Chapter 75

Du Qingchen finally bought the restaurant. Overall, although it is remote and the space is smaller, the price is indeed affordable and suitable for him, and he can't save money just to buy a shop. what! Du Qingchen finally made up his mind, but because he had been hesitating, the shop owner wiped off a fraction of the price for him, but it was a few taels cheaper.

Du Qingchen retrieved the chef who worked in this restaurant before. He originally wanted Su Junxia's brothers to come and help, run around the hall or something, but Su Junxia wanted to go out to buy goods. The Tao's customer wanted Su Junxia to lead the business Team, so, Su Junxia not only wants to go far, but also takes all his brothers away, the chaos outside is terrible, one more person also has more strength to protect himself, can deter Xiaoxiao, Du Qingchen also did not say this, Also used the guy from the restaurant before.

The new store opened quietly. To outsiders, although the owner of the store has changed, the chefs are still the same group of people. Nothing has changed, but there are only a few more dishes that can be ordered.

Master Liu sat at the table, raised his glass, and sighed secretly, thinking that he was not in the right place.

Du Qingchen took the plate and put it on Master Liu's table, and sat down himself. Now that the cook in the back kitchen has already learned the dishes he taught, he doesn't have to stare at it all the time. Feel free to be a treasurer.

"Master, after returning from Tao's house, you seem to have something on your mind?" Du Qingchen said with a smile, holding a few peanuts in his hand.

Master Liu rolled his eyes at him, "What do you know!"

"Why don't I understand? Why don't I make a guess, but I'm worried about Prefect Tao?" Master Liu sighed all day long after returning from Tao Mansion. There was no need to do anything at all. To guess, Du Qingchen asked: "What's the matter with Tao Taishou?"

Liu Fuzi was stunned for a moment, surprised that Du Qingchen had guessed his thoughts, and then quickly reacted. This is actually a good guess, and it is not surprising. .

Master Liu looked around for a week, it wasn't dinner time, there weren't many guests, and no one paid any attention to them, so he sighed and shook his head, "It's nothing, maybe it's just me thinking too much, I've been at his house for a few days, I saw that he was walking on thin ice everywhere and was cautious, I asked him a question, and he chatted with me and talked about his hard work."

Master Liu was reluctant to say more, although Du Qingchen was his disciple, he could Trust Du Qingchen, but it is related to Tao Taishou, and he can't tell others what Tao Taishou chatted with him, so what happened to him.

He couldn't tell Du Qingchen that this drought turned out to be a good opportunity for others in the DPRK and China to attack the Tao family, so Han County's relief food was not distributed for a long time, and it was these people who suppressed it. At this moment, it is my duty to provide relief, but if there is a little mistake, both the Tao and the imperial envoy will be held accountable.

Du Qingchen didn't go into the details, but said: "Master, don't worry! Prefect Tao has been invading the officialdom for decades. He must know how to avoid danger. What he told you may only be when he was tired and powerless. See you again. It's not that he really can't afford the weak side, so don't worry too much."

Although Du Qingchen doesn't know what happened to the Tao family, he can roughly guess a little, and it must be related to disaster relief. . Since ancient times, officials in disaster relief, if something goes wrong, and the lives of the people are ruined, it is a very serious sin, and it is even possible to raid the family and destroy the family. It is natural that Tao Taishou is under too much pressure.

Master Liu continued to sigh, "I hope so!"

After a few days, Su Junxia also came back from out of town, bringing gifts and small bags to the Du family's house, "This is for your husband, this is for your husband. It's for your father, this is for your little brother, this is for you." Su Junxia took things out of the package one by one and put them out, which soon filled the table.

Du Qingchen was helpless, "Are you going for business or to play! You also brought so many specialties." Du Qingchen opened one of the paper bags, and there was dried powder inside, saying that it was a local medicinal material that was dried in the sun. The ground powder can be used to make tea, and the locals say it can strengthen the body.

"Oh, yes, this is for you. The sugar I brought back is said to be hot last year. The sugar from the sugar cane is much sweeter than previous years, and the quality is good. I bought a lot of sugar this time. Anyway, the sugar is also You can leave it alone, don't be afraid to let it go."

Du Qingchen opened it and looked at it, "Why are there so many impurities?" The sugar he used in the kitchen on weekdays was bad enough, but looking at it now, the so-called good-looking sugar is not good either. How much! "It's pretty good! Mr. Tao also specifically asked me to buy more. After all, good candy is rare." Su Junxia

retorted: "It's the same as you've seen better candy."

I have seen better sugar than this. When he was cooking in the town before, the sugar he used was indeed not as good as this, but at that time he only thought that it was because there were no good things in the countryside, so he reluctantly It's accommodating, but now it seems that there is no way to purify white sugar in this world! Doesn't it mean that adding a spoonful of yellow mud water can purify white sugar? Why is it still so red and gray?

Du Qingchen doesn't remember clearly, but he vaguely remembers something like this. It's actually very easy to say that it is easy to purify sucrose, but the ancients pierced that layer of window paper very late. It's actually very simple. Muddy water is still lime, or milk or something, he forgot, but this can be tried slowly.

Du Qingchen said, "How much candy did you buy back?"

Su Junxia pouted, "It's quite a lot, sell it slowly, don't worry."

"Then can I buy some? I'll buy more." Slow experiment, who knows if it will work! Besides, the sweet dishes like braised pork in his restaurant also use sugar!

"If you want to buy it, just buy it. I'll have someone send it to the restaurant as much as you want. Let's talk about it first, no discount!" Su Junxia said. It is because Du Qingchen buys a lot and is a big customer, so he can't afford this discount. That's a lot of money, so it must not be discounted! It would be fine if Du Qingchen wanted less.

Du Qingchen was accustomed to Su Junxia's straightforward style of painting, and didn't care, he said with a smile, "Okay! Actually, I'm not only doing cooking, but I also want to study how to purify sugar. Have you ever seen sugar that is as white as salt? " No.

"

"If I do, I'll let you meet." Du Qingchen laughed.

"Okay." Su Junxia nodded indifferently.

Du Qingchen sighed, "If I do, do you really plan to just meet?"

"Then, why don't you try it too?" My brother, he helped to test the poison if it was a big deal! He has always been so loyal.

"You have a shop! I only have a restaurant, you can sell white sugar but I can't! Don't you think about doing a business with me?!"

Du Qingchen was helpless, he was 90% sure that he could purify white sugar, but he also had to Sales can only be realized, isn't Su Junxia the best candidate? ! But Su Junxia doesn't seem to realize this at all. He has been a businessman for so long, and the sensitivity of a businessman has not yet been cultivated! Is it really okay to go on like this? Can the disciple of the Tao family really be willing to live under Su Junxia all the time? Affiliated families of the Tao family can be surnamed Su or others!

"That's right! Well, if you bring it up, I'll help you sell it!" Su Junxia's eyes lit up and he said quickly.

"Okay, okay! I'll talk about it when I can purify it." Du Qingchen waved his hand.

On the same day, Du Qingchen took sucrose and groped for purification in the house. Su Dong sat on the tiger-skin mattress on the ground and watched curiously. Purifying sucrose was easier than Du Qingchen imagined. I figured out a way. It really is enough to go down with a spoonful of yellow muddy water. The hoarfrost left on the upper layer of the funnel is white sugar.

Su Dong's eyes lit up, "It's done!"

"Yes." Du Qingchen also laughed, and he still couldn't believe it, "It's too easy." Du Qingchen vaguely remembered that there was a way to add egg whites to sugar, but he forgot what it was for, but Don't worry, he can try again later.

"It's amazing!" Su Dong said in surprise. "How do you know that you can make white sugar by adding yellow muddy water?"

Du Qingchen was stunned for a moment, then thought for a moment: "You forgot, I gave you a small cloth bag with cane sugar for you to eat."

Su Dong blushed, of course he remembered that it was the first time he and Du Qingchen met, and as a result Du Qingchen stuffed him with a bag of sucrose.

"That's why! I have sugar in my house! Once it rained, the muddy water from the eaves dripped into the sugar bowl. As a result, I found out that there was white sugar in it, and then I knew it." Du Qingchen was secretly nervous, and he really understood what he knew. It is unknown to others, so he must be more careful in the future. He has shown his cooking talent in front of Father Du. Father Du believes that he has a unique ability to cook, so he comes up with some fresh dishes. At that time, they didn't have any doubts, they just thought he figured it out, but sugar making and even other things are difficult to explain.

His personality is definitely not the same as the original one. Father Du is easy to coax, but Du Rulin is getting smarter and smarter. He is not as stupid as before. I'm afraid he will be more difficult to coax. , Du Rulin was only a child who would depend on his family, and it was only after more than a year that he gradually thought independently and had his own responsibilities.

And Su Dong, he only met later, so no matter what he does, Su Dong will not feel that he is different from the original body, just normal doubts. Fortunately, this question was asked by Su Dong. If it was Du Rulin, he was only afraid of what would be revealed when he was nervous.

Su Dong tilted his head and thought, "But, why do you put the sugar bowl under the eaves on a rainy day?"

Why do you think so much! Du Qingchen frowned and thought slowly: "Actually, it's because of the rain leaking in the house, and then dripping into the sugar, I'm embarrassed to tell you that my family used to be poor, and even the kitchen was leaking, so I said The eaves."

Su Dong couldn't bear it, and quickly leaned over and hugged Du Qingchen, "I'm sorry, it's my fault, I won't ask."

"It's all right, just ask me if you have any questions! Don't hold back." To prevent him from being questioned in the future, but temporarily unable to come up with an excuse, this can also be considered to help him find out the omissions and fill in the gaps. Du Qingchen thought to himself.

But what about adding egg whites to sugar water? He doesn't seem to have come up with it by himself. He has to think of a way to let his family discover it by accident. In this way, he can't say that he came up with it himself! He won't be too conspicuous.

The simple method of using sucrose to purify white sugar made Du Qingchen a little worried about leaking too quickly. After thinking about it for a few days, Du Qingchen still went to Su Junxia. If he didn't even believe Su Junxia, ​​he really had nothing to trust. of people.

"What? This thing is sugar? Did you really come up with a way to purify sugar?!" In the

room, only he and Su Junxia, ​​Du Qingchen took out the sugar to show Su Junxia, ​​Su Junxia was surprised, got up quickly, almost Duo took away the cloth bag in Du Qingchen's hand, squeezed a pinch, put it in his mouth and sipped, it was actually much sweeter than the sucrose he bought, and there was no impurities.

"How did you do it? Oh no! I shouldn't have asked, this is your recipe, so when are you going to recruit workers to make it? When can you sell it to me?" Su Junxia smiled.

"This method is too simple. I don't dare to recruit workers to make it. Otherwise, within three months, all the sugar producers in Han County will be able to do it." Du Qingchen sighed helplessly, "Boss Su, let's work together. Let's do a business! Only you and I are involved in this business. I will manage the production part. You are responsible for recruiting trusted people and preparing the venue. For example, these brothers who live in our family now, don't let me They have followed you to the caravan, I think they can come and help, as for the location, don't put it too far, just around the yard, it must be extremely concealed!"

Su Junxia was stunned, "As for it?"

"As for it!" Du Qingchen emphasized, "Only the most trusted people can come in and work, even if the output is small, it doesn't matter. We can sell at high prices and only sell to big families, and it will still not be less profitable. Besides, now Han County is suffering from disasters, and ordinary people's lives are difficult. , I don't know how to buy candy at all, so it's better to take the high-end route."

"What is the high-end route..." Su Junxia looked at a loss.

Du Qingchen waved his hand, and simply leaned into Su Junxia's ear and muttered the method of making sugar, but he explained it clearly in just a few words. Su Junxia's eyes widened in horror, "This method is so simple! You can tell others about it casually! Who wouldn't!

" Make sure nothing goes wrong. By the way, don't tell Mr. Tao from your family. If he asks you, you can say that you don't know the recipe. Only I know. I am responsible for providing you with white sugar, and you are responsible for selling it. Mixing is just a partnership."

"Are you going to hide it from him?" Su Junxia frowned.

"Of course I have to hide it from him! Boss Su, why do people keep the house for you! You are not afraid that people will have two hearts and want to squeeze you out, and take over these business shops yourself?! Even if the Tao family is short-term. I need your reputation and connections, but after a long time, that Mr. Tao can completely take over your connections? Why do you still take that 10% bonus? Do the affiliated families of the Tao family have to have your surname?!"

Su Junxia stopped talking. He sometimes feels this way, and he always feels that it doesn't matter if he has him or not.

"Make white sugar with me! As long as we can keep the recipe from leaking out, I promise to only do this business with you. If the Tao family is sorry for you, then they don't have to think about the white sugar business." Du Qingchen said confidently , he can see that the white sugar is very profitable, and I believe that the Tao family can understand it, and Su Junxia, ​​he explained more, and he can understand it too.

Su Junxia didn't think much, then nodded heavily, "Okay, I'll listen to you."