Chapter 154

"It's raining outside." Su Dong closed the window, turned around and carried the child to the bed, letting him play on the bed.

Du Qingchen put on a thicker coat and pushed open the door to go out.

"Are you going out?" Su Dong asked directly, feeling a little worried.

Du Qingchen was stunned, "Well, go out and have a look, you can go to sleep, after you wake up, everything will be over, and then we will go home and come back when Brother Nuan gets married, so we won't be with you.

" Back, Du Qingchen noticed something, if Qi Chengruo believed him, and if they really wanted to do something, then Su Nuan would naturally not come back. In this way, how could Du Qingchen fall asleep.

What Su Dong wanted to say, hesitated for a while, and finally just said: "Then be careful."

"Don't worry!" Du Qingchen chuckled, "I probably won't go out, just stay at home and wait for news or something, Don't think about it."

Su Dong nodded slightly.

Du Qingchen put on his coat, took an umbrella and went out to the flower hall. Qiu You was walking around the house, Du Qingchen glanced around, but did not see Du Rulin, and asked suspiciously, "Why don't you sleep? What are you doing here alone? When

Qiu You saw Du Qingchen coming, he hurriedly stepped forward and said, "Ru Lin was called away by the people of the Fifth Prince's Mansion, saying that the Fifth Prince was hosting a banquet."

Du Qingchen's face sank, "Why didn't anyone tell me!"

"Yes !" As Lin refused to say, he said it's fine, no need to tell you, let you rest well, and don't disturb you. But I always feel that something is wrong, Brother Du, what does the fifth prince want? , I always feel that something is wrong."

Du Qingchen said again: "Tell me more carefully."

You Qiu thought for a while, and said, "Ru Lin was going to refuse, but the people in the Fifth Prince's Mansion said that the Third Prince entered the palace, the Fifth Prince came here to hold a banquet, and secondly, he wanted to discuss with the people around him. As soon as Lin heard about these things, he told them not to tell you and left with them."

Before Du Qingchen said anything, Qiu You instead muttered, "Isn't it common for the third prince to enter the palace? Why do we have to discuss it? And this evening, the third prince is already an adult, why did he enter the palace at this time? Why is it good to spend the night in the palace? And Ru Lin... The reaction is also very strange, Liu Tai is still in the palace, I don't know what is going on at the moment... "Qiu You kept talking, Du Qingchen had already left the door with a cold face.

"Big Brother Du!" Qiu You rushed into the rain, "Where are you going?"

"Going to the Fifth Prince's Mansion, what's the use of staying in Rulin at this time? I'm the most useful, and Liu Tai listens to me the most. !" Du Qingchen asked his servant to lead the horse over.

You Qiu was stunned for a moment, "Brother Du, do you mean...they want to enter the palace? No! They want to..." Force the palace! ! You Qiu covered his mouth, and the next moment, "Big Brother Du, I'll be with you!"

"You stay at home to watch the house, I'm going out, and there's no one in the house who can make the decision, in case something happens... I'll leave it to you. You." Du Qingchen stopped him.

"I..." Qiu You couldn't refuse and could only stop. "Be careful!"

Du Qingchen waved his hand and rode on the horse brought by the servant. He tried his best to tighten the reins, and staggered out the door. Although he learned to ride, it was still raining at night. Not so good.

"Drive!" Du Qingchen still rode out the door.

In the palace, the emperor was so angry that he fainted once, and was rescued by the imperial doctor desperately.

"Rebel son! Rebellious minister!!" The emperor who woke up was so angry that he patted the bed, and turned to Liu Tai, who was on the side, "Liu Tai, bring the rice bag over here! I need to recover my strength and spirit before I can take care of this rebel! "

Father, you are weak, you might as well recover from your illness, hand over the guards in the palace to Erchen, and then give him a retribution edict to send him out of the capital, ordering the world to punish him! Erchen will be able to guard the palace and protect it." Royal father is safe!" The third prince gave a big salute.

The emperor's eyes were cold, and he looked at the third prince as if he was looking at a dead man, "How can you be better when he is like this?!

" The emperor was furious. At this time, he was the only one in the palace who could lead the troops. Could it be that the emperor also expected the eunuchs around him to lead the troops to fight?

There is no one else, and the guards in the palace are always in his hands.

With the imperial guard and the orthodox name, he can fight the old five with real swords and guns, and see who is destined to go!

"Liu Tai! Bring the rice bag!" The emperor said angrily.

The imperial physician did not dare to disobey the emperor's wishes, and he did not dare to hold the rice bag and not give it to the emperor. This hot potato eventually fell into Liu Tai's hands and was under his control, although according to Liu Tai's intentions, these should be destroyed directly. , lest the emperor think again, always fall short, but he can't.

Liu Tai's body trembled. He knew that the emperor had to recover his physical strength at this time, so he bowed and retreated. Soon, he brought the medicine over.

The emperor's eyes were fixed on the things in Liu Tai's hand. Before Liu Tai could bring it to him, he rushed over frantically, snatched it away, and swallowed it into his stomach without chewing it, like a hungry dog ​​robbing food. , but his body was so weak that he should have been resting in bed and could not get up at all. Such a sudden outbreak was only due to drug addiction. Once something reached his mouth, the emperor's body instantly softened and he passed out.

"Your Majesty!" Liu Tai looked sad and supported the fallen emperor.

The third prince got up and said: "My father is seriously ill, and I have to take care of Liu Gongzi. I will bring guards to guard the palace gate." After speaking, he turned to Uncle Wan and said, "The matter is urgent, and the father fainted again, but I will ask you for help. You can't delay the rebellious thing, please ask the father-in-law to take out the jade seal, and I will write the edict!"

"His Royal Highness, this is absolutely necessary! This is a serious sin!"

"The matter is urgent, it can't be like this! The old fifth rushed into the palace, forcing the palace to usurp the throne!" The

emperor woke up leisurely, paralyzed in Liu Tai's arms, the eighth prince was pulling his clothes and crying softly, not even daring to make a loud voice, the emperor seemed to realize that he was going At that moment, there was a hint of fear in his expression, but it quickly stabilized. Except for Liu Tai, no one noticed that the emperor was also afraid.

"Give him..." The emperor said weakly, the medicinal power of the rice nangzi surged up, making him dizzy and extremely comfortable, but this was just an illusion, he couldn't even get up, he had some days to go according to the diagnosis of the imperial doctor. The living head, but being so angry with the third prince, plus taking the rice bag, under the panic, it broke out again, and it took out the last bit of vitality from his body.

The imperial physician was almost trembling with his hands to diagnose the emperor's pulse, but he didn't dare to say a word, he just said tremblingly: "Please... also ask Liu Gongzi... help your majesty back to bed... rest..."

Liu Tai carried the emperor on his back He made the bed, covered him with a quilt, and skillfully added a cushion behind him.

"Father, what did you just say?" The third prince swallowed and said nervously.

"Here you, what you want, the edict of retribution, and the guards you want, all for you!" The emperor looked cold, "Get these for me and get out!" The

third prince immediately knelt down, "Father, you are sick now. Seriously, for the sake of the country, why not write the imperial edict together!" The third prince took a deep breath, tightened his nerves, and lowered his head.

"The imperial edict? Written for you? I'm afraid that I won't wait for the fifth to come to kill me, so I will die in your hands first! Don't give it to me!" The emperor held a sigh of relief, angry sound.

The third prince is also afraid that the emperor will be so angry, so he can't tell clearly, and he will be the one who will be punished at that time, and he hastily said: "Yes! Father emperor calm down, the son will go out and guard the father emperor. To the palace!" The

third prince even took the people he brought in, and the crowd receded like a tide, and before leaving, he took Wan Bo away, asking him to take the jade seal and write an edict of retribution.

In the bedroom, only Liu Tai and the eighth prince were left, and the emperor, who was panting and collapsed suddenly, was paralyzed on the cushion.

"Your Majesty..." Liu Tai whispered.

"Liu Tai, how old is your father this year?"

Liu Tai paused, "fifty-two years old this year."

"Fifty-two, I am fifty-nine this year, if I can live to the next year, it will be sixty years old. "

Your Majesty can, of course, when His Majesty's Longevity Festival, when all nations come to the court, the grass people will join in the fun in the capital."

"Tell me the truth, how is my body... how is it." The emperor said weakly.

Liu Tai couldn't say a word, just lowered his head.

"Emperor doctor!" The emperor said coldly.

"Weichen deserves to die, Weichen deserves to die, please forgive me..." Several imperial physicians have died these days. The one kneeling at the moment only feels that the butcher's knife is on his head, and he will cut it off in the next moment.

"Your Majesty... I beg you... Why is the imperial physician?!" Liu Tai's tears rolled down. These days, he stopped him, but he didn't save everyone's life.

The emperor didn't speak anymore. Maybe it was because people were about to die, and the fear and awe of death made him unable to kill him. He was just silent.

There seems to be despair in Liu Tai's eyes. With his current status, in the future, whether it is the third prince or the fifth prince who succeeds the throne, I am afraid that he will not be able to tolerate him, and the eighth prince... Liu Tai smiled bitterly, and the youngest son succeeded without any reliance , There are two more coveted brothers, he would rather die in the hands of the third prince or the fifth prince, and do not want to see the eighth prince succeeding to the throne, because of the seizing of the throne, the court will be in chaos, and the world will be uneasy.

"What are you thinking? Are you sad for me?" the emperor said.

"Caomin feels sorry for himself, maybe, I will never see my father again, I want to go home..."

"I am the Son of Heaven! I will win!"

"Yes..." Liu Tai lowered his head, not wanting to refute anything.

For a long time, the only sound of the eighth prince could be heard in the palace, which was so dull that one could hardly breathe.

"Liu Tai."

"Yes."

"Tell me, is I going to die?"

This time, Liu Tai actually said, "Yes..." There was

a deadly silence, this time even the Eighth Prince felt that the atmosphere was not right , did not dare to cry, but silently shed tears.

"I won't be able to win those two rebels?"

Liu Tai stopped talking, and the imperial doctor wanted to shrink himself into the ground, so he couldn't see it at all. This Young Master Liu was too courageous. He tied the emperor before and dared to take rice. Sangzi, now, even dare to say that you are going to die in front of the emperor.

"Your Majesty is the Son of Heaven..."

"Naturally!"

"And the sky has its own destiny, and the grass people are just ordinary people, and they dare not speak falsely." For

a long time.

"I really want to die..."

Liu Tai seemed to feel that death was imminent, he always had to go with the emperor, and he was not afraid for a while, but instead had a bit of courage, even if he would be killed in the future , but he also wanted to do something for the world. Liu Tai got up from the bed, knelt in front of the bed, kowtowed three times, and said, "Your Majesty, for the sake of the world, please establish a prince!" In

this way, the third prince and The dispute between the five princes can also have a conclusion. He only hopes that the situation will be one-sided after the will of the establishment of the reserve, and the new king will be settled soon, the orthodoxy will be settled, and there will be no endless troubles, and he doesn't care.

"Zhen..." The emperor's voice trembled slightly, as if he was engaged in a fierce ideological struggle. After a long time, it stabilized. Liu Tai was not in a hurry, just quietly waiting for his reply.

"Then, I will establish Xiaoba! Let them all fail!"

Liu Tai was not surprised, but persuaded: "Your Majesty, with your will, I am afraid that you will not be able to get out of the palace gate, whether it is the third prince or the fifth prince. This will be passed on to the world, and besides, the eighth prince is young, please consider the consideration of the people in the world to support you, and choose an adult prince as the king!" cry.

"Xiao Ba... Xiao Ba is very good, he is the best son of mine..."

"Your Majesty, you are the king! How can you only care about your own preferences? And ignore the subjects of the world?! Please, please think again. Think, think about it for the sake of this world... woo woo woo..." Liu Tai cried.

"Don't tell me, do you want me to choose those two rebels? I will be forced to death by them, I won't choose them..."

"Father..." The eighth prince took the emperor's clothes and looked at him pitifully.

Liu Tai suddenly thought of something, and immediately stood up, holding the eighth prince in front of the emperor, "Your Majesty! If you really love the eighth prince, look at him! Your will will kill him! His two brothers, I won't let him go, when you give the decree, that's when he will die!" The

emperor shuddered, unable to refute Liu Tai's words, his little eight, the only one left in his life, the most concerned son. Did the passing of his world to him actually hurt him? !

Liu Tai cried and said: "If Your Majesty had this intention long ago, he should have trained the eighth prince long ago, and prepared for the eighth prince to rely on, just like the queen did to the third prince, but you don't have it! The eighth prince has nothing now, even the words are written. It's not good, even if His Majesty passed it on to him, and the two princes above are willing to bow their heads as ministers or die together, the eighth prince will only be a puppet in the hands of the powerful ministers next to him

. ..." The emperor almost couldn't get up in one breath, but he had to admit that what Liu Tai said was reasonable. Even if Xiaoba barely sat on the throne, he would only be a puppet of others. It may even change the dynasty, then he is a sinner through the ages, and he has no face to face the ancestors!

"Please think twice, Your Majesty!" Liu Tai bowed his head to the ground.

"Then...you think, those two rebels...who can be the emperor..." The emperor's turbid eyes were full of confusion. He had never been so frustrated in his life that he wanted to let the son he hated the most inherit his own. throne.

"Caomin shouldn't be lying!" Liu Tai's expression was firm.

"I forgive you..." Innocent.

"But for the sake of this world, the people of the grass are dying, so I have to say it. Please, Your Majesty, establish the fifth prince!" Liu Tai tightened his nerves, "The third prince can't hold back the fifth prince, and the fifth prince is stronger than the third prince. Although he is not a benevolent monarch, he has the image of a wise monarch. He is planning for the world. Please consider the fifth prince!"

"You know... I don't like him... Now, he still has to force the palace!" The emperor raised his hand weakly, wanting to clench his fist. Smashed the bed, but couldn't get it up at all.

"But this also proves that the fifth prince is indeed capable..." Liu Tai bit his lip, the emperor didn't want to hear what he said, Liu Tai turned and said, "This just shows that your majesty is broad-minded, your majesty is the emperor, To leave a clear name for future generations, His Majesty can make a prince he does not like as the Crown Prince, which shows that His Majesty has a broad mind and works hard for the people of the world

.

Liu Tai continued: "Your Majesty, the third prince and the fifth prince, who are these two who are not forcing the palace?!"

What is the difference between the actions of the third prince and forcing the palace just now? Outside, no matter whether the third prince wins or the fifth prince wins, turning his head around is to force the emperor to write an imperial edict. There is no difference in essence!

The emperor closed his eyes, and tears ran down his wrinkled cheeks, "I'm here..."

"My father doesn't cry, Xiaoba blows, my father doesn't cry..."

"I... the third prince? He is in the palace now, if I don't stand him, I'm afraid that Xiaoba will have an accident immediately."

Liu Tai said: "But the fifth prince holds the city defense camp and the capital camp in the suburbs, and most of the courtiers have taken refuge with the fifth prince, so he can live. After a while..." The

emperor stopped talking, why didn't he understand.

"Your Majesty please leave a secret edict. At this moment, the third prince needs to rely on your majesty, and I don't know that your majesty has left an edict, so he must not dare to do it. When the outcome is clear, and the edict is made public, it can protect the eighth prince." The

emperor did not speak, as if After pondering for a long time, "Liu Tai, come here with a pen and paper. Imperial doctor, give me a needle to make me feel more energetic, I don't have the strength to pick up the pen..."