Chapter 22

Father Du went to Sujia Village again the next day. This time, Father Su and Mother Su finally agreed to set a date. As soon as Su Dong's birthday passed, there was no reason. Second, the tiger skin dowry that was prepared has long been rumored in Shili Ba Village, which has attracted the envy of many people. There is light, and there is more joy, and they naturally agree.

When Father Du heard the words, he breathed a sigh of relief, grabbed Father Su's hand and said, "Brother Su! You agree, otherwise I don't know how to explain to Qingchen when I go back! He's waiting eagerly!"

Father Su also held Father Du's hand and said, "It's not that we don't want to agree! It's just that there are too many things to prepare at home, and the date before the birthday is not auspicious, so it's delayed until now! I'm also worried about your child's carelessness. , I don't want my brother!" The last sentence is very sincere, he is not as confident as Su's mother, he is really afraid of dragging things out, and the marriage finally ended, fortunately, everything went well .

"How could it be! My Qingchen is sincere to your Su Dong, what's that called... Once the love is so deep, how could he be willing to let it go? We are afraid that you will not bear to marry Su Dong!"

"Sange Du! It's all for the sake of the children. Well, why would I be reluctant! However, it's finally settled, we'll be married next month, and we've put down one of our worries."

"Who said no!" Father Du held Father Su's hand tightly, sighing with emotion road.

After Father Du came back, he told Du Qingchen about the matter. Du Qingchen was not happy to mention it, but when he thought about the environment at home, Du Qingchen hesitated again, "Father, I'm about to get married, but the house at home..."

The house where the Du family lived. Dilapidated, even in summer, it is dark and damp. I don't know how many years old it is. Anyway, Du Qingchen would rather live in the firewood room of the restaurant all year round than go home and live there. He didn't want Su Dong to live like this too. in the environment.

Du Qingchen sighed, "Father, I want to build two wooden houses first, one for marriage, and one for you and Rulin to live in. What do you think?

" It's gone." Father Du was dissatisfied, everyone in the village was like this, how could his family be special! Even if it is special, it has to be after making money! Now, asking for money everywhere is not the time to be particular.

Du Qingchen said: "Just build two rooms with wood first, not blue bricks. They can be built very quickly. Find some labor and buy some wood, and it will be finished in a few days. In the future, when our house is turned over to build a new house, it will not live. Use it as a firewood house."

"Why do you have to build a new house?" Du's father still muttered, Ru Lin was still waiting for school, Qing Chen still had to marry, and the family still had business to take care of, these were all important times.

"Father! It doesn't matter if the family affairs are a little rough. The house must be built first. I don't want Su Dong to live in a broken house with me." Du Qingchen was determined.

Father Du was helpless, "Come on! Then build two wooden houses first, and use them for other purposes in the future. Anyway, our family will build a new house after making money. Let's take a look at the firewood house and..."

"Study room! One is for Ru Lin to use as a study." Du Qingchen added.

Father Du nodded and found the use of another wooden house. In fact, he didn't want to live in a dark and cold dilapidated house at home. He was willing to live in a warm and bright new house, so he didn't refuse too much, see Du Qingchen Yes, he smiled with satisfaction.

...

In the private school, Master Liu thought that the matter of accepting the meal money would attract many people's dissatisfaction, and he had made a plan. If anyone had any objection, he would punish him for copying the persuasive study chapter and teach him to study and improve. reason.

"The ancients went to school and often suffered from hunger and cold. Whether they have achieved academic success or not is not a matter of whether the conditions are good or not. The reason why I want everyone to order and eat together is to save everyone's time for meals and squeeze more time. Come to Wenshu to study, and secondly, it also makes you understand the hardships of studying, you can't even endure this hardship, how can you talk about becoming an official in the imperial examinations and asking for orders for the people?!" Master Liu consciously spoke softly and taught in Dundun, he knew the private school There are many children in the family from good families. Whenever they eat, they either bring big fish and meat from the family, or go out and find a restaurant to solve it themselves. What he said is mainly to these people.

In the private school, according to Master Liu's opinion, except for the rich and poor students, everyone else would have no problem with ordering meals. After all, if you go out to buy meals, you will eat them, and Du Qingchen will also eat them when they bring them. big difference. The two especially poor ones are easy to say, he just needs to tell them privately that they don't need to pay, and the only possible thorns are the extremely rich ones.

Master Liu's attention has also been on the very wealthy group of people, only to see that their eyes are bright, completely different from the rejection he imagined, and even the thorn head raised his hands in cheers, "Master, We are especially willing to endure this hardship. Really, it was difficult for the ancients to study. We have read it when we were reading, and have always admired it. So, when do we pay for the meal? What does the Du family plan to give us to eat every day? "

You...will you?" Master Liu was stunned, this was different from what he imagined, he even thought about the book to be punished for copying.

"Yes! Why not?" I can finally eat Du's food every day! Must have fries and sugar water! Many classmates in their private school are looking forward to this day!

All right! If you want to do it, Master Liu has some regrets, and there is no chance to give them another lesson on persuasion.

However, it is also a good thing to collect the money smoothly. Only the two poor children bowed their heads and said nothing. After class, Master Liu called the two to his resting place, and then told them alone that they did not need to pay. matter.

The two children looked at Master Liu in surprise, "But... can you eat without paying?"

"Of course." Master Liu nodded contentedly, Du Qingchen was a student he taught, and now he has such kindness, he It is also proud, "The boss of the Du family said that he is willing to help poor students who are eager to learn. However, we scholars can't be kind without repaying them. You are young and unable to do anything, but you must also be grateful."

"Yes." The two of them lowered their hands and listened to the teaching.

"There is no need to spread this matter. The boss of the Du family said that he is afraid that it will hurt your face and only some people will know about it. Don't go out and talk nonsense, just treat it as if you paid the money yourself."

"He Don't you want a good reputation?" the student asked.

"He doesn't care about this, this is the virtue of a gentleman!" Master Liu sighed.

The two students were moved, and Qiu Jin said, "Even so, it can't be regarded as ignorant. The disciple wants to go to the Du family restaurant to express his gratitude."

"If you want to go, then go! The students I teach should be like this." Liu The master nodded approvingly.

"Yes!"

So, Du Qingchen saw two unfamiliar students who came together after class in the private school. They were wearing shabby clothes and even had patches on their clothes. Seeing Du Qingchen, he stood at the door and bowed to him. After giving a big gift, without waiting for Du Qingchen to say anything, he hurried away.

Father Du also saw this scene and looked at Du Qingchen strangely, "What are these two students doing? It's weird."

Du Qingchen understood in his heart, and there was a smile on the corner of his mouth, but he didn't explain it to Father Du, and said: "Maybe it's Ru Lin's classmate! I saw you, I knew it was an elder, so I said hello."

Father Du thought about it for a while, and felt the same way, but it was still very strange, "Then this ceremony is a bit big." Whoever will meet will bow!

"It's okay!" Du Qingchen smiled.

...

the provincial capital, the prefect's mansion.

Tao Taishou stroked his beard and handed a letter to his second son Tao Xiude, saying: "You must pass through Pingxing County when you return to your hometown to worship your ancestors this time. In the county, if you pass by, it is also a courtesy to go to see him now. Give this letter to him at that time."

"Yes, but I don't know who my father's classmates are? Why do you deliberately come to visit? Is it the local county magistrate?" Tao Xiude took the letter and said.

Tao Taishou shook his head, "It's not, it's just a good friend back then, I haven't seen each other for many years, since you are passing by, go and see it, isn't it an official body, and you don't want the friendship with the window?"

"Of course not, father, don't be angry. , my son is wrong." Tao Xiude immediately bowed his head.

Tao Taishou said: "In those days, my family was poor and I was often taken care of by him. Later, I had to be promoted. I wanted to ask him to be an official by my side, but he was arrogant and upright, so he was really not suitable for officialdom, so he had to give up. Now He is a master in Shashan Town, Pingxing County. You go to see him. It is also the etiquette of the younger generation, and it is also my wish to read him."

"Yes, my son remembers."

"He has a son, who used to have a son. It was rumored that he would come to the provincial capital to test Tongsheng, but it is rare for me to receive a letter from him." Tao Taishou smiled, "I think this child is doing well in his studies. It is rare for a person like him to speak. You should also go and see if it is good. Even though you are older than him, there is no age in the imperial examinations, so maybe when this kid grows up, he will be able to pass the examination as a scholar, even a jinshi, and you can take care of each other."

"Yes." Tao Xiude, who had already married and had children and will be out of the exam next year, nodded respectfully. Although he didn't think that a child from a master's family would have to take the exam, there was no need for a good friendship, but he understood that it was just him. Father's excuse, his father just wanted him to take care of the child more.

Either way! After all, he is his father's classmate, and he has taken care of his father many times. Now, he will take more care of him and come back.

As for making friends as peers... um... the age gap is too big, he is afraid that it is more appropriate to bring children. Tao Xiude thought to himself, but did not speak.

"When you get there, remember to invite this child to stay at home when he takes the exam, understand?"

"Yes, father, rest assured, the son will do things safely."

Tao Taishou nodded in satisfaction.

The author has something to say: Thank you~

Youyou Zimo threw 1 mine

reader "Youyou Zimo", irrigating nutrient solution +2

Momo Da~ Thank you little angel for the mine and nutrient solution~