Chapter 117

The next day, Du Qingchen brought gifts to Master Xia's door. He thought very well. If Master Xia did not agree, then these would be a thank you ceremony to express the Du family's gratitude for Master Xia's hard work this year. , When he comes back, he finds a matchmaker to propose marriage. This is just to explore the wind.

Du Qingchen seldom came to the door, so suddenly, with such a heavy gift, and there were no three teenagers to follow, Master Xia understood something, smiled and let people into the room.

The Xia family is a yard with two entrances and two exits. Not to mention how rich and noble, but at a glance, it is not an ordinary family. When Du Qingchen entered the gate, he saw the flowers, plants and artificial stones in the yard. It was carefully trimmed and placed, and it looks good at first glance. The walls on both sides are also inlaid with murals, but there are some poems on them. Looking at the words, they seem to have been written by Master Xia himself, and someone specially carved them to decorate the courtyard.

Du Qingchen hurriedly praised a few words, but Master Xia did not show any signs of making a difference, and maximized the restraint of the one who was being asked to marry.

In the living room, Xia Zijin poured tea for the two of them. The exquisite tea set was almost the same as that used in the Tao Mansion. Du Qingchen raised his cup and opened the tea leaves with the lid, took a sip, and then put it down with a smile.

Xia Zijin also bowed and stepped back, walking far away, not to disturb Master Xia's conversation with Du Qingchen.

Du Qingchen started with Du Rulin's apprenticeship, and then talked about this exam. He tried his best to praise Master Xia. Even the teacher's kindness is as heavy as a mountain, and the teacher is like a parent. After laughing, Du Qingchen continued: "Speaking of which, how does Master think my family is like a forest?"

"Of course it's good." Master Xia didn't say much, just stroked his beard and said simply.

You still have to speak for yourself! Du Qingchen said: "I also love my brother very much. Master knows that I bought a house in the capital a few days ago?"

"Yes." Master Xia nodded.

"As a person, I don't actually like the prosperity of the capital. My father, my father-in-law and mother-in-law were born in the fields, and I can't enjoy that blessing. If he becomes an official, leave that house to him, so that he can have a place to stay in the capital." Master Xia was taken

aback for a moment.

Du Qingchen continued: "Then, the master also knows that we are going to Beijing this time for my husband's brothers, my father-in-law and mother-in-law have no money, but Su Nuan married Gaomen again, so we went to send the marriage like this. The dowry was not prepared, and it was not good, so I prepared a dowry of 5,000 taels for Su Nuan for my father-in-law and mother-in-law, which is also considered a favor."

Master Xia was really surprised this time, "You are generous. "

He's not a businessman, so he can't tell how much money the Du family has, but this figure still shocked him. He also understands what Du Qingchen means. He is willing to pay five thousand taels to marry his husband's brother. What about my brother? When the family split, it was definitely not just a house in the capital.

Master Xia pondered: "You know, it's not because of this that I love this disciple of mine."

They are scholars. If they use money to lure them, just to humiliate them, Master Xia will be angry.

Du Qingchen said: "Master Xia, I'm a businessman, I'm full of copper stench, and I really don't understand this. If there is any offense, don't be angry! I just know that Ru Lin is in front of you, and his benefits are clear to you. Chu, there's no need for me to say more, maybe, you know better than me! After all, I'm just his elder brother, but you are his mentor."

Master Xia felt more comfortable, Du Qingchen's words meant that he He regarded him as someone closer to Du Rulin!

Du Qingchen said: "I'm stupid and tacky. I can't come here in the bright spring and white snow. I can only talk about basic clothing, food, housing, and transportation. There is absolutely no other meaning."

Master Xia also felt that he was overreacting. He knew that Du Qingchen was here to talk about marriage, so why couldn't he stop talking like this? Let's talk about marriage! It is naturally necessary to talk about the children's future clothing, food, housing and transportation, and Du Qingchen is very sincere! It is very subtle to point out that Du Rulin will have a lot of wealth in the future and will never let Brother Jin suffer.

Master Xia was tempted. Although he had long been tempted, at this moment he really felt that the Du family could entrust Aiko.

Seeing Master Xia's expression, Du Qingchen felt that he could get to the point, so he said, "I want to marry the brother of the Master's family for Rulin, I wonder if I can agree?" Master

Xia was stunned, although he was already prepared, Du Qingchen He was stunned for a moment when he really said it, and after a long time, Master Xia stroked his beard and said, "Ru Lin... I can probably pass the exam this time. The capital..." Wasn't he separated from his brother Jin?

Du Qingchen said: "It is precisely because of this possibility that we have to make a decision quickly! In fact, the two children are not very old, so there is no need to be so anxious, but my father and I only think that Brother Jin is the best, for fear that it will be too late. Or if Ru Lin left Han County, it will be more difficult to open this mouth in the future, so he is so anxious. Master, don't worry, even if the two are separated from each other, and the marriage is settled, there will always be a day for reunion! It is impossible for people to stay in the capital for a long time. Han County is my home. I will definitely come back. When the time comes, our two families will be in this city, no matter how far apart Ru Lin and Brother Jin are, this is their foundation. It's their home, isn't it good for our two families to take care of each other?"

Master Xia stroked his beard, Brother Jin is a brother, he always wants to get married, he always wants to be alone and widowed. It is impossible to stop Brother Jin's future, prevent him from marrying a promising scholar, and only keep him in the provincial capital of Han County, so in any case, father and son must be separated.

And Du Qingchen's meaning is obviously that the short-term separation is not terrible. Sooner or later, he will get married and go to a place. Moreover, his Du family does not plan to be in another place. In the future, he can watch and help him in Han County. .

In this way, Master Xia will not be alone.

And if Du Rulin and Brother Jin go home, this is their home too.

Master Xia nodded slightly, feeling that there was no problem, Du Qingchen's eyes lit up, "Master agrees? If you agree, I will invite a matchmaker to come to the door immediately?"

"I have to ask Brother Jin what he meant, we can't make a decision so hastily. "

It should be, it should be." Du Qingchen nodded, "I hope the Master will tell Brother Jin that my family is like a forest and will definitely treat him very well." Master Xia nodded

.

Du Qingchen said goodbye and left, and returned to Du's house.

Du Rulin did not wait for news at home, but brought Liu Tai and Qiu You to see Min Anshi, and prepared gifts. First, he thanked Min Anshi for his teaching over the past year. Second, Du Rulin had his own. purpose.

In the Min Mansion, Du Rulin and the three of them were grateful first, and then pretended not to mention that Liu Tai and Qiu You were going back to the countryside to visit relatives, and they were going to the capital to attend Su Nuan's wedding, which made Min Anshi frown. Moved, couldn't help but ask two questions.

Du Rulin told about the reconciliation between his family and Su Nuan. In fact, Min Anshi knew it for a long time, but what he heard were all rumors, and he didn't dare to believe it completely. He heard from Du Rulin this time that he knew about the Du family. How far has he reconciled with Su Nuan?

If it is such a relationship, there is no estrangement after thinking about it! If Du Rulin enters the court, Qi Cheng will definitely help. Min Anshi thought silently.

"It's just that there is one more problem." Du Rulin put on a sigh, "Master said, if we win this time, we will directly test the Imperial College in the capital. I heard that the Imperial College is extremely difficult, and it is difficult for the three of us to even lift people. Where else would you dare to compete with thousands of people? To win the 100 places?"

Min Anshi's expression changed slightly, "If there are people with sufficient identities who are willing to write letters of recommendation for you, it is also possible."

"Yes! It's just that Marshal Qi can do it, but the master said that Marshal Qi is a military general, and I'm only afraid of his recommendation letter. It does n't work, you still need a famous civil servant."

Min Anshi sat up straight and smiled, "Maybe I can help you write a few letters of recommendation."

"Will this...would be too much trouble?" Du Rulin widened his eyes.

"Naturally not."

Although Min Anshi failed in the court battle, he was still a famous person in the world. His recommendation letter was very popular in places like Guozijian, which was also Du Rulin's plan. Du Rulin hurriedly cupped his hands in thanks, "Many thanks to Elder Min."

"Thanks are unnecessary, you just need to understand." Min Anshi said lightly.

Du Rulin froze slightly, Min Anshi had taught Du Rulin for so long, and he had already seen his thoughts. Since friendship was not easy to use and was discovered, then it was a fair deal. He provided convenience to Du Rulin, and Du Rulin would later It is also possible to repay him.

Du Qingchen cupped his hands and said, "This disciple understands." What he owed Min Anshi, he would naturally find a way to pay it back, neither more nor less, nor would he seek help from outsiders, he would repay it with his own ability.

The three of them took Min Anshi's recommendation letter and left Min Mansion. Qiu You frowned, grabbed Du Rulin's arm and said, "Why do you owe him so much, it won't be easy to pay back then."

"It's okay, if we get caught, Just take the Guozijian yourself first, the best one is in the exam. If you fail the exam and then use his recommendation letter, it is also a way out. The three of us must be neat and tidy, and no one can pull it down. For this, I owe others favors. So what? Could it be that the three of us can't afford his favor in the future?"

You Qiu nodded and said nothing more. In the future, he would find a way to repay today's kindness.

Liu Tai was still a little ignorant, he waved his hand and said, "What a big deal, it won't be over until you get in! Who will use his letter!"

Qiu You and Du Rulin looked at Liu Tai together, and were very speechless about his confidence. Crying, who is the one who thinks that he might fail the exam this time?

Back at Du's house, Du Rulin only received the news from Du Qingchen, Du Rulin still remembered being tense, unable to show that he and Xia Zijin had long been in love, Liu Tai had already slapped Du Rulin on the shoulder, "Okay. You kid, you are fast enough! If you don't pay attention, you will be engaged!"

Du Qingchen didn't think there was any problem with what he said, but just smiled and said: "Ru Lin wants to be one step ahead of you, this time back, I can't say for sure. The family will also make arrangements for you." Qiu You just

smiled, "How can you start a career if you haven't succeeded? When you are in the exam, you will be a good match for a girl from a good family."

The family is not like Du Qingchen. They are all villagers. First, he can't tell him any good marriage. Second, Qiu You is also a golden phoenix from the village. He still has arrogance. In his heart, he plans to marry someone From a good background, a girl who can read and read, a brother like Xia Zijin is logically within the scope of Qiu You's mate selection, but unfortunately, Qiu You is the kind of man who only likes girls, and he is a good brother first. Yes, he will be even less thoughtful and will not be jealous.

Liu Tai was stunned for a moment. Unlike Du Rulin and Qiu You's maturity, he was still a little shy, lowered his head, and said, "How can... my father can't remember this! In his eyes, I still It's too small!" The

mention of this matter makes people cry when they see it. Master Liu has never been sensitive to this kind of thing. Otherwise, he, a famous and wealthy scholar, would be in the same boat with the squires in the town. That's almost it, why has he been alone with his baby for so many years, isn't it because he doesn't care about the affairs of men, women, and men, and is particularly slow!

Liu Tai didn't dare to count on him at all, and he also imagined that, like Du Rulin, he met a beautiful woman, fell in love at first sight, resisted the evil parents of both sides, and finally came together, as described in the playbook, a talented man. Beautiful woman, fly together...

Liu Taixin yearns for it.

Du Qingchen said with a smile: "Liu Tai is really not big. You are really not in a hurry at your age. I'm not sure. When you are admitted to the Imperial College, someone will look at you.

" Shall I throw a handkerchief of love?" Liu Tai asked expectantly.

Du Qingchen was stunned for a moment. He was clearly talking about the masters of the Imperial College. Maybe he would look at Liu Tai, who was young but was successful in the examination, and chose him as his son-in-law.

Du Qingchen shook his head amusingly, without explaining, young Muai!

Soon, Master Xia sent a letter saying that they had agreed. Du Qingchen immediately invited a matchmaker to go to the marriage ceremony, and walked the engagement ceremony as quickly as possible. At this time, Su Nuan's marriage was very close. , they must hurry to the capital.

Du Rulin had just gotten married, so he might be separated from his fiancé. He didn't know when they would meet, but he and Xia Zijin were both tough-minded people. After a mutual complaint, an oath was made, and tokens were exchanged, and then they parted.

The Du family's group went to the capital, and they needed a few carriages. Du Qingchen hired an escort to ensure the safety of the road, and then they started on the road.

Mother Su was sitting on the carriage, faintly worried, "I don't know if I can catch up."

Du Qingchen just smiled, even if he couldn't catch up with him, that's the only way to do it. We can't hold Du Rulin's engagement banquet for Su Nuan's sake! In his heart, he was still more towards Du Rulin.

But the words must not be said that way, Du Qingchen said: "Mother, don't worry, I have calculated it, let's hurry up, get up early and go to bed late, we can still arrive a few days earlier, and there is still time to prepare things for Brother Nuan."

Su When the mother heard the words, she was relieved and nodded.