Chapter 95

Liu Tai is still quite confident. In addition, he doesn't value rankings that much. His father is even confused whether he wants him to pass the exam or not. He has no pressure at all, so among the few people present, he is the only one. Calm down.

Qiu You was helpless, so he had to stand steadily and wait for Du Qingchen to come out and tell them the ranking.

"It's posted!" The official stepped down on the stool, and the crowd instantly roared.

"Quiet!" The officer roared, stopping everyone who wanted to step forward. Du Qingchen hurriedly looked at the first place. Master Liu always said that Du Rulin could pass the exam. If he performed well, he would even get a good ranking. Starting from the best, Du Qingchen saw the words 'Du Rulin in Pingxing County' at first glance, his eyes lit up, he raised his hand and grabbed Father Du's arm.

"Father, Ru Lin is the top winner, he won!" Du Qingchen said in surprise, he knew that Du Rulin could pass the exam, but he didn't expect such a good grade. Counting this time, Ru Lin also won two top titles! If you come back again, it will be a small three yuan, which is amazing.

Of course, Du Qingchen knows that juren is not so easy to take the test, let alone the first name. When he becomes a juren, he can be qualified as a junior official, and he can be regarded as a state civil servant. , well, look at him!

Du Qingchen was very proud. Father Du was looking for Du Rulin's name from the end when he heard Du Qingchen's words and looked up to the top. He saw that his son's name was indeed hanging on it, and his tears were about to roll down.

"Father! There are a lot of people here, you go out first! By the way, tell Ru Lin, don't let him worry." Du Qingchen then advised.

Father Du raised his sleeves, wiped his face, and agreed. There were many people pushing forward, but few people retreating. Therefore, Father Du wanted to quit, but it was very difficult for a while, and he could only continue to be squeezed in front. , Don't be afraid, Du Qingchen has no choice but to protect Du's father and continue to look for other people's names.

"Liu Tai is the third, Qiu You the seventh, these three people are too..." It's amazing! Du Qingchen laughed, such a good ranking can be said to be honorable. I think Liu Tai and Qiu You are also satisfied, but I don't know what they think of Du Rulin's first place in the test. If there is a rift, it's not good.

Du Qingchen suppressed his thoughts and continued to look for Qiu Jin's name, but this time it was difficult. There were many people on the list. Du Qingchen swept it three or four times in a row, but he didn't see Qiu Jin's shadow, not even the word Pingxing County. There was no more, Du Qingchen's expression faded, four people came to take the exam, and three of them passed the exam, one of whom was still the top one, but Qiu Jin didn't make it on the list. .

Du Qingchen sighed, probably from a poor family since he was a child, Qiu Jin was thin and introverted, and it was only after following them that this year, he gradually grew some flesh, and he looked more lively. Reading in town.

Behind him, those who looked at the list and found their names had already rushed back to report the letter, or had withdrawn from the crowd. Only then could Du Qingchen pull Du's father out. Outside, when Du Rulin saw his brother and his father come out, he couldn't help but take a step forward. He glanced at it, and his footsteps stopped immediately, to be steady, my brother said, to keep the emotions and anger out of the picture, and no matter how anxious you are, you can't show it.

This is mind training! Du Rulin stood calmly on the spot, staring at Du Qingchen walking slowly.

Du Qingchen came over, patted Qiu Jin on the shoulder, and shook his head slightly. Qiu Jin was expecting a little, but when he saw this, he instantly dimmed and lowered his head. The other three didn't say anything, but seemed to comfort him. patted him on the back.

After a long time, Qiu Jin raised his head and forced a smile, "Actually, I know I'm not good enough, but I have failed Brother Du and Brother Su for taking care of him this year."

To be honest, Du Qingchen and Su Junxia really didn't take care of him very much. Food, housing, living, and buying pens, ink, paper, and inkstones are just casual, and they are nothing to them. I can't imagine that the first thing this child thinks about when he fails the exam is not himself, but disappointing them.

Du Qingchen sighed, "No hurry, you are still young, look at these candidates, many of them have gray hair, no matter how bad you are, you will definitely succeed next year and the year after, when that time comes, we will give you a drink to celebrate !"

Qiu Jin smiled and seemed to be more confident. Although he was not as good as Du Rulin, he was still slightly stronger than ordinary people. Jin nodded heavily, secretly making up his mind to come back next year.

"What about us?" Liu Tai asked. He had the least pressure and didn't need to hone his character, so he asked directly.

"Liu Tai is third, Qiu You is seventh." Du Qingchen said it directly. Seeing Qiu You breathed a sigh of relief, he seemed very satisfied with his ranking. Liu Tai thought about it and nodded, looking satisfied too.

Du Rulin continued to look at his brother, Du Qingchen suddenly laughed, "Rulin's first name."

"It's the first name again!" Liu Tai was shocked, the first name of Tongsheng was nothing, and the first name of Xiucai was a bit interesting. If there is another one, it is a small three yuan! Liu Tai grabbed Du Rulin's arm in surprise and shook it, "Congratulations! Rulin is worthy of being Rulin, and doing strategy theory is a must!"

Du Rulin is not good at poetry, but he is very perceptive and very good at writing articles.

"Congratulations!" Qiu You and Qiu Jin were also startled, and Qiu You said, "I heard that you went to visit Mr. Min, and it seems to be useful." He really wanted to go! It's a pity that Du Rulin took the recipe from his family and gave up such a valuable thing to see Elder Min. He couldn't be cheeky and could only envy him secretly.

Du Qingchen carefully observed other people's expressions. Liu Tai really didn't care. He didn't even care about his own ranking. Sometimes Du Qingchen even thought that Liu Tai just wanted to take the exam and return to his hometown like Master Liu. Going to teach, but it doesn't look like it, young man, who doesn't have the ambition to make a contribution? Perhaps, Liu Tai's ambition is to enter the Hanlin Academy, and then study poetry and prose with peace of mind!

Qiu You looked a little envious, but there was no jealousy. He seemed to always feel that he was inferior to Du Rulin in his studies, so Du Rulin was a few ranks higher than him, which seemed to be very acceptable. Qiu Jin was even simpler. He was simply envious, and then happy for Du Rulin. After all, he felt that he owed a lot to others, and he couldn't repay it, so how could he be jealous?

Du Qingchen calmed down, the young people's minds are pure, so good, I just hope that after they grow up and experience the darkness of this world, they can still keep their hearts.

Tao Xiude's ranking soon dropped, and he was a little above the middle, but he also passed the exam. After the exam, Tao Xiude's heart became alive again, and he went to inquire about the rankings of Du Rulin and several others.

"Du Rulin is the first place again! Okay." Tao Xiude nodded, secretly envious. Although he ranked high every time in the exam, he never won any first place, but this is not a big deal. The matter is just an empty name, and it has no meaning. In the end, it depends on the exam in the capital.

"Where's Liu Tai?" Tao Xiude still cared about the son of Master Liu's family.

"Liu Tai is third, Qiu You is seventh, and Qiu Jin is down." The servant replied.

Who is Qiu Jin? Tao Xiude didn't meet his face for a while, but that's all, he wouldn't care about a little thing, Tao Xiude smiled and got up, "Go, it's been so long, go out!" The

Du family restaurant was beaming at the moment. Ready for a discount, the boss's younger brother won the first prize as a scholar, isn't this worth celebrating? What a reason to be active! Will be able to attract passenger flow, small profits but quick turnover.

Of course, Du Qingchen had already told Du Rulin in private that the celebration was definitely not such a celebration. It was just an excuse to do business. The family would hold a banquet for him and Liu Tai and Qiu You, and by the way, invite all those who helped out. Please, their family members want to serve the table, and they have to send invitations to Tao Xiude. The Master Xia from Tao's house also wants to entertain. Old Min only sent a gift. As a thank you, Du Qingchen did not dare to post invitations. That's too self-righteous. Besides, even if I post a post, Mr. Min will not come to his small courtyard.

After hearing such words, Du Rulin hesitated and said, "Brother, there are only two people in Master Xia's family, do you want to invite them all over?"

"The other is Mrs. Xia?" Du Qingchen asked suspiciously.

"No, Mrs. Xia died a few years ago when there was an accident at home. Master Xia also had a son, a brother. When we went to Master Xia to study, he would bring us tea and water and prepare snacks. ."

Du Qingchen nodded, "That should be invited, as a thank you." I just don't know if he, a brother, would like to come to a stranger's house for a banquet, but I still have to invite him.

Tao Xiude went to the Du family restaurant for a meal, and received an invitation from Du Qingchen. Tao Xiude took the invitation and said, "This is a good feeling. I will definitely be there the day after tomorrow."

Du Qingchen smiled and nodded and asked: "Did you pass the exam?"

"Twenty-fifth." Tao Xiude said proudly.

Du Qingchen nodded silently with a smile on his face, "Congratulations, Mr. Tao." Tao

Xiude waved his hand, "What's there to congratulate, the ranking is so low."

Du Qingchen couldn't say anything, so he could only say: "I don't understand this. , I just think that the exam should be much more difficult than the Xiucai side, and even many people, with gray hair, have not yet crossed this step."

Tao Xiude also had lingering fears. He really saw a scholar with a white beard who came to take the exam in the examination room. Seeing his trembling walk, Tao Xiude even thought that he could not get out of the examination room, nor did he come out. Knowing this age, what else do you want.

In Min Mansion, the concierge received a gift from Du Rulin personally. Du Rulin was about to leave as before, but was stopped by the concierge, "Young Master Du, wait a moment, maybe the master will invite you."

Du Rulin then stopped and stood up . at the door.

The concierge hurriedly took the gift box and went straight to Min Anshi, and reported to Du Rulin that Mr. Du had won the first place in the exam, so the master must have wanted to see him.

Min Anshi listened to the report of the servant, but he didn't say anything for a long time, and said, "Let him go back first! You don't need to see him at this time, just tell him, to become famous when you are young, you need to guard against arrogance and impetuosity, you need to know that the world is vast, and you need to forge ahead. "

Master, are you still letting him come?" the porter asked. If this is reported to the past, what if Du Rulin consciously ends his relationship with Min Fu and never visits the door again? He could see that the master clearly liked this young man, and even wanted to accept him as a disciple.

Min Anshi smiled, "You just go, there are so many words."

"Isn't this the kindness of the master, so I dare to talk more?" The porter smiled, and hurriedly ordered to leave.

"Master?" The old butler was puzzled. Since Du Rulin had won the first place in the exam, why didn't he let anyone in? Accept him as an apprentice?

"Don't worry, how many famous teachers are there in this city?" Min Anshi smiled.

"There are no more than two or three people, and they all live in big families, but they can compare to one or two of the masters, I'm afraid there are none." The old butler bowed and answered.

"Accepting him at this time seems to me that I am very concerned about whether he can pass the test, so don't worry, he can't find a better teacher, only me. By the way, he not only passed the test, but also sent a thank you gift. , you also go there and send some congratulations, it's good to come and go."

"The old servant understands, so I will prepare the congratulations." The old servant saluted and retired.