The Joy of Work

The Joy of Work

Alternate Universe:

Mettaton listened idly as Asgore and Undyne talked on and on about the state of the Underground, and their plans for dealing with the humans. It had only been a mere year or so since they had been freed, and now things were looking up. But there was still much that had to be both talked about and dealt with before things were settled, and one of those things was the laws of which monsters would follow and be ruled by. At first the humans wanted very restrictive laws on the Monsters, but this was denied almost instantly by some who wanted the laws to be fair which was agreed on by everyone. But not after much debate and arguing. Now they were all here, mettaton, (Name), Asgore, Toriel, Frisk, Chara and Sans who were now talking about the finishing touches for the new constitution. An idea by (Name), which they thought was the best for setting the ground rules for how the Kingdom would run. But that didn't make this meeting any less boring, and so Mettaton was beyond happy once Asgore declared it over. Mettaton eagerly stood up and was about to speak with (Name), but you had already left to your room instead and hadn't even stopped to chat with Metta. This upset Metta quite a lot, since you two normally would chat once a day's work was done and enjoy the rest of your time together either cuddling, watching a movie and other nice couple things. Sighing as he watched Asgore, Toriel and Undyne leave he noticed Sans was still there with Chara and the two chatted silently. It was clear they were having a tense conversation, as it seemed these two have a deep history. Odd, considering they only met a short while ago but Mettaton chose not to dwell on that.

Soon finding himself outside your office room, he took the moment to listen in so he could tell if you were in or not. Hearing steps wandering away however, confirmed you were and so he knocked upon it. Silence for a second, then followed by footsteps which quickly approached and pulled the door open. There you stood, no longer that tight suit you had been asked to wear but just in a dress shirt and pants. You looked up at Metta, giving a kind smile before embracing him which he happily returned. "Hello Darling. You left before I could even say hello~" You nodded sadly, laying your head on his chest. "I know, and I'm sorry. I was just so tired from all the work, I just... Just left ato take a break." "It's alright darling, I understand." Placing a soft kiss on your forehead, you two pulled apart and later were seated on the small couch in your office space, for guests and those attending a meeting. Sitting side by side, you cuddled up close together until your phone rang. Sighing, you reached into your pocket and brought it to your ear while Mettaton just shrugged it off and held you close. After listening to Asgore explain your next week and how you would be off from work, you couldn't help feeling joy from it and hugged Metta tightly. Surprised, he smiled down at you. "Now what has gotten you so lovey dovey~?" "I'm off next week~" Mettaton looked surprised. "Oh, r-" He was silenced as you crashed your lips on his, forcing him down on his back as you kissed him which he quickly returned, and held you close. You two enjoyed a... Lovely break before later leaving for home. A while later you two were home, laying on your bed as you both watched your favorite films.

The End~