for you to take a seat. Following suit, you both soon found yourselves admiring the wonderful weather, with a sun and atmosphere neither too hot nor cold, while there were few clouds in the sky. At this point you had forgotten what made you upset or frustrated beforehand. Instead, you felt happy once more.

And it was thanks to Mettaton. Whenever a Author (You), gets stuck, Mettaton was always there to help and provide the support you needed.

(The End)