Chapter 163

"Drive! Marshal, Shashan Town is in front." The subordinate beside him said.

"Okay, let's see if I can go to Madam's house before tonight." Qi Cheng smiled.

"Yes!" The

two walked away, leaving behind a cloud of dust.

In the town, Qi Cheng and the two knew that Su Nuan's family was here after a little questioning. After all, the Su family in these eight townships was well-known. They first raised the children of Hou's family, and then discovered their own family. The child was confused with the Hou Mansion, and then changed it back. The twists and turns here are enough for the local people who are lacking in spiritual life to chat for ten or eight years, and they are still full of interest.

"Marshal, there seems to be a Du family restaurant in the town. Do you want to take a look when passing by?"

Qi Cheng hesitated, and said, "Just go and meet me. Don't call me Marshal here."

"Yes, Young Master ." Geng Jin's face was excited, this kind of sour feeling of hiding his identity...

Qi Cheng: ...

Okay, the son is also better than the old master, he is still young and has not married a daughter-in-law!

Du Qingchen just happened to be away in the Dujia restaurant, and Xiaoer said with a smile: "Our boss went to the county seat to visit the magistrate, and he just wasn't here today. In fact, he doesn't come here much on weekdays. His family is building a mansion these days. , he has to supervise the work at home, if the son wants to see him, it is serious to go to Du's house and wait."

Qi Cheng nodded, since Du Qingchen was not there, they could say hello when they passed by, and it was better to hurry to see his daughter-in-law. Qi Cheng was a little excited and asked, "Go to Su Nuan's house, do you know how to get there?"

"Then you definitely know! That's our boss's Yue's house. You go along the road at the door and encounter a big stone mill. Turn left and go straight ahead, you will find Sujia Village, when you enter the village, you can find it after a little inquiries, and his house is right next to the village!"

Qi Cheng nodded and thanked him before going out on horseback.

When Qi Cheng arrived at Su's house, Su Nuan was rolling up his sleeves and holding a basin and splashing water at the door. When he saw the two of them riding horses over, his eyes fell on Qi Cheng's face, and he stepped forward happily, "Qi Cheng, come here. Now!" Qi Cheng got off the

horse immediately, but he was too embarrassed to hug Su Nuan outside in the daytime, and he was afraid of being seen by Su's father and Su's mother. I came here at this time, I quickly dealt with the business, and came to see you."

Su Nuan smiled, and was at a loss for a while.

Although Qi Cheng and Geng Jin were wearing casual clothes, the clothes were made of good materials, and the horses were also handsome. Since they entered the village to ask for directions, they were noticed and followed curiously all the way.

"Brother Nuan, is this your friend?" Seeing that Qi Cheng and Su Nuan looked familiar, some villagers became more courageous. Since they were friends with Brother Nuan, they were also elders! As an elder, it's okay to ask a question!

Su Nuan pulled Qi Cheng to her side and said, "This is my fiancé, Qi Cheng."

"Jing nonsense, can the marshal come to find you specifically? And this son looks too young."

Qi Cheng was puzzled. "What? Does the marshal have to be very old?"

Su Nuan shook his head helplessly and said, "I can't explain it. Brother Dong couldn't explain it back then, but I can't explain it now. I don't need to explain it. Let's go and rest in the room! Geng Jin , quickly pull the horse in and come in together."

"Okay." Geng Jin agreed with a smile.

Qi Cheng was dragged in by Su Nuan in confusion. Outside, the villagers stomped their feet, "That's it! The marshal in the play didn't say a beard, he was a middle-aged strong man, how could he be a young man?" But Su Nuan He didn't want to explain, and he couldn't help it.

When Su's father and Su's mother came back, Qi Cheng had already helped Su Nuan clean up the house, even chopped up firewood, and tried to help Su's father repair farm tools, but the skillful hand who could wield a knife and make a gun was defeated. On the wooden plow, Qi Cheng fiddled with it for a while, but it made it worse.

"Hey, how can you do this? Brother Nuan will watch you do your work!" As soon as Mother Su came in, she saw Qi Cheng squatting in the yard, holding a hammer, as if she was tearing down her wooden plow. , hurried up to stop.

Qi Cheng got up and called someone, and Su Nuan also stepped forward to explain that Qi Cheng was repairing farm implements, wouldn't they be going to use them soon, as for the farm implements that didn't seem to be repaired, but they were even worse, so let's just pretend I didn't see it!

After the Su family talked for a while, Father Su remembered something, and immediately went out to find a villager who was going to sell things in the town and sent a letter to the Du family restaurant, saying that Qi Cheng was here and asked Du Qingchen to come over.

The villagers asked in surprise: "Is it really your marshal's son-in-law?"

"Of course, can you still tell lies?" Father Su scratched his head in confusion.

The villagers didn't know what to think, but they agreed again and again, "Understood, then when I go to town, I'll send you a message." The

message had not yet reached the Dujia restaurant, but it was already known throughout the village, Qi Cheng felt He is very like a monkey now, trapped in the yard for people to watch. He has seen several groups of children climbing up the wall, looking at him curiously, but they were all driven down by Su's father. Qi Cheng can't be with the children. Care about, had to enter the house. Geng Jin looked very happy, and even went out to talk to the villagers standing at the door. When others doubted their identities, Geng Jin even showed the tokens to the villagers.

"This is my token, a third-rank general, doesn't this prove our identity?" The

villagers didn't know any token, but they were convinced by the two high-end words of token, looking at the dark The iron lumps, there is a bit of awe.

"What's this for?" As soon as Du Qingchen came back from the county, he heard Xiao Er's reply, saying that there were two gentlemen dressed in extravagance asking the way of Su Nuan's house and where Du Qingchen was. Du Qingchen asked each other carefully. His appearance showed that it was Qi Cheng who came, and he brought Su Dong here without the need for someone from Sujia Village to deliver the letter.

"Boss Du, long time no see!" Geng Jin put away the token embarrassedly, but he didn't expect an acquaintance to bump into him.

"General Geng, it really is you! I wonder who Marshal Qi brought here? Long time no see." Du Qingchen stepped forward and greeted him.

"General Geng." Su Dong nodded and smiled.

"You guys are here, come in quickly!" Mother Su greeted her with a smile and let Du Qingchen enter the house. After everyone had entered, she looked around the villagers who had been watching the excitement for a week and said, "What is this? You don't have to be busy with farming. Now? What are you looking at at the door of my house? It's just relatives coming, everyone, leave!" Mother Su proudly raised her hand and pursed her hair.

"Sister-in-law, Marshal... Why did he come suddenly?" a woman asked curiously.

"Oh, you said this! Isn't it busy farming! Qingchen told him that when he was in the capital before, this marshal, I was afraid that the two of us would be tired, so why don't we come? It's nothing! Who, doesn't your son-in-law go to your house to help you for a few days every year? It's nothing."

"How can it be the same! That's the marshal! Are you really planning to use someone else?" No one was born to do farm work, right?"

"That's definitely not possible! You should stop it or you have to stop it, no, when we came back today, we saw that he had chopped up all the firewood in the family, but he didn't stop it. , this is quick and easy!" The

villagers' eyes became more complex and envious. After showing off, Mother Su waved her hands casually, "Everyone, go back! It's nothing, each is busy with his own."

When Du Qingchen heard Mother Su's words in the yard, he turned to Qi Cheng and said, "Brother Qi, are you ready?" What are

you doing to prepare? Being watched as monkeys or working? ! Can he choose only one to bear! Qi Cheng wanted to ask very much.

In the end, it was impossible to really let Qi Cheng work. He just wanted to feel it, and was pulled aside by Su's mother with a smile. Du Qingchen found two laborers to help plough the Su family's land. Qi Cheng was only responsible for standing by the ground and bearing the praises of the villagers with a wooden face, as if he really did some great work.

Du Qingchen also stood aside, but he was more comfortable than Qi Cheng, and the villagers who passed by had nothing to dislike when they saw it, "Look at how lucky my sister-in-law is, a marshal's son-in-law personally ploughs the land for your family, and another son-in-law is responsible for paying the money. , please work hard, for fear that my sister-in-law will be tired."

Mother Su naturally smiled and said a few words to the people, earning a lot of face.

Although the villagers were still full of curiosity about Qi Cheng, they were not as awe-inspiring as when they first learned about it. Instead, they asked, "When is the marshal going to marry our brother Nuan? Our brother Nuan is a good brother, how much? People are robbing! You must not procrastinate!"

Rob? Who robbed his wife? ! Qi Cheng's mind moved slightly, and he said quickly: "We have already made an appointment and exchanged marriage certificates! We should have married a long time ago, but they were blocked by the filial piety of the country. When the filial piety of the country passes, we will get married immediately.

" Filial piety?" The villagers were puzzled, the common people were not very sensitive to this kind of thing, they just vaguely remembered that the person sitting on the throne had been replaced, and then the patriarch said that marriage was not allowed within a month, which is a long time ago , no one mentioned it.

Du Qingchen explained, "The marshal is an official appointed by the imperial court, and he has a longer duty to observe the filial piety of the country than us, and he has to guard it for a hundred days."

"That's it!"

"Yeah!" Qi Chengzhong nodded his head, so Su Nuan would be his person immediately, don't think about the others.

The Su family couldn't live there, so Qi Cheng and Geng Jin stayed at the inn in the town. Anyway, they had horses, so it was convenient to come and go. When the news reached the county, the magistrate Feng quickly brought a pilgrimage gift to ask to see him. Qi Cheng, the scene of the county magistrate standing at the door of the inn respectfully handing over the greeting card, many people have seen it, the news of Marshal Qi's presence here seems to be spreading like wings, even Lin County has heard it, and even other counties have heard it. The county magistrate was hesitating whether to come to see him or not.

Qi Cheng lived in the town for two days. He didn't see his daughter-in-law complaining about lovesickness very much. He actually saw outsiders. If he stayed any longer, he was afraid that even the magistrate of Lin County would see him. Qi Cheng had no choice but to prepare for the return trip. .

"Brother Du, my date with Brother Nuan has been set, and I will come to greet you when the time comes. These days, the Su family will take care of you." Qi Cheng said to Du Qingchen.

"Don't worry!" Du Qingchen nodded, "Brother Nuan gets married, and I will also go to the capital to get married."

Qi Cheng nodded, "This is the best, then thank you brother Du."

"You're welcome." Du Qingchen patted Qi Cheng On his shoulders, he said, "Just treat him better in the future."

"Understood."

After Guo filial piety, Qi Cheng came to meet his relatives at the invitation, and the county magistrate Feng also came to have a banquet. The table was placed outside the courtyard, for most of the street, before he could barely sit down. The Su family was lively and bustling for most of the day, and Qi Chengcai finally left with the sedan chair. Du Qingchen went to marry Su Nuan, and stayed in the capital for a few days. He didn't come back until he learned about the results of Du Rulin and several people in the National Children's Supervisor.

Back in town, Du Qingchen told Master Liu about the results of the three of them. Du Rulin and Liu Tai were not able to get into the Chinese Zijian. Instead, Qiu You passed the examination. Fortunately, they still had Min Anshi's recommendation letter in hand, so they were reluctant. entered school.

Master Liu slapped the table angrily, "It can be seen that these two people didn't study hard! They knew that they were messing around in the capital!"

Although Du Qingchen was disappointed, he was not surprised when he thought about it carefully. , I worry about my project every day, how can I still focus on reading, but it is Qiu You, who doesn't get involved in these things much, and can review at home with peace of mind.

Du Qingchen said: "The two of them have already felt shameless. Originally, Liu Tai was only allowed to study in the Guozijian for four years, but when the grades came, Ru Lin also said that he would not take the exam and would have to study hard for four years. Let's take the test again. You Qiu is going to try it out."

Master Liu pondered for a moment and said, "You Qiu is the oldest. Since he has passed the examination in the Imperial College, he can try it out

. Thinking of this, but if Qiu You can really become a jin shi next year, he will be a jin shi with the same rank. It is also a good thing that a young lady from the official family is willing to give him a kiss. Du Qingchen asked, "What about Liu Tai? Ru Lin has already We're getting married, and we're going to get married next year. What is Liu Tai going to do? Should we find it here, or in the capital?"

"Humph! This kid has a childish temperament! Let's grind him for a few more years, and it won't be too late in four years! "

Okay! You are his father, you have the final say. Du Qingchen nodded, "Then ask the Master to write a letter, and I will send someone to send it over to tell them what the Master means."

Master Liu nodded.

After the Du family's house was built, Du Qingchen took Su Dong to inspect the industry together. He only visited many restaurants when they opened a store. He usually relied on the account book and his buddies to report news, and he had no way of knowing many things. , Now that there is nothing to do, Du Qingchen has this idea. While visiting the industries in various provinces, he takes Su Dong's children to play, and there is no need to worry about it.

"Brother Dong, how about we go out to inspect the industry every year?" On the carriage, Du Qingchen lifted the curtain of the carriage to look at the scenery outside, and said with a smile.

"Okay." Su Dong approached the window and looked out.

"You don't have to just inspect the industry, you can also go to the beach. Brother Dong has never eaten seafood, right? I'll make it for you when the time comes, and there are local specialties. Let's go in time for the season and eat fresh!

" Is it delicious?" Mao Dan blinked, sitting on the cushion in the carriage, looking at his father expectantly.

Du Qingchen froze and turned his head, "It's delicious, it's just..." Du Qingchen narrowed his eyes and said, "I just need to answer questions if you want to eat."

"Uuuuuu..." Mao Dan habitually threw himself into Su Dong's arms.

"Daddy has five pieces of french fries, he ate one for Ah Mo, and Daddy ate two of them himself, and the rest will be eaten by Mao Dan, so how many chips can Mao Dan eat?"

"Woooooo... ..." Mao Dan stood up aggrieved and counted with his fingers, "Two...two..."

"Wrong! The delicious food at night is all from Dad!" Du Qingchen sat upright and hugged his chest.

"No! It's just two!" Mao Dan stretched out five fleshy fingers and gave Du Qingchen one by one to count, and finally came to the conclusion, "It's just two!"

"Oh! Daddy was wrong? Sure enough It's two, that night's delicious, plush eggs can be eaten... a little bit." Du Qingchen raised his eyebrows, pinched his fingers shyly, indicating what he called a little bit.

"Uuuuu..." Mao Dan plunged into Su Dong's arms again, Daddy is too bad, why does such a bad Daddy keep going! Wuwuwu ...

Su Dong smiled and gave Du Qingchen a blank look, "You bullied him again, and he answered it right."

"This is education, is it only literacy and writing that counts? Education also includes education for black belly! With such a father's words and deeds, we Mao Dan will definitely be better than the blue in the future."

"Then others are too miserable." Su Dong tilted his head and thought.

Du Qingchen raised his hand and touched Su Dong's belly, and said with a smile: "It's not too bad, it's more terrifying than one, two."

Su Dong smiled and patted Du Qingchen's hand, Mao Dan looked up at himself blankly. Ah, two? two what? Is there another child as miserable as him, with such a father! That's horrible! !