Chapter 148

The Third Prince's Mansion, the third prince learned that the emperor was addicted to drugs, and immediately packed up and headed to the palace, "What happened to the emperor? How about the fifth? What's happening with him?" On the carriage, the third prince asked the eunuch who came to inform him.

"The third prince, don't panic, His Majesty's addiction is not deep, as long as he quits, he will get better. As for the fifth prince, His Majesty has an order to order the fifth prince to live at home, study and observe filial piety, and do not have to go to the palace to attend to illness." The

third prince nodded, not saying anything. Looking into the inappropriateness of this order, it stands to reason that he is the father and son of the queen, but in the end it was the fifth prince, not him, who wanted to be at ease and filial piety. Moreover, a cold look flashed in the eyes of the third prince, how could a person who has never suffered a little bit of pain quit his addiction?

The third prince didn't know how addictive effect of this rice bag was, but he had seen others quit drinking. It was really a life rather than death. Putting it on the emperor, with the third prince's understanding of the emperor, must be angry and angry. Let the palace servants send enough medicine to eat, quit? ! joke!

If people don't get better, what will happen if they continue to eat rice buns? More addictive? Or will it take lives? ! It is necessary to find out this drug before making a decision. If it can damage the body or even cause death, he has to make plans early.

However, without Qi Cheng, Jiang Chuan is not used by him, and the guards in the palace are all under the command of the father, and he has almost no soldiers in his hands. ! The third prince is restless, and now he only hopes that his father can write him an imperial edict and give him an orthodox name. If the fifth son really rebels, then he can accuse the fifth one of conspiring against him, and then If he sticks to the palace and calls on the soldiers around the capital to encircle and suppress him, he will not be afraid of these.

Orthodox, orthodox...

This name is what the third prince wants, and the fifth prince wants even more. This is also the reason why the fifth prince clearly controls more than half of the capital, but he has not really made a clear decision to continue to endure the emperor.

No matter how wise and powerful the king is, once he is not in the right position, he will always leave a stigma in the history books, and even there will be endless rebellions in the country. Just because of that sentence, the position is not right!

The third prince's expression flashed, and he turned his mind. Soon, the carriage entered the palace, the third prince trotted into the bedroom, Liu Tai knelt in a corner, and the eighth prince cried like a cat on the bed, kneeling around him. There was a circle of trembling imperial physicians, all with pale faces.

The emperor's face was gloomy, and when he saw the third prince, he forced out a smile and said, "Come on."

"My son, see you..."

"Get up quickly, come here." On the dragon bed, the emperor waved to the third prince.

The third prince has never felt such preferential treatment since he was an adult. For a while, he felt a sense of flattery, and even a little back to when he was a child and was coaxed by the emperor in his arms.

The third prince walked over quickly with his head lowered, his eyes were cold. When he was a child, he felt that his father liked him. When he grew up and was treated coldly every day, he gradually realized that his father actually only liked those who did not treat him well. A person who threatens, only a son who is not a threat will give a little bit of father-son affection. Once the child grows up, his wings are hard, and he has his own mind, in the eyes of the father, he immediately becomes an enemy.

"Royal father." The third prince pinched his thigh secretly, squeezed out tears, leaned to the bedside, and shouted with tears in his eyes.

"Good boy." The emperor raised his hand and touched the third prince's head. "These days, I have wronged you." The

third prince shook his head, wondering in his heart, where is he wronged?

"The fifth one is really unethical. He even arranged for that Jiang Chuan to plot against you and destroy your reputation. Don't worry, the emperor understands that he will not misunderstand you."

Eh... Jiang Chuan shouldn't really be sent by the fifth, he really likes me. The third prince did not expect his father to be so suspicious! But he will not explain it for the Fifth Prince! He also pinched his thigh again, the tears of pain rolled down, and his legs trembled a little, "The father understands the grievances of the son, the son will not be wronged..." The

third prince lay on the bed, with the back of his hand. He wiped his eyes fiercely and rubbed them red before raising his head again.

The emperor then entered the topic, "I'm sick, you know it, it's just that during the treatment, the affairs of the court..." The

third prince's eyes lit up and his eyes widened slightly.

"I'll let you take care of it first. From today onwards, you'll supervise state affairs until I recover from my illness..."

"Yes! This son will definitely live up to the expectations of his father!" The third prince nodded immediately and said quickly.

A look of dissatisfaction flashed in the emperor's eyes, but he could only sigh. He couldn't still hand over the task of supervising state affairs to the fifth child at this time, so he didn't have to do the throne, and he always used the third child. He is sitting on the Diaoyutai firmly with the fifth child, but these days, the third child's power has weakened, and even the direct line around him can't be kept.

How can the emperor see that the fifth prince is the only one, and now he has to recover from illness, so he will take the opportunity to temporarily hand over the government to the third prince. So that he can continue to hold his throne firmly, and he doesn't need to worry too much about the government, those trivial matters have their own people under the two princes rushing to do it, and it's better than doing it well.

This is his consistent way of governing the country. As for what is being overridden, and how many pure ministers are still in the court, the emperor does not consider it. He is the son of heaven. is what he wants.

After dealing with the affairs, the emperor asked the third prince to retire, and the third prince was not willing to wait any longer, so he retired.

After walking a long way, the third prince asked: "Why are those imperial physicians still in the bedroom? According to the father's temperament, it should have been dragged out and beheaded?

" Young Master Liu, who is the companion of the Eighth Prince, happened to be there when the accident happened. When His Majesty was angry, he persuaded His Majesty, saying that killing all the imperial physicians would relieve his anger, but who would treat His Majesty? This was temporarily saved. For the heads of these imperial physicians, let them commit crimes first, if His Majesty is safe, they may still be able to save their lives, if they can't be cured..." The

third prince understood and nodded. "No wonder."

...

The Fifth Prince's Mansion, Shao Qing anxiously went to the door. Seeing that the Fifth Prince was still in the study, he seemed to have really obeyed the emperor's order. He even had food and lodging in the study. Said: "The third prince is supervising state affairs." So hurry up and worry about me! Think of a way!

The fifth prince glanced at Shao Qing with a smile, put down the book, "I guessed it a long time ago."

He is powerful, and the third prince is weak. In recent years, isn't the father and emperor just like that, whoever is weak will help whoever is weak, until they are powerful Can balance. Today, too.

"Then what should we do?!" Shao Qing frowned.

"It's different now." The fifth prince smiled and said, "If he wants to supervise state affairs, we must also see if he is willing to supervise state affairs." The way

of checks and balances is in balance, but maintaining balance is not so easy. If one party adds a huge weight, it will lead to imbalance. When the balance is already out of balance, what if the other party adds more weight?

One is Jiang Chuan throwing at him, the other is abandoning Marquis Gao Ning, these two weights fall, even the people under the third prince's family feel sad, the prospect is bleak, and tentatively want to throw at him.

This game of chess, the result has been decided, the opponent on the chessboard has no pawns, even if he is given three moves and no pawns, what can he do?

"It looks like Your Highness has already made up his mind." Shao Qing felt a little relieved.

"The third child has been unable to turn the tide, and the key lies in His Majesty. If he recovers, or if he leaves an edict that is passed down to others..." The fifth prince pondered slightly.

Shao Qing's eyes flashed fiercely, "I would like to die for His Highness!" The

fifth prince hooked his lips, "Shao Qing, do you know what you are talking about? He is the king."

"His Royal Highness is my only king!" The

fifth prince Dingding looked at Shao Qing for a long time, then laughed lightly, "What if the princess has an heir?"

"His Royal Highness is still my only master!" The

fifth prince sighed and stood up, walked over and helped Shao Qing up.

...

In the bedroom, there are no outsiders at this moment, the emperor left Liu Tai and the eighth prince here, the emperor said: "Liu Tai, tell the truth, do you think I was harmed this time?"

"Your Majesty is Who?" Liu Tai knelt before the collapse and asked in a low voice.

"The fifth, or the third, or someone else in the court, it is also possible that someone from the harem, or someone in the imperial hospital deliberately guides the imperial physicians because of personal grudges, and secretly harms me!" The emperor clenched his fist and slammed on the bed, his eyes widening Boss, gritted his teeth.

Liu Tai lowered his head, "Then around Your Majesty, who do you think could possibly harm you?"

"They are all possible! Everyone has their own thoughts, and everyone may be a spy for others! Step by step, lure me to take the bait and want to take my power!"

"Then... what about the grass people?" Liu Tai asked.

"You wouldn't, if you would, I wouldn't keep you, you were born in the countryside of Han County, and the last three generations have nothing to do with the court. Although your biological father knew the prefect of Han County, he was arrogant and unwilling to submit to the powerful. I'd rather teach in the country than go to an old friend. I believe in your tutor! Besides, I met you only a few days after you came to the capital. You don't have time to surrender to anyone, and you can't get into their eyes."

"Your Majesty . Did you check the details of Caomin?" Liu Tai looked sad.

"If I don't investigate, who else can I trust?! Look at the things at the entrance, the layers of checkpoints, and the people who test poison everywhere, and they

have been killed so far!" "The

emperor was silent, "So, you are also the fifth one?"

"Of course not! The grass-roots people are only loyal to the king and the people of the world! My father said that if you want to study for fame, you should stand upright and serve the country and the public. "

Okay! That's right! If those people think like you, I can make the world peaceful even if I go down and rule. Unfortunately, there are always few people like you."

Liu Tai wanted to say something, but In the end, he didn't say it. These days, he also realized how stubborn this king is. This is not the wise king in his mind, but who can be? Liu Tai was at a loss. He seemed to understand a little bit why his father insisted on returning to his hometown, and he refused to continue to gain fame or go to Tao Taishou.

Since ancient times, sages and sages have been poor and humble, not to mention my generation is lonely and straight.

Liu Tai lowered his head and said nothing. The eighth prince suddenly came over and pulled Liu Tai's sleeve, called his little brother, Liu Tai's eyes fell on the eighth prince, and his eyes softened.

"Little brother, will the royal father be all right?" The eighth prince's face was full of worry.

"Your Majesty is the Son of Heaven. With the blessing of gods and Buddhas, he will be fine." Liu Tai smiled.