Chapter 54

It was not until in the small restaurant that Du Qingchen shut up and did not continue to talk about his shortcomings. Su Dong was dizzy when he heard it. Do Du Qingchen have so many shortcomings? no! It must be Du Qingchen being too strict with himself, he is already very good! Su Dong finally came to a conclusion.

"Boss?" Du Youcai looked at Du Qingchen in confusion, didn't he say that the boss went home? Why did it come suddenly.

"It's okay, Su Dong can't worry about the pig, so I stopped by to have

a look." Du Youcai finally understood and laughed, "Don't worry! I will take good care of the braised pork, don't worry!"

When was this name recognized? Du Qingchen sighed and didn't care, Su Dong had already entered the backyard to see if his braised pork was hungry and if the pigsty had been cleaned.

Du Qingchen simply went to the kitchen for a walk, Du Youcai did a good job of cleaning up, and Du Qingchen was quite satisfied. Du Youcai met Du Qingchen and simply took the account book to report to Du Qingchen. The small restaurant was given to him by Du Qingchen. In order to make it easier for him to settle accounts, Du Qingchen also specially taught him Arabic numerals. Not only him, but Du Fugui and other guys also learned a little bit. There is no need to learn multiplication and division, only simple addition and subtraction. Algorithms are fine, and they are fairly easy to teach.

Du Youcai handed the ledger to Du Qingchen to see, "Boss, take a look, this is the ledger for the past few days, see if there is any problem." Du Youcai smiled.

Although Du Qingchen didn't care about the small restaurant recently, Du Youcai didn't keep it privately and was secretly greedy for money. First, he knew that Du Qingchen was a smart person, and he could not be fooled by ordinary people. Du Youcai still learned from Du Qingchen's bookkeeping. Second, Du Youcai believes that he is deeply trusted by Du Qingchen, and everyone is from the same country. If he tore his face for a little money, he will not be beaten to death by his father when he returns home. Furthermore, Du Qingchen's business is getting bigger and bigger. Today Can you give him a small restaurant, what about tomorrow? Will he be the head chef of a restaurant like Du Fugui? Even in charge of a restaurant? !

How can you give up a great future for a little money! Du Youcai thought very clearly, so he did not covet this petty profit.

Du Qingchen looked at the ledger carefully, and asked some more questions. Du Youcai answered them very well, and there were no loopholes.

Du Qingchen nodded and returned the ledger to Du Youcai, "It's good, keep it up, maybe there will be a bigger restaurant for you in the future."

Du Qingchen smiled, he didn't care that his subordinates were greedy for a little money, As long as it is not excessive, you must know that when the water is clear, there will be no fish, but Du Youcai is really not greedy for money, which makes him feel satisfied with the simplicity of the countryman and the wisdom of this person.

Su Dong had already returned, Du Youcai knew that braised pork was Su Dong's apex, and he naturally took good care of it, so that Du Qingchen would not feel that he was incapable of doing things because of such a trivial matter.

Du Qingchen encouraged him a few words, and then carefully instructed him to practice swordsmanship. After Du Youcai agreed, Du Qingchen and Su Dong left the restaurant and went home.

At home, Father Du has washed and cut the remaining vegetables in the house, and also took Du Qingchen's new sesame paste. Because Su Dong is allergic to peanuts, the Du family has no peanuts now. The soup pot was gone, and Father Du smashed the garlic paste and put it aside for later use. As soon as Du Qingchen entered the house, he started to cut the mutton, and the whole family, except Du Rulin, all started to help.

Du Rulin watched from the side and wanted to do me a favor, but Father Du refused.

Du Rulin had no choice but to go to the main room to watch the fire. The mandarin duck pot was already bubbling. Du Rulin quickly took the green onions, ginger slices, cornel, and the like, and threw them in, watching them roll up and down with the hot water.

After Du Qingchen cut a plate of meat, the other dishes had been washed and finished, Du Qingchen said, "You guys go eat first! I'll go after cutting the rest."

What Su Dong wanted to say, Du Qingchen chuckled, "There is only one knife, you can't help if you stay, go inside and eat first! Come, bring this plate of mutton over, and put the mutton first, so that the soup will be more flavorful. "

Su Dong had no choice but to nod, and entered the main room with Father Du, and started to eat hot pot. In the main room, it was very hot, and the room was full of laughter. Du Qingchen lowered his head and cut meat in the kitchen. He was not in a hurry. He cut it carefully, he was a cook after all, he instructed Du Youcai to practice knife skills, why didn't he tell him himself? What you can't do, just learn it! Such as knife work, such as writing.

Du Qingchen was not afraid of being slow, and tried his best to cut the mutton thinly. Su Dong brought the mutton slices mixed with sesame sauce over, and took a chopstick and fed it to Du Qingchen. Du Qingchen subconsciously opened his mouth to accept it. smiling.

"Go back quickly! I'll finish cutting it soon." Du Qingchen said.

"It's okay, I'm eating!" Su Dong didn't care that Du Qingchen had just used the chopsticks, and put a chopstick in his mouth, "Well, it's delicious!

" He cut it seriously. Su Dong fed Du Qingchen while eating by himself. Soon, the bowl was gone. Su Dong went out and fetched a small bowl. This time there were vegetables, and they were fed to Du Qingchen as usual. .

Du Qingchen finally finished cutting the mutton, took the plate and went to the main room. In the room, Du Rulin stood up with the bowl and called out, brother, the Confucian robe that was originally dressed was now also disheveled, the sleeves were rolled up, and the collar was crooked, Du Qingchen said: "Go and change and come over to eat."

Du Rulin looked down at himself, ashamed, quickly put down the tableware and trotted into the house, changed into the bunts he usually wears in the village, and then came out to continue eating.

"These days, how are you in the provincial capital? How has the Tao family treated you? What grievances have you suffered?" After Du Qingchen sat down, he picked up his chopsticks to eat, and by the way, he talked to Du Rulin, and asked a bunch of questions.

"I didn't feel wronged, Tao Taishou didn't care about us at first. He only cared about Liu Tai, but it was right. After all, only Liu Tai was the son of his friend, and we just took it by the way. Tao Taishou didn't pay attention. We are also normal, but our food and clothing are the same as Liu Tai, and the servants do not hold high and step down, it is because of the care of the second son of Tao."

Du Qingchen nodded, that's fine.

Du Rulin continued: "We just lived together in a courtyard in the Tao Mansion until the exam was over, and when the results were released, the Tao Mansion held a banquet, and later we found out that it was Tao Taishou who entertained Tong Sheng as usual. With the examiners who are taking the exam, they have to write poems and fight essays at the banquet, and at the end they have to recite the list of exams."

Du Qingchen frowned slightly, "Then do you know how to write poetry?" Banquet, I'm afraid it will lose face.

"Not very good, but Qiu You said that we don't make a sound and don't cause trouble. It's enough to be transparent. Besides, others don't pay much attention to us, so it's okay, but when the end is about to end, Liu Tai goes up to do it. He has written poetry, and it has been praised by others. One of the examiners is full of praise for Liu Tai."

"He can write poetry? Isn't he younger than you?"

"Yeah! But Liu Tai is different. He is talented. Zhuojue loves poetry very much, because his father is the master, so he opened his door very early. In truth, he opened his door earlier than all of us. Originally, Qiu You said that we don't make trouble and don't say anything, but Liu Tai is very good. I really couldn't hold back the poems, so I went to fight the poems, and Tao Taishou praised him, so I'm very happy."

Du Qingchen nodded, "It should be, Liu Tai is the son of Tao Taishou's friend, he is in the limelight, What has increased is Tao Taishou's face, he is naturally happy, but what Qiu You said is also very right, you have no foundation, compared to those officials' children who are only poor people, such a place, even if there are good poems, should not emerge. "

But Liu Tai has already made his mark! And he has gained a reputation. In fact, I can also write... It's just not as good as Liu Tai's." Du Rulin lowered his head.

Du Qingchen's expression turned cold, "Ru Lin, do you know what is arrogant? Mu Xiu will be destroyed by Lin Feng?"

"Then Liu Tai will be fine..."

"Liu Tai is the son of Tao Taishou's friend, and he has benefited from it. The advantage of Tao Taishou, he is half a foot in their circle, but what about you? If you write a good poem on the spot and get praise from everyone, Tao Taishou may not be so happy, maybe he thinks you are arrogant and proud. It's frivolous. It's the children of other officials, who were somehow crushed by a poor boy with no background, and not everyone will really appreciate it."

Du Rulin was silent, he felt that what Du Qingchen said made sense, but he was wrong.

Du Qingchen saw that Du Rulin seemed to be pondering, as if he knew that he was thinking wrong, and then gently broke the explanation, "Rulin, have you thought about the purpose of this banquet?

" It's hard work, but it's only a celebration of the end of the election, and Han County has a pillar again." These are the original words of Tao Taishou, Du Rulin still remembers.

Du Qingchen shook his head, "This is just the surface, Tao Taishou invited the chief examiners to a banquet, and even invited other officials of Han County and their families, as well as reference students, you say, in what capacity did he invite?"

"Han County Prefect! "Du Rulin said blankly, isn't it?

"Yes, but he invited him as the master of Han County. It seems that those chief examiners, who are selected for the country's examinations, are all serving him. He is the master, so he has to console others."

Du Rulin was surprised by Zhang Da . He opened his mouth like a dick, and instantly understood something, but he had more doubts.

"Then let me ask you again, what do you think those people who attended the banquet were thinking? What's the purpose?"

"I..." Du Rulin didn't think they had any purpose, it was just a lively banquet, is there any problem? But since his brother said it, there must be a problem!

Du Qingchen said: "Others must also know Tao Taishou's thoughts, so everyone who appeared at that banquet was all under the orders of Tao Taishou and attached to the Tao family. The banquet also has its own plan to make a name for itself. If you win, you can hear the news at the banquet, and the congratulations from others will be heard, wouldn't you be happy?! Of course, it is not only the reference students who are happy, so there are also fighting essays and poems. , to give the talented officials and children next to them a chance to show their faces. Therefore, the reason why these people come here is to show their position on the line, and the second is to make a name for themselves. Think about it, on such an occasion, If you come out..."

"Brother, I was wrong!" Du Rulin lowered his head, first, he was just a little boy, and he was able to enter the banquet by chance, and he was not a follower of Tao Taishou at all, and second, he was next to him. The official's children are waiting for the place to come forward. If he steals the limelight, Tao Taishou may not be happy, and others will not be happy. If he does, he is really what his brother said, and he will be frivolous and superficial.

"But... when I read the name later, I was still the first name!" Du Rulin muttered, although he didn't make a poem, others still noticed him later.

"It's okay, you can't control the matter of reciting your name in the exam! It's okay for others to feel jealous and sour, and you can grab such a reputation! Even Prefect Tao will give you a high look. "

Brother, Tao Taishou is really like this! He looked at me for a long time, smiling and nodding all the time. I lived in Tao Mansion for so long, and his eyes almost never landed on me. It was the first time!" Du Rulin's eyes As soon as it lit up, he said quickly.

"Looks like he finally noticed you." Du Qingchen's tone was strange, whether it was sad or happy.

Du Rulin was immersed in joy, but he didn't realize it, and quickly said: "Actually, I'm not the one from Mu Xiu Yulin, Liu Tai is the second, Qiu You is the third, and Qiu Jin is also a dozen or so. The four of us have all been hit, and the attention of others is not on us, but on our master, and this time, when they come back, those people only have a whole box of greeting cards for Master Liu."

Du Qingchen: ...

"I think... Master Liu should not like this kind of fame." Du Qingchen said with difficulty.

Like Master Liu, an upright scholar who is willing to stay in a rural town to teach despite the fact that he has the prefect of Han County as a friend will never be moved by these things, and he will only feel troubled and tired.

"Really, Brother Ye, you guessed it right! When I came back, Master Liu was shouting in the private school that he wanted to send us back the servants of the Tao family, and then take those post gifts back, he doesn't want it!" It

really looks like him! Du Qingchen thought to himself, but in this way, those people will only think that Master Liu is mighty and unyielding, rich and not promiscuous, and even a sage who lives in seclusion in the countryside, and values ​​him more.

It feels like this town will soon be lively again! Du Qingchen shook his head amusingly, as if he had imagined the appearance of Master Liu's fried hair, when he went back, let's make a braised pork! First, it can be eaten for Su Dong, and second, it can also be given to Master Liu to comfort him in advance. After all, trouble will follow in the days to come.

Su Dong didn't understand half of what he heard. Father Du simply ate with his head down. Anyway, he didn't understand at all.

After the hot pot was finished, Du Rulin helped to clean up the dishes. In the kitchen, Du Qingchen sent Su Dong away, and then said to Du Rulin: "Liu Tai is pure and sincere in nature, don't be jealous of him, you have a good friend in life. It's not easy, it's hard to make real good friends when you grow up, you have to cherish your friendship with him."

Du Rulin stared at Du Qingchen in surprise and resentment, and quickly explained, "I'm not! I'm not jealous of him, I know I'm wrong, but I'm not jealous when I think wrong, I just want to fight poetry, and I'm not jealous of Liu. Taiwan! I just want to be like him!"

Du Qingchen shrugged, "Okay! I think too much."

"I know! I know from the moment I know him! Liu Tai is talented, although he is naturally playful, But my studies are still superb. I am an ordinary person, but I have a little understanding in writing articles, so I learn faster than others. Qiu You is a person who studies hard and relies on the word diligence. Between us, there is talent. The gap, I have never hated each other."

Du Qingchen nodded, indicating that he understood.

Seeing Du Qingchen like this, Du Rulin muttered again, "You really understand."

...

After cleaning up the kitchen, the sky darkened, Du Qingchen returned to the room, and saw Su Dong lighting the oil lamp and still making winter clothes. Du Qingchen walked up to Su Dong and chuckled, "Brother Dong is really interesting to make winter clothes."

Su Dong raised his head and gave Du Qingchen a blank look, but continued to do his own thing without saying a word.

"It's getting dark, be careful if you've been doing it for a long time, it hurts your eyes, rest!" Du Qingchen advised.

Su Dong sighed secretly, "But, I want to make two sets of winter clothes for Dad and Rulin, their clothes are too tattered, they really can't wear them, and you can't wear them either. Do it!" Before the weather completely cooled down, he had to make six sets of winter clothes, which was still a lot of work.

Du Qingchen pondered, "Can't you go to the ready-to-wear shop in the town to buy it?"

Su Dong gave Du Qingchen a blank look again, "Who has a husband who still goes to the town to buy clothes to wear? Let people know, don't make a joke. ." If the family married a wife, no one would go to the town to buy clothes, otherwise, they would be laughed at.

Du Qingchen scratched his head, "You don't lack this money, why is this! Or, go to the county town to buy it? Well, the clothes over there are better, by the way! Just go to the county town to buy it! Others don't know about it."

"Why waste it? That money?!" Su Dong is used to being frugal, and his family has never worn the clothes he bought before. The ready-to-wear shops in the town have always been prepared for people like the Du family who have no brothers or daughters in the family, or else Make some quilts and collect some embroidery to sell to the county or merchants.

"There is no shortage of this money, and it's not like you haven't seen it, how much is the daily flow of water on the counter, and a lot of money!" Du Qingchen said with a smile.

Su Dong paused for a while. He never thought that the Du family could make a fortune so quickly. How long has it been since he got married, the Du family has changed from the previous state of eating chaff and making a living hard to what it is now. Now, the shop at home can earn about a tael of silver every day. The uncle who was only spending money to go to a private school suddenly passed the test of Tongsheng, and maybe he will be a scholar next year.

The speed at which the Du family turned over made them well prepared. Su Dong, who had endured hardships with Du Qingchen, couldn't adapt for a while. Now he doesn't even need to make the clothes at home, so he can go directly to the county to buy them.

Too extravagant... Su Dong thought to himself, but compared to the money Du Qingchen earns, it doesn't seem to be anything.

"What do you want to eat, what you want to wear, and what you want to use, I can afford it, and I can buy it for Brother Dong. Where do you need to do the work yourself? I've always told you, you and me You don't have to be so tired, but you still raise pigs for a while, and make clothes for a while, and you don't have a moment to spare."

That can't be said, no matter how rich the family is, he has to take care of it! It's not a family with maids and servants, you always have to do things yourself! Su Dong looked disapproving, so the clothes must be done, and the housework must be done! As for the pig... Compared with the profit of the restaurant, it seems that it does not make much money. Su Dong lowered his head.

"So, rest early! I'll take a look at the restaurant tomorrow. If there's nothing wrong, I'll take you to the county town to buy ready-to-wear clothes."

"But if Dad and Rulin don't go, how do you know if it's a good fit? Besides, Dad is sure I'll blame you, saying you wasted money."

"Then don't tell him, we only buy two of us, so you can make two less clothes."

Su Dong thought for a while, then nodded slowly .

"Just in time, buy some more paper, ink, pen and inkstone for Ru Lin, he's running out of it, and also, buy some rare things like bacon and ham, which are rarely sold in the town, and send them to parents. Some, let's keep some for ourselves." Du Qingchen had a good plan.

Seeing that Du Qingchen was still thinking about his parents when he went to the county, Su Dong couldn't help feeling happy, nodded lightly, and agreed softly.

Du Qingchen couldn't help raising his arms and wrapping his arms around Su Dong's shoulders when he heard the answer that seemed to carry a small hook. Now that the new house has been built, Dad and Du Rulin live in a new house quite far away, so they shouldn't be able to hear it. What, Du Qingchen leaned over and said softly: "Brother Dong, it's getting dark, get some rest early!"

Su Dong noticed that Du Qingchen's eyes were bright, staring at him with deep meaning, he couldn't help lowering his head, his ears It was a little red, but he put down the needle and thread in his hand and gave a soft hum.