Chapter 51

Qiu You was also very flustered, but he was the oldest of the few friends, so he could only hold on at this time and said, "Let's try our best not to walk around or say anything, just watch what others are doing, and we will follow. Just do it, everyone, although this banquet has made us very flustered, it is also a good opportunity to learn, we can observe more polite words and deeds of others, and we can regulate ourselves in the future, so as not to be like this in the future."

Everyone heard the words, Silently nodded. This kind of thing will never happen again.

Qiu Jin was still nervous and speechless. Compared with Liu Tai, Du Rulin and Qiu You, his family background was even worse. He was even one of the two poor students that Du Qingchen had promised Liu Master to take care of. Suddenly, he had to face such a scene. He is only a teenager, how can he not tremble with nervousness.

Qiu You noticed Qiu Jin's stiffness, so he walked over and patted Qiu Jin's shoulder. Qiu Jin was from his same village and clan. , and whispered: "Don't be afraid, stand behind us when the time comes, and you can just follow what we do." Although they don't know if they can do it right.

Qiu Jin raised his hand and wiped his eyes, lowered his head, and said in a low voice, "Okay." The

four of them changed their clothes, followed their maids who were waiting outside the courtyard, and went all the way to the flower hall. De was the eldest son in the family at the moment, so he had to keep busy and didn't have time to take care of Liu Tai and the others, but sent Shutong to take care of them.

Outside the flower hall, the book boy finally waited for these people, then trotted over and said with a smile, "A few young masters are here, and the servants are waiting for you! The servants were sent by the second son to take care of them. You

Qiu breathed a sigh of relief. Fortunately, Tao Xiude still remembered that they didn't understand the rules here and sent someone to help.

The book boy has already said: "Several, the prefect and a few adults are sitting in the flower hall. A few people follow the other young masters in to meet and greet! When we meet, it is also to tell the master that you are here." I noticed that all the newcomers entered the flower hall, but they came out soon, and I knew that this was what the book boy said. A few people lingered at the door for a while, peeked at a few people and went in to salute. After seeing them come out, Just went in.

The four of them saluted according to what they had just learned secretly, and then stood up. After waiting for the most senior Tao Taishou to nod, they turned around and left, just like the group of people just now.

As expected, Prefect Tao just nodded and signaled that they could leave. Qiu You waited for a sigh of relief, and bowed again before retreating.

Outside the door, the book boy greeted him, "Several young masters, there is nothing to do after salute, you can just stroll around in the front yard, chat with the other sons and so on, the back yard is full of female relatives at the moment. Please don't stray in."

"Understood, what else is there?" Qiu Youxiang asked once and for all.

The book boy laughed, "The banquet will be held later, you can just find a place to sit down, and don't go to the tables close to the main table, that's where the adults are. Random." The

four nodded and were relieved, it sounded okay, not difficult.

The book boy continued: "After the banquet is over, there will be a garden tour. The adults will consider the knowledge of the young masters present. Of course, they are not forced

. Simple, the four of them were completely relieved.

"Today's banquet is the prefect to celebrate the end of the exam, and also to congratulate the chief examiner and other adults for their hard work, so at the end, the list of Tongsheng and Xiucai exams will come out, one will be pasted outside, and the candidates will be informed, the other , then read it out at the banquet, if someone's son brother wins, it will be glorious." Shutong said with a smile.

The hearts of the four were raised again in an instant, "Do you even have to read out the admission list for the Tongsheng exam?" Liu Tai said anxiously.

"Yeah! Don't panic, little son. The first thing to read is the list of scholars who passed the exam, and the last is the list of children's lives. Here, the slaves will congratulate several young masters in advance." The boy said with a smile.

"Thank you so much." Several people were nervous.

It's not good for the book boy to follow him. After all, in such a situation, the son next to him has no reason to bring an entourage. The book boy also stood in the corner with the Tao family servants from a distance. After paying attention to them, the four of them also found the back of the rockery and stayed silently by themselves.

After eating, when they were in the garden, the four of them stood on the edge, did not push forward, and did not rush to write poems to prove their talents. Besides, they were really not very good at writing poetry. After all, it is the person who takes the test of Tongsheng, how can he be compared with the talents of this yard? !

However, Liu Tai is different. Liu Tai Kaimeng is older than them, and he is quite talented in this area. He loves poetry very much. Although his knowledge is shallower than those of those people, he can occasionally say a few interesting simple poems. When he saw someone writing poems and fighting poems in front of him, he couldn't hold back his itch, but he still remembered what You Qiu said, he didn't want to come forward, he could only stand there and twist around, trying to suppress what he wanted to say. desire.

Taishou Tao stood in the center of the crowd, surrounded by several adults, among them the chief examiner, Tao Taishou smiled and said to one of the examiners surnamed Gao: "Today's banquet, it is better for Lord Gao to ask a question and let him These juniors write a poem or something."

Lord Gao did not refuse, he was also quite interested, looked around for a week, glanced at his youngest son, and said with a smile: "Let's take the school as the topic, you can recite your feelings to your heart's content, even if you are naughty and naughty."

Liu Tai heard the words, his eyes lit up, I will know this question!

Qiu You had already seen that Liu Tai was eager to try it. Master Gao's question was probably on Liu Tai's heart. He couldn't help but want to speak. Qiu You immediately raised his hand and pressed Liu Tai's shoulder.

Liu Tai was stunned for a moment, looked at Qiu You aggrieved, his feet rubbed and rubbed on the ground, can't he really open his mouth? He really wanted to stand up and say a few words. However, Master Liu had previously instructed him to listen to Qiu You's words, and Liu Tai could only sigh deeply.

Tao Taishou has known Liu Tai since these days. He knows that he is quite talented in writing poetry. The master in his house once praised Liu Tai in front of him, saying that Liu Tai is very talented and has a lot of aura.

Tao Taishou swept his eyes to Liu Tai and the others. Seeing that they were cautious in their words and deeds, with their heads bowed and without any sense of existence, he suddenly remembered his past. At the beginning, he was so shy, even making trouble Lots of jokes.

Liu Tai glanced at You Qiu pitifully again, but he really wanted to speak! He will do this!

Qiu You was unmoved. When you have fame and fame in the future, why do you have to show your face now? If it goes bad, it will be a joke in the future. Qiu You always seeks stability and is reluctant to do anything risky.

Liu Tai's feet rubbed on the ground again, looking a little restless, as if he was holding back what he wanted to say but couldn't. Tao Taishou saw that Liu Tai had a verse, but he was too embarrassed to speak.

Liu Tai was young and came from a rural area. Even if there were problems with the poems he wrote, he would not lose face. But if he could write a little better, he would be able to gain a reputation and attract the attention of others. Make a name for yourself.

First, he was in a high position, but he was the same as his friends when he was poor, and even took his son into the house and treated him as his own son and nephew. Second, Liu Tai is talented, this is his son and nephew, and it also gives him a face.

When Tao Taishou thought of this, he opened his mouth and said, "Nephew Liu, come here, but you have a verse, and you want to listen to it?" Since Liu Tai didn't dare, he would just help him.

Liu Tai was stunned, Qiu You immediately let go, put his hands behind his back, everyone's eyes converged at once, Qiu You showed a calm and steady appearance, Du Rulin followed his brother Du Qingchen, his mouth was slightly hooked, his face was smiling, and his back was straight. Straight, neither humble nor arrogant, in fact, he panicked to death! Why are you staring at them all of a sudden!

Qiu Jin lowered his head and stood beside the three of them without saying a word, as if nothing existed around him, he was only immersed in his own world, Liu Tai looked at Tao Taishou blankly and surprised, by the way, was he called? ? It seems to be called him, it is really called him!

Liu Tai's eyes lit up, he took two steps forward and clasped his fists towards Tao Taishou and several adults, and said, "The boy does, but I'm afraid that the writing is not good and will make people laugh."

"Not afraid, there is your Uncle Tao . Here, if it's not good, I'll change it for you." Tao Taishou smiled gently.

Everyone looked at Liu Tai in amazement, thinking to themselves where these shabbyly dressed boys came from, why is Tao Taishou so close to them? Go back and check it out! This investigation, naturally, just like Tao Taishou's intention, made him famous.

When Liu Tai heard the words, he said, "That kid will show his ugliness. The grass grows and the warbler flies in the February sky, and the willows are drunk in the spring. The children return from school early, so they are busy setting the kite in the east wind."

"Okay! It's really good!" Tao The prefect was the first to applaud, even he couldn't pick out this poem, it was simply too embarrassing for him.

Lord Gao also looked at Liu Tai, who was already smiling embarrassedly, and said, "Whose son is this, why have I never seen it?" If there was such a poetic talent, he should have been famous long ago.

When Tao Taishou heard the words, he immediately told the origin of Liu Tai and others with a smile, which attracted others to praise Liu Tai. They understood that among these shabby boys, only Liu Tai was Tao Taishou's nephew, and the others It's all incidental, they just need to concentrate on praising Liu Tai.

Liu Tai is embarrassed and humbled.

Everyone's eyes were not on Du Rulin and the others, and they became more honest and stayed aside obediently.

"My lord, the good news has been posted outside. This is this year's list of scholars and children. Please check it out." A servant came, holding two official documents and handing them over to Tao Taishou.

Tao Taishou took it over, and everyone's eyes suddenly converged on the official document in Tao Taishou's hands. This is the highlight of the banquet. I just don't know who is the highest ranked among the young masters this year. At this time , naturally no one cares about Liu Tai anymore.

Seeing this, Liu Tai also returned to his friends. Like everyone else, he nervously looked at the official document in Tao Taishou's hand.

Tao Taishou looked around with a smile for a week, and then said to a few adults: "If that's the case, let me read it! Look at these children anxious."

"Naturally." He is the chief examiner of the Xiucai Examination, so one of the official documents must be read by him, which is reasonable and reasonable. Master Gao took the official document and read it aloud from the first place, but no one was happy until the tenth place. He signaled that it was himself, and everyone quickly congratulated.

Master Gao quickly finished reading the list of scholars, and Taishou Tao handed another official document to Master Chen, who was the chief examiner of the Tongsheng Exam. Mr. Chen has a calm personality and does not like to stand out, so he always observes without making a sound. Before Liu Tai wrote a poem and was told by Tao Taishou of his name and origin, he remembered this person, and his name is now on this official document directory. , after all, he participated in all the exam scoring rankings, so he naturally remembered it.

The rhetoric of Liu Tai's article is fresh and somewhat childish. He quite likes it, but the article is a little bit immature, but the youth can expect it. Master Chen opened the official document and smiled meaningfully at Taishou Tao. Tao Taishou noticed the expression of Master Chen, and he felt a little bit, his eyes brightened, and he also laughed. Among the few teenagers in the mansion, he only cared about Liu Tai. He even asked the master of the mansion, Liu Tai, about his homework many times. The master also praised Liu Tai many times. will be forward.

It certainly lived up to his expectations! Even if you can make Lord Chen look like this, you want to be ranked high!

Mr. Chen opened the recitation, "First place, Du Rulin." Mr. Chen didn't care, he was not familiar with the name, and he should not be a child of someone's family, nor at this banquet, Mr. Chen just wanted to continue to read Liu The name of the station, I heard Liu Tai cheering and patting the back of the little friend beside him, and only beat the person forward and unconsciously took a step forward.

"Ru Lin! It's you! You got the top spot in the exam! My father will be very happy when he finds out!" Liu Tai said happily.

Master Chen was stunned. Was the first name one of Liu Tai's classmates? This is a coincidence. The others immediately bowed their hands in congratulations. Du Rulin was happy for a while, then immediately stepped forward to salute and thank the master.

Lord Chen replied with a smile, still admiring it in his heart. Tao Taishou was also slightly surprised. He never cared about the other teenagers, because it was just incidental to Liu Tai, so he never asked them how their homework was. These people also knew their identities and were always cautious. There is no sense of existence in the mansion, unexpectedly, someone can get the first name! With such grades, in the next year's examination for talents, I'm afraid it's only a matter of time.

Only then did Prefect Tao see Du Rulin in his eyes and secretly wrote down his name. Juren was naturally not worthy of his attention, but it is very likely that a young Juren would pass the jinshi examination a few years later, and if he became a jinshi, he would be able to enter the court as an official. Even if it is a small official, it is worth his attitude at the moment to form a good relationship.

Tao Taishou nodded slightly, looked at Du Rulin with a smile on his face, and looked at Du Rulin gently. With a smile, he bowed his hands to Taishou Tao, neither humble nor arrogant, and even the joy was faint, and there was no ecstasy or gaffe. When Tao Taishou saw it, he took a high look.

Master Chen also continued: "Second name, Liu Tai." Master Chen smiled and read the poem to himself, as if letting go of himself, revealing the cheerful and cheerful Liu Tai.

Liu Tai was stunned for a moment, and jumped up with cheers. He was pulled down by You Qiu, holding his clothes tightly to prevent him from jumping up again. Everyone hurriedly congratulated him again, and Taishou Tao also laughed when he heard the words. , the second name is very good! Very good! The son of his brother Liu really lived up to his expectations!

Liu Tai also stepped forward to thank the teacher, and Master Chen continued to read, "You Qiu."

You Qiu originally saw that both of his little friends had won, and the ranking was so high, and his heart became more and more nervous, but it was not obvious on the face. , I didn't expect that the third one was him, even though he was as calm as him, he also secretly relieved, with joy on his face, he stepped forward and bowed, thanking the master.

Master Chen was slightly surprised, "It's still you! It's too coincidental. I just heard that you are classmates, but I am very curious about your master, but I really want to meet."

When Tao Taishou heard it, he laughed loudly and said, "My good friend has an upright temperament. Although he lives in seclusion in the countryside, he is indeed an expert in learning. He won three people in this way, and it is not worth his painstaking efforts to teach him."

"As expected of the prefect's friend." Everyone applauded, but their hearts were full of sourness. There were also many officials and officials' children who took the test of Tongsheng. As a result, the top three were occupied by these country boys. Could it be that Master Liu is really so powerful ? The entire county's students can't compare to his students? They should also consider whether they should send their sons to apprenticeships... Master

Chen read more than ten people. Among the four, Qiu Jin came from the poorest, the latest in his studies, and the worst in school. He couldn't help lowering his head and was nervous. Sweaty palms. But soon, Mr. Chen read his name, "Qiu Jin, also from your county." Mr. Chen's eyes fell on the only one of the four, Qiu Jin immediately raised his head, couldn't restrain his joy, and hurried on I bowed before bowing and thanked my teacher stumblingly.

"Okay, good!" Tao Taishou nodded again and again, the smile on his face became stronger, "Four people took the test, four of them won, you really don't fall into the name of Brother Liu!" The

four immediately stepped forward and faced Tao Taishou. salute.