Chapter 160

Liu Tai was walking on the dirt road in Dujia Village with a book basket on his back. It rained yesterday, and he and his father were not worried about Du Rulin, who was at home alone, so Liu Tai carried a lot of food after school to visit his former classmates. Yes, ever. Since the eldest brother of the Du family was beaten to death by the thugs, the uncle of the Du family did not last long, and soon followed. There was no family to support Du Rulin, and he did not keep the family money. He was allowed to go to school, but the food, clothing, housing and transportation still overwhelmed him, and Du Rulin had to leave school and go home.

Liu Tai pursed his lips, and a trace of regret for his friend flashed in his eyes.

"Rulin, I've come to see you, what are you doing?" Liu Tai entered the Du family's house and saw Du Rulin squatting in front of a farm implement with a tangled face, but when he saw Liu Tai entering the door, he was cheered up. .

Du Rulin smeared the mud on his hands on the dirty bungee, and there was a hole in his clothes, which was not patched up. Du Rulin smiled, "Liu Tai, you're here." He scratched his head and said, "Don't bring me food, I'm fine."

"Nothing! You've lost all your money, you have to eat and live! I don't bring you food all the time, wait. I won't bring it to you when you've come over."

Liu Tai took the book basket to the kitchen, and sorted the food in the place where it should be placed. Then he came out with the empty book basket in one hand. Said: " What are you doing?"

Du Rulin said embarrassedly: "I want to repair farm tools. After a while, Brother Mancang told me to familiarize me with the work in the field. I have to get started slowly."

Sad, "Where have you done this before?"

"Always do it slowly." Du Rulin lowered his head, "It's good to be familiar with it, and you'll be able to get started soon." To convince yourself.

Liu Tai looked even sadder than Du Rulin, raised his hand and wiped his tears, "You're fine, don't forget all the books you read, if you don't remember, go to a private school to study, Dad said, I won't accept you for repairs , you can go whenever you want! Even if you go every once in a while! Dad said, you should read more books and become an accountant when you grow up, do you know?!"

"I know... I've already started the work in the family, so I'll go when I have time."

"But I don't want you to be the accountant, you wait! When I pass the exam, come over and become my master!"

"Okay." Du Rulin smiled, "I'll be your master in the future."

Liu Tai stayed with him for a while before he left uneasy. He also wanted to go back to the private school to prepare for the exam. He was about to take the Tongsheng exam. When he returned to the town, Liu Tai was watching. When a few officials slammed a man on the back with a big stick, the running man spat out a mouthful of blood and fell to the ground. Liu Tai was terrified and quickly scattered along the way. The crowd hid by the road.

"Young friend Qiu, you are here!" Liu Tai saw his classmate not far away, and hurriedly took a few steps forward and pulled his hand, and said in horror, "It's terrible, the official is actually beating people in the street." Liu Tai covered Holding his chest, he patted lightly.

Qiu You didn't seem to be afraid. Instead, he asked with a smile, "You came back from Rulin's house? How is he?"

Liu Tai sighed, "It's still the same, by the way, you don't wear anything. Do you have any clothes? Bring him some clothes next time you go! I saw that his clothes were all torn today, and no one had repaired them. They were dirty and didn't change."

You Qiu was silent for a while, and nodded. head.

In the middle of the road, several officials surrounded the man who vomited blood, and said scoldingly: "I think you are still running away?! If you can run away, the monk can't run away from the temple, how far can you run here? Grandpa? We've been waiting for you for days! You've been caught!"

"It's not me! I didn't kill anyone, I just listened to Chen... woo..." The official almost kicked the man's mouth, and successfully kicked back the words in his mouth, popping out a few front teeth.

Liu Tai shuddered and didn't dare to look any more. He turned his head and pulled You Qiu and said, "Let's go!"

"Let's go? No, I have to see clearly. Next time I go to Du's house, I can tell Ru Lin to kill his brother. How did the person get caught?" Qiu You looked coldly in the direction of the man who vomited blood.

Liu Tai's eyes widened, "He's the gangster who killed the Du family's eldest brother!"

You Qiu nodded.

"My son! My son!" In the distance, a white-haired old man trembled and chased out. He was supported by a brother and rushed over here crying, "Please don't beat him, this is digging. My heart!" The old man cried and fell to his knees, clasping his palms together and begging for mercy.

"Luo Qing! Take me back! Please take care of him. I, Su Junxia, ​​will be a bull and a horse in my next life, and I will definitely repay your kindness!" Su Junxia slurred his speech, spat out a mouthful of blood, and shouted at the person who came.

Luo Qing seemed to be angry, walked towards him, kicked Su Junxia's butt fiercely, and stared at the officials, Luo Qing cried, raised his hand to wipe the tears, "Your own kiss, you It doesn't matter! Leave it to me! Yes, I will definitely care! What sin did I do in my last life, I met you brothers, these bastards! One left me a posthumous child, the other gave me Ame..." Luo Qing seemed to collapse , squatted down and cried. "I told you earlier that I wouldn't let you fight... I told you earlier... Who are you listening to me... woo woo woo..."

Su Junxia's eyes flashed a tinge of pain, and suddenly he shouted indifferently. : "It was the Chen family's big butler who asked me to do it! He is the murderer..."

Another kick, "Shut up! The Chen family is also something you can cling to, and it is not worthy to carry shoes for the Chen family. If you want to slander the Chen family, you fought the fight, right? You killed the people, right? What does it have to do with the Chen family! Do you have any evidence, you!"

Su Junxia seemed to be in despair, and despite the blood flowing out of his mouth, he still roared: "The Chen family murdered! A body was secretly buried in Baigou! I personally..."

Another beating.

"Don't fight, stop fighting!" Luo Qing wanted to stop, but there was nothing he could do. Instead, he was pushed aside and could only cry.

In the crowd, the Chen family's butler saw this scene, pondered a little, and slipped away along the street. Su Junxia actually saw that they buried the corpses back then, and the place was no longer safe.

"Let's go!" It was Qiu You, who couldn't bear it anymore, and pulled Liu Tai to leave.

"He said the Chen family..." Liu Tai said blankly.

"Don't worry about it so much, we can't deal with the Chen family." Qiu You whispered: "We'll talk about it when we pass the exam." It is not too late for a gentleman to take revenge. It's not that they didn't know that the gangster was sent by the Chen family.

Liu Tai fell silent, and soon, when it was time to go to the provincial capital for the exam, several of Liu Tai's classmates went to Tao Taishou's mansion together. He also learned for the first time that his father had a classmate friendship with the county governor. On the recommendation of Tao Taishou, Liu Tai and Qiu You took Master Xia as their teacher and stayed in the provincial capital to prepare for the exam.

However, the comfortable days of studying hard did not last long. Soon there was a severe drought in Han County, the disaster relief food was burned, the disaster relief failed, and the victims were displaced. Han County became the world of the Kong family.

Liu Tai knew that the backstage of the Chen family was the Kong family, and because of this, even though he had put down his self-esteem and begged Tao Taishou, Tao Taishou did not agree to help Du Rulin redress, because the Chen family had the Kong family as the backstage, and now, the Kong family Even won the entire Han County.

Outside the city, the city was starving, the victims were besieged, and the two inside the city were like two ants. Qiu You and Liu Tai fell into panic and conflict, whether to leave the starving victims and eat them alive, or stay and wait for the Kong family to think about it someday. Tap them to death? !

"Let's go to the capital! I'll write you a letter, you go to a friend of mine, and stay there to prepare for the exam." Master Xia said to the two of them.

"But there are disaster victims outside the city. We are afraid that we will be looted by the disaster victims if we don't go far." Qiu You frowned.

Master Xia pondered: "You can go with the torture vehicle." The

torture vehicle was the one that escorted the Tao family.

Master Xia said: "The prefect is kind to you, and you should take care of him all the way. With the escort officer, you can be safe."

"I'm worried about my father..." Liu Tai lowered his head.

But at this time, no one can help him. What Master Xia can do is to send them to the capital to avoid the right and wrong. Qiu You comforted: "Master is a famous scholar in town, town I don't know how many people have been taught by him in the past, and they will definitely protect him, but it's my family..."

Liu Tai heard this, and quickly comforted Qiu You, "Ji people have their own good looks, our family will be fine, Ru Lin It will be fine too."

You Qiu had to nod his head. The two simply packed their bags and waited to enter Beijing with the team escorting Tao Taishou.

But the capital is not a good place. Liu Tai and Qiu You didn't stay for a long time. The battle for the throne between the fifth prince and the third prince has already heated up. You come and go with the smell of fire and medicine. Liu Tai and Qiu You are careful. Yes, he didn't show his face, didn't do anything, hid quietly at Confucius Xia's friend's house to study, and went to see Taishou Tao once in prison, but the money was really not enough, so he couldn't bribe the prison guards often, so he couldn't go there often.

A few days later, until one night, there was shouting, shouting, and killing. Liu Tai and Qiu You listened tremblingly all night, but fortunately no one broke into the house.

The next day, the two of them went out to see. The streets were covered in blood. Some street cleaners carried corpses onto the bullock cart. They had broken arms and legs. I don't know how many corpses had been disemboweled. .

The street cleaner walked over and roared, "What are you screaming! People who cry are annoying, it's good to be alive, but it may not be alive. When the new emperor ascends the throne, you are all traitors, and you want to implicate the nine clans!"

The injured people cried even more. The people who belonged to the new emperor had long been taken away for care and treatment. Those who were left on the street belonged to the third prince. Now that the third prince was defeated and Jiang Chuan was killed, these people are also trash. Well, maybe it will also affect the family, it is better to die clean.

Liu Tai felt uncomfortable when they cried.

"I heard that the third prince is in the claustrophobic mansion, and the body of the general is also there. Why don't we go too, or die, and it is good to die with the general."

"I don't go... I want to go home... woo woo... ' cried a young man in military uniform who was seriously injured in the corner.

"Walk around, why did you guys come out? Hurry back!" Master Xia's friend was a sesame petty official. She was notified early in the morning to go to the yamen to wait for orders, but she was only given a lecture and admonishment, and she came back.

"Uncle, what's going on outside?" Qiu You asked.

"The new emperor decreed that the three princes should be killed, the nine families of the mother should be executed, the family tree should be removed, and they would be demoted to the common people, and they would not enter the royal tomb. Jiang Chuan's body was hanged at the gate of the city for three days to be violent. Think about it."

But things didn't end so easily. There were rumors in the capital that the new emperor was not in the right position. He was forced to kill his father, brother and brother. transport. Such a statement is that students like Liu Tai and Qiu You who stay at home to study and prepare for exams have heard a little, and everyone knows it.

A new round of deterrence has begun. The blood on the street has not yet dried, and the blood of the law field has already been spilled. Since everyone knows that the new emperor is not in the right position, it is impossible to govern the country with generosity. Only massacres can stop the rumors. Liu Tai tried his best to keep his ears out of the window and read only the books of sages and sages, until the people they were staying at were barged in by the officers.

"Where is Lu Yi? Did you feel in the bookstore the day before yesterday that His Majesty killed too much and violated the peace?!"

"I..."

"Arrest!"

"Who are you? Not on the Lu family's list." The officer looked at it. Liu Tai and Qiu You.

The two fought each other, Qiu You bit the bullet and said: "We are students living here, and we are going to take the imperial examination."

"What is your relationship with Lu Yi?"

"Lu Yi is our master's classmate, we Those who come to the capital and are unfamiliar, stay here temporarily." Qiu You took a deep breath.

The officer checked the directions of Liu Tai and the two and confirmed that they came from Han County and had nothing to do with the Lu family, so he said, "Hurry up and get out of the way, the Lu family is sealed."

"Uncle!" Liu Tai called out.

Lu Yi shook his head and sighed again and again, motioning them to leave quickly. He accidentally exited and caused trouble, so don't implicate the two children.

Liu Tai and Qiu You fought back tears, simply packed up his things, and walked out of the gate, watching as Lu Yi was taken away by the officers, and the gate of the Lu family was sealed.

"What should we do? Uncle Tao was killed a long time ago, and Uncle Lu was also arrested. We..." Liu Tai lowered his head and tears fell.

Qiu You is older, "Find a place to live first, and then we go back to our hometown." That's

all... Liu Tai was silent and could do nothing.

These days, due to the fear of killing in the capital, many people have returned from the capital. Liu and Tai can easily find a team that they can go with. On this day, everyone walked slowly. Walking on one leg, a group of people walked on the official road, and behind them, a group of people came from behind.

"Yu, the people in front of you get out of the way!" a soldier roared.

Everyone quickly dispersed, Qiu You Liu Tai also quickly stepped aside, Qi Cheng and Su Nuan wanted to pass through the middle of the road on horseback, Liu Tai saw Su Nuan slightly stunned, turned to Qiu You and said: "That person seems to be The Su family..." Liu Tai quickly shut his mouth, secretly regretting that he was quick to speak, for fear of being heard.

But Qi Cheng had already heard it, and he pulled the reins and stopped. Su Dong, another son of the Su family, lost his reputation because of Su Nuan. He married and died tragically. The Su family hated them very much. This time Qi Cheng returned home with Su Nuan and wanted to see if he could ease Su Nuan. The relationship with his biological parents, but he didn't actually have any hope in his heart, so after hearing Liu Tai suddenly mention the Su family, he held the reins with a little expectation.

"What's wrong?" Su Nuan also stopped.

"This person seems to know you." Qi Cheng pointed to where Liu Tai was. Su Nuan

looked at Liu Tai, but didn't know him, but still smiled and said, "Do you know me? We are fellow villagers?"

Personality, just dressed better, then raised his head and said: "I'm from Shashan Town, I... I've seen you in town before..." Cursing.

Liu Tai didn't say it, but Su Nuan already understood that he actually has a pretty good reputation...

Su Nuan laughed dryly and scratched his head, "I'm much better now." people.

Qi Chengdao: "Since he is a fellow countryman, I wonder if he can make peace with his father-in-law and mother-in-law?"

Su Nuan said helplessly: "My parents don't eat hard and soft, let alone fellow villagers, even if the patriarch goes, it may not give you face, you think too well. But I remember that there is a famous master in our town, if he , my parents may even give three points of face, others are impossible."

"That's my father..." Liu Tai said quietly.

Qi Cheng and Su Nuan turned their eyes at the same time.

In the end, Liu Tai and Qiu You joined Qi Cheng's horse team and returned to their hometown together, but Liu Tai wanted to persuade his father and help Su Nuan speak kind words. Only then did Liu Tai know what happened to the Su family, and he didn't seem to be able to help with this matter. After thinking about it for a long time, Liu Tai said to Su Nuan when he took a break, "I don't think my father would be willing to help you." , where can outsiders intervene.

Hearing this, Su Nuan did not embarrass him, but just smiled bitterly, "I know it too, but... I still hold a glimmer of hope."

"Then are you still taking us all the way?" Liu Tai said nervously, but he I can't do things like deceive Su Nuan first, and then go back to my hometown.

"Take it! After all, I'm a fellow countryman! If I can't help me, I'll take you back." Su Nuan said.

Liu Tai was very grateful, but Su Nuan didn't say anything, bowed his head and looked very lonely and sad.

The horse team was very fast, but within a few days, Liu Tai and others rushed to the town. Su Nuan was so timid that he didn't dare to face Su's father and Su's mother. Home, let's see how the family is doing after a drought.

"Dad, I'm back! I didn't take the exam, I only got the talent..." Liu Tai's mouth twitched and tears fell. He had been away from home for many years, and he didn't know how his father was.

Master Liu, with gray hair and an old look, almost skinny, walked out slowly and saw Liu Tai, who had grown a lot taller, just as he was about to laugh, Liu Tai threw himself into his arms, "Father, I thought that I'll never see you again, woo woo..."

Master Liu didn't say anything, just touched Liu Tai's head.

"Dad, you don't know, I have met a lot of people and things. I went to the capital with Uncle Tao, and I also saw two princes fighting for succession. Many people died. I have a lot of things to say. , By the way, is Ru Lin okay? I haven't seen him for many years, I want to chat with him." Seeing that his father was fine, but his hair was a little thinner, Liu Tai felt sad, but also felt at ease, at least his father was fine That's it.

"Ru Lin..." Master Liu didn't look very good, and said slowly: "He went, he didn't carry it during the drought..."

Liu Tai froze, "How is it possible..."

"He is young I asked him to come and live with me, but he still refused, saying that he could not implicate me, and said that people in the same village would help him... I didn't expect..."

Liu Tai couldn't believe this fact , He also promised to let Ru Lin be his master, and he also wanted to talk to him Bing Zhu Ye when he came back. He had a lot of things to say, but he was gone.

Half a month later, Liu Tai gradually took over Master Liu's private school. During the drought, Master Liu was starving, and because of the affairs between Tao Taishou and Du Rulin, he became increasingly old and weak, and even the private school was gradually unable to take care of him. Fortunately, Liu Tai is back. Although he is only a scholar, he is more than enough to teach in the countryside.

Su Nuan finally returned without success, and the Su family's parents refused to forgive him, even if he was their biological son, Liu Tai and Qiu You went to see them off, and the group talked for a while, and Su Nuan said, "You are Don't you have another exam? In a few days, the exam for juren is about to start, but you want to go with us? We passed the provincial capital and just happened to send you there."

Liu Tai and Qiu You glanced at each other, although they had never talked about this matter, but the two shook their heads tacitly, Liu Tai said: "I will not take the test, my father is not in good health, I want to stay at home, Teaching for him and taking care of him, and, I don't seem to like officialdom, it's good to be a teacher."

Qiu You smiled, "I also want to stay, my qualifications are not good, if I go on the test, I don't know when I will be. Yue, forget it! It's not bad to be an accountant or something, and it's also good to have a child and take care of the family..." The main reason is that he can't afford it, his family used to be considered a wealthy family, but after a drought, It is not bad that a person can survive, and his family background is naturally almost defeated. Moreover, he is indeed average in aptitude, and the imperial examinations cost too much money. If he continues to go on, it is simply a bottomless pit.

So, forget it. Without Du Rulin, Liu Tai looked like he was going to inherit the family business. He didn't have the energy to fight alone. He could just stay in the town and become an accountant.

Su Nuan didn't force it, but smiled bitterly, "It's good, it's right not to leave, if you leave, you may regret it for the rest of your life."

Neither of Liu Tai said a word.

"Farewell." Su Nuan handed over.

"Take care all the way." Liu Tai and Qiu You also bowed.