Chapter 80

"Have you found it?" Tao Xiude asked.

"This group of guards are all from Han County, and their family members are all here. Each has a family, a courtyard, an old and a small, and their net worth is innocent. There is no doubt about it. Before Tao Gongzi used them, did you check it?" Du Qingchen said with a smile.

"Then you don't work for nothing?" Tao Xiude chuckled, he naturally checked, otherwise, how can you trust it?

"It's not for nothing! At least I confirmed one thing." Du Qingchen replied.

"What?"

"If there is a spy here, you should not dare to do it yourself. Once caught, it will be a big crime of looting the family and annihilating the family. He should only be able to spread the message, but also to protect himself. There is another team of people who really do it. Tao Please take a look, sir, this is what I found at the back of the convoy." Du Qingchen handed a stone over, with a few scratches on it, but after looking closely, he couldn't tell what it was, it looked like...

" Sanyang Mountain?" Tao Xiude said.

Du Qingchen smiled and nodded, this is where they are going.

"Who lost it?" Tao Xiude's eyes froze.

"The other party is alert and didn't see it, but there is a way to test it." Du Qingchen replied.

A few days later, the convoy came to a mountain road, a cliff on the left, a cliff on the left, Tao Xiude asked someone to stop the car, got off the horse station and looked at the intersection, Du Qingchen drove over and asked with a smile, "Tao Gongzi, Shall we continue?"

"Let me prepare first, just take a few deep breaths in your words." Tao Xiude teased.

"That's fine, Master Tao takes a deep breath, we're not in a hurry." Du Qingchen nodded and stepped back.

Su Junxia came forward in confusion and leaned over to Du Qingchen's side, "What are we waiting for? Why don't we leave?" Isn't he rushing to relieve the disaster? This journey has been very safe, Su Junxia is about to slack off, and just wants to hurry to Yuan County, hand in the food and then call it a day to go home.

Walk? With such a good ambush section ahead, the fool is rushing forward! Du Qingchen said in the presence of the old god: "Wait for the hour, this hour is unlucky to enter the mountain road, wait for a good hour."

"How long will it take?" Su Junxia scratched his head.

"It's almost time." Du Qingchen smiled, then turned to look at Su Junxia, ​​"Boss Su, what do you want to eat at night? How about cooking some noodles?"

Su Junxia was stunned, Du Qingchen had told him privately before that he would use 'Boss Su' 'The three words are the secret code. Once he no longer calls him Su Junxia or Boss Su, but uses the three words Boss Su, it means that danger may come, and he should be alert. Su Junxia suddenly turned his head and looked at the mountain road ahead, the steep cliffs, the bottomless cliffs, if the grain cart overturned, wouldn't it be easier than burning it, and there would be no grain left? !

Su Junxia was startled, and subconsciously touched the saber on his waist, which was only worn after he came to the food team. Su Junxia's eyes flashed a bit of ruthlessness. He is the bodyguard who is a brother and a brother these days. If he really wants to harm this batch of food, he will not be merciful in his hands. So many disaster victims in the original county are still waiting for this batch of food to save their lives! He won't be sympathetic at this time!

Tao Xiude seemed to be ready, turned around and returned to the car, and then gave the order, "Let's go! Be careful, the mountain road is steep."

"Yes!" Everyone answered in unison.

Du Qingchen caught up with Tao Xiude's carriage and followed him with the carriage. When he set off, Du Qingchen looked in the direction Tao Xiude had noticed before, only to see a smoke from the kitchen lit up at an unknown time, and he didn't know what it was. Where is the family, and there are people on the top of the mountain, I am not afraid that people will think it strange. Du Qingchen hooked his lips and said nothing.

When the convoy entered the mountain road, no one said a word. They walked forward with all their hearts and minds, wanting to cross this unsafe road faster. One of the guards was far away from the grain cart, and his eyes couldn't help but flutter, and his expression became more and more flustered. stand up.

He clearly left a signal, saying that the convoy was going to enter this mountain road today. Did the person following behind him not see the message he left? Why wasn't there an ambush on this road? ! After crossing this road, you will soon arrive at Yuan County! Do you really have to go to the original county town to find a way to do it! In that case, wouldn't he have so much credit? !

Yan Xiaojiu was thinking wildly when she heard an explosion from above the cliff. Did it blow up a rock, did you want to hit the convoy with falling rocks? Yan Xiaojiu hurriedly ran forward with her head in her arms, wanting to stay away from the grain truck. The object of the blasting stone was the grain truck. He only needed to stay away from the grain truck. The team was also a little flustered for a while, and Tao Xiude watched coldly. , I saw that besides Yan Xiaojiu, there was another person running away, obviously away from the food truck, while the other guards were shocked by the sound of the explosion first, wondering what happened, and quickly picked up their weapons and wanted to Fight back, or look around in horror, trying to figure out the situation.

"Don't mess up! It's just the sound!" Du Qingchen said loudly.

The horses were also a little disturbed, but the driver was Su Junxia's brother, and there were a few good horse controlers rented in the city, who easily controlled the restless horses.

The explosion sounded only once, and then disappeared without a sound, without even shaking the ground, Tao Xiude said: "Go on." Then

everyone breathed a sigh of relief, secretly laughing at each other for being too nervous, but more than them What's even more nervous is that it's not so good, Yan Xiaojiu ran as fast as a rabbit, and her reaction was too excessive.

Yan Xiaojiu's body stiffened and her face was pale, why didn't the stone fall? ! Why did it ring? ! Yan Xiaojiu turned her eyes to the person who was running with him. He didn't know if the other person was also from their side, but when the two looked at each other, the same horrified and puzzled eyes revealed each other, almost In an instant, Yan Xiaojiu understood that the other party was also a dark line, but he didn't know it.

But now, they thought that there was going to be a rockfall, but they were the only ones who overreacted and ran out!

"Su Junxia, ​​catch these two people who ran out of the team." Tao Xiude ordered coldly.

Su Junxia was already prepared, he stepped forward and tied up the two people who were so frightened that they were fighting. They didn't even resist, which made him feel quite unfulfilled.

How could Yan Xiaojiu resist? What else did he not understand at the moment? This movement was just to deceive them, because only the spies who had passed the news knew that there was going to be an accident on this mountain road, so they would naturally react. Excessive, run away quickly when there is a little turbulence. It is difficult for ordinary guards who are ignorant to have such vigilance, even if some innocent people are really vigilant, but they abandon the grain cart at the slightest movement. Caught, no matter what, it is not wrong.

Yan Xiaojiu immediately raised her voice and shouted, "Why are you tying me, son? I just thought there was a falling rock, so I wanted to run farther. When the falling rock passed, I would rescue the food truck. I didn't do anything!" Ten people, and there are only two of them, how can they be captured without their hands? And forcibly refuting, as long as there is no evidence, maybe there is still a chance.

Tao Xiude ignored Yan Xiaojiu at all. He was still on the mountain road at the moment, and he could settle the matter when he settled down. As for the sophistry, is he the kind of person who believes in the words of others? Du Qingchen also wanted to explain that he had nothing to do with the Chen family, did he listen? He only trusts his own judgment, even if there is no evidence.

Du Qingchen chuckled lightly, "Xiao Jiu, no one said how you are, it's just that you're running too fast, so just tie it up first, and talk about it when you go out! Don't be afraid."

"Du...Mr. Du..." Yan Xiaojiu looked at Du Qingchen blankly.

"Don't be nervous, wait until we go out, you have to be good, don't struggle, this road is too narrow, if Boss Su can't control it and throw you off the cliff, it won't be good, oh, yes, The other one too." Du Qingchen smiled and continued to drive.

The incident happened quietly and ended lightly, and many people didn't even realize what happened. The two who were just their partners were tied up and walked forward together under strict supervision.

There were still only the sound of horses' hoofs and footsteps on the mountain road, and no one spoke. The narrow and steep road seemed to impede their movements. They could only form a long queue and walked forward with their heads sullen, but gradually someone responded, Yan Xiaojiu. These two are spies! Are you crazy? The two of them have wives and children at home, and their clansmen are all in Han County, but they rely on others and go against Tao Taishou, are you crazy!

No one knew what Yan Xiaojiu was thinking, but it was not their turn to care, and everyone could only move forward. Yan Xiaojiu seemed to have a premonition of her tragic future, and her legs were too weak to walk. Su Junxia simply pulled the man onto the horse's back, handed the other man to the other guards, and walked forward on the back.

After leaving the mountain road, the people who were originally firing guns on the top of the mountain also came down. The two teams happened to meet. The other party knew Tao Xiude and the existence of this food team. They stepped forward and said hello, "Tao Gongzi.

" Are you caught?" Tao Xiude's voice came from inside the carriage.

"Yes, I led a raid and caught seven or eight! There are a few familiar ones." The commander's eyes flashed fiercely. "Don't worry, Young Master Tao, I will be able to find out."

"Then I will trouble General Meng."

"Young Master Tao is polite. Helping you is helping me. I understand." Since the fall, it was the Meng family who succeeded the Kong family as the commander of Han County. Such an existence that defeated the third prince's direct line of superiority can be trusted.

When Tao Xiude noticed that someone was going to block the convoy on this mountain road, he sent his loyal servants to deliver a letter to Meng He, who was stationed in Linxian County, asking him to help catch the traitors. This is what happened today.

Yuan County was not far away, and Meng He simply escorted the grain team all the way into Yuan County. In the original county, Shao Qing received the news and brought someone to greet him at the gate of the city. When he saw the convoy, he immediately rushed forward, "It's finally here, if it doesn't come, it will really be interrupted."

Tao Xiude got down from the carriage. , everyone followed Tao Xiude to dismount and saluted Shao Qing, "I have seen the imperial envoy."

"Get up quickly!" Shao Qing lifted Tao Xiude with one hand, "How much did you bring? Is it enough?"

"It should be enough feet . Yes, but you still need to save some money." Tao Xiude replied.

Shao Qing also knew that it was very rare to be able to produce so much food with the power of the Tao family alone, and he did not embarrass him, "As long as I can barely maintain it, I will go to other counties to collect grain, and I should be able to support it. In the past."

Du Qingchen stood a few steps behind Tao Xiude, and could easily hear the conversation between the two. For some reason, when Shao Qing said that he was going to collect grain from other counties, his first reaction was Pingxing in his hometown. county.

As it turns out, it does!

Tao Xiude looked puzzled, "The entire Han County has been affected, although other counties are not so serious, but there is also a season of food missing. Where did Mr. Shao go to collect food? Don't force out the grievances of the people!"

"Don't worry! I won't go to those counties that can barely sustain themselves. I asked Gao Han to go to Pingxing County. Several squires in that county saved surplus grain. They were not seriously affected by the disaster. We say that we are rich, but there must be a surplus, so we can squeeze out some food."

Du Qingchen and Su Junxia, ​​squires of Pingxing County: ...

Tao Xiude silently looked back at the two behind him. If he remembered correctly, Pingxing County is only a small county town, and there are only a few so-called squires. Before, it was the Chen family and the Qiu family, and now it is... "You guys Food for the family?" Tao Xiude asked with raised eyebrows.

It was only then that Shao Qing noticed the two people behind Tao Xiude. He didn't know Su Junxia, ​​but Du Qingchen was still a little familiar. He was stunned for a while before thinking of this person, "That...the restaurant owner!"

"Master Shao has a good memory. , Under Du Qingchen, next to him is also the squire of Pingxing County, Su Junxia." Du Qingchen cupped his hands.

Uh... This is very embarrassing. I just said that I was going to Pingxing County to collect grain. Who would have thought that people would be standing beside me! Shao Qing touched his nose.

"I also ask Master Shao to forgive me. The food stored by the Su family and I was scattered among the villagers a few months ago. I'm afraid it won't come back." Du Qingchen cupped his hands.

There is a kind, going from house to house to grab the food of the people!

When Shao Qing heard the words, he smiled unnaturally, "Actually, it has already been recruited, and Gao Han has already returned. Although the food brought back is not much, it has already been shipped to Dajin County." Dajin County is also one of the severely affected counties. . Shao Qing saw Du Qingchen's stunned expression, as if he couldn't believe it, and explained, "Your magistrate is a good person."

Feng magistrate? Du Qingchen was stunned for a moment, just like that guy with a soft face and a happy belly all day long, can he take back the food that was scattered to the people? How dare he? ! When did he kill so decisively? !

"Your county magistrate sent an IOU to the people, and then went to visit the villages in person, going from house to house to persuade each other, and of course, accompanied by Gao Han, only then did you take back the food, Boss Du, you food! It's too early to disperse it. , gave us a lot of trouble."

Hehe, I deliberately went out early, just for fear of being stared at by the hungry wolf, but in the end, the hungry wolf took it away!

Du Qingchen could even imagine the embarrassment of Feng County magistrate knocking on the door for food under the stalking of Gao Han, but fortunately he ran early!

When everyone entered the county, Tao Xiude brought the account book to hand over to Shao Qing. By the way, he told Shao Qing what happened on the road. Su Junxia went to rest with Du Qingchen.

"Boss Du, when are we leaving? The food has also arrived. I don't think Young Master Tao wants us to return?" Su Junxia kept spinning around the room.

Du Qingchen took a sip from the teacup and poured himself another cup. It was a hot day, and now that the water was getting more expensive, he always felt that he was short of water. Du Qingchen said: "It is estimated that we will not be able to leave. They are short of people. It is estimated that we will not be able to go back before the end of the disaster relief."

Su Junxia was stunned. Sighed deeply.

"Don't think too much, it's better to keep it. First, you can take care of the food, and second." Du Qingchen gritted his teeth secretly, "After eating our stored food, is it not enough?" This batch of food was given to fellow villagers. It was prepared by Shao Qingkeng just like that. Magistrate Feng also carried a whole debt. This account must be calculated! Even if the food is not returned, the benefits must be enough!

In the study room of the government office, Tao Xiude recounted all his experiences along the way to Shao Qing, Shao Qing smiled and his eyes showed coldness, "Severe torture to extract confessions, let them spit out all the traitors they know, I Let's see how many nails you have buried in Han County!"

"My lord, forgive me, my father has been in control of Han County for less than a year, and he has been fighting against the Kong family before, please forgive me!" Tao Xiu German archer.

Shao Qing chuckled, "I don't blame you, what are you afraid of, get up and sit down! By the way, you just said that the mountain road was attacked, was the person named Du Qingchen discovered in advance? That's why you can inform Meng He in advance. Caught the thief?"

"Exactly. Thanks to Boss Du's meticulousness, he kept staring at the entire team for me, and then I was lucky to find someone using stones to deliver a letter."

Shao Qing thought, "I remember that the reason why Pingxing County has food now is also Because of him, he found out that the drought was coming, and encouraged the other squires to buy grain and store it together. This man is a bit interesting. Since he is a smart man, he will keep it for the first time. Now I am short of credible people here, so let him come and help me. "

This..."

"What's wrong?" Seeing Tao Xiude hesitate, Shao Qing said dissatisfied.

"It's not impossible, it's just that he is a businessman, and he wants to do things for profit. Didn't your lord use the grain of Pingxing County before? This batch of grain was his before. Speaking of which, he is also good, let's say a few good words first, Make him happy, then tell him to wait for things, and give him some benefits and convenience, so that he can do things with peace of mind."

Tao Xiude struggled with organizational words, he felt that with Du Qingchen's character, he went out of Pingxing County again. It's not bad to grit his teeth in annoyance at this moment. Where can he help Shao Qing honestly, he still has to talk about the benefits clearly before using him.

"Such a character!" Shao Qing heard the words and chuckled lightly, "Okay, you can deal with it. If he has anything he wants, you can convey it to me, and think of a way to make him do things honestly."

"Yes!" Tao Xiude bowed his hands.