Chapter 66

Su's father and Su's mother couldn't care less about life in the fields, and hurriedly accompanied Su Dong back home. Du Qingchen and Su Dong stayed at Su's house for one night, and returned to town after having dinner the next day.

"I think I'm much better, I'm fine, we don't need to take medicine after we go back, right?" Su Dong stroked his unremarkable stomach with one hand, lying softly on the soft bedding, and said to Du Qingchen, who was driving the car. This quilt was put on him by Mother Su for fear of shocking him, or if he was uncomfortable in the car.

"Go back and see the doctor first. Whether to drink the medicine or not, see the doctor's meaning." Although Du Qingchen was not prepared for this sudden arrival of the child, and even now is full of confusion and confusion, it is not obvious on the surface, and he will never let it go. Su Dong is taboo and avoids medicine.

At this moment in the restaurant, Du Rulin was sitting at the counter with his cheeks on his back. The guys were just like Du Qingchen comforted them. If they could be late, they would be late, or they would not come at all. There were not many customers, so it was Du Qingchen and Su Dong. I can also be optimistic about the store, but now, he is the only one in the store, and he is a scholar who can't cook. If there are customers, it will be troublesome. Should he close the store now, indicating that it is closed today?

Du Rulin was thinking about it. Outside the door, a man in a brocade robe walked in with a servant, "Little Er, what do you have to eat here?" The

brocade man looked around the empty restaurant and was not surprised, after all Along the way, such a scene is not a family or two, and even many stores are closed, but since the door is open, there should be something to eat!

As soon as Du Rulin saw it, he got up from the counter and walked over, poured tea for the person who sat down, and said helplessly: "What do you want to eat?" If it was a simple steamed bun, he could go to the kitchen to warm up yesterday's food. Leftovers can be dealt with.

Hearing the words, the man swallowed his saliva secretly, and said, "Beef, sheep and pork, no matter what kind of meat, let's have a few dishes first." After rushing from the capital to this point, the more you get to the center of the arid region, the more the business is withered and barren, and he hasn't been there for a long time. Great meal.

"Sorry, no." Du Rulin said.

"Uh...that soup or something?" It's not bad to drink some soup, it's too dry today.

"Sorry, no." Most importantly, he wouldn't do it.

The man choked and asked seriously, "Is there anything I can eat?"

Du Rulin tilted his head and thought, "Do you want to eat steamed bread and pickles?" There are some in this kitchen.

"Is there nothing else?" The man frowned in disgust. What's the difference between this and eating dry food? Anyway, his dry food still has jerky, I'm afraid it's better than the one in this restaurant.

Du Rulin said earnestly: "There is still tea, please have some tea." Du Rulin emptied the cup before meeting, and refilled it again, and looked at the man in dismay.

The man glared at Du Rulin for a while, making sure that Du Rulin had nothing to say. He couldn't help but put one hand on the table, ready to get up in a hurry, "This huge restaurant has only tea? Not even hot dishes?!" The shop, it's hilarious!

"Don't be angry, it's really a drought. The guys and cooks are all farmers in the village, and they all need to farm the land. My brother is distressed that the guys have to come to the restaurant to work during the day and stay up late at night to fetch water to irrigate the ground, so I instructed everyone to come over when they were done, and to keep busy with the fields at home, which led to the restaurant being empty, and please don't blame the guests." Du Rulin saw that this man was dressed in extraordinary clothes, not like a merchant but more like a son of an official, and appeared inexplicably in them. In this small county, there was a vague guess that this person was probably here because of the drought, so he explained it like this.

When the man heard this, his anger was relieved, but instead he asked, "How serious is the drought?"

"Fortunately, there is still hope. The farmers are busy fetching water to fight the drought, and the crops in the fields are still surviving. It rains, the wells dry up, the rivers stop flowing, the seedlings die, and the farmers lose hope, that's what's going to happen." Du Rulin replied.

Seeing that the young man seemed to have read a book between his words, the man asked a question.

Du Rulin replied, "It's true that I have been reading for a few days, but my aptitude is dull, so far I'm just a boy." Du Rulin cupped his hands, not arrogant, but looked calm, neither humble nor arrogant, which surprised the man. In such a remote village, but When he was a teenager, he passed the test of Tongsheng, but he was still calm and not arrogant, which was really rare.

The two were chatting, and Du Qingchen also brought Su Dong back. As soon as he entered the door, he habitually ignored the very few guests, looked at Du Rulin and said, "Go and make the bed for your sister-in-law, your sister-in-law is pregnant and needs to rest. , I'm going to ask a doctor."

Du Rulin heard that, he should be happy, he wasn't surprised, after all, it's almost a year since his brother got married, and it's normal to be pregnant. Du Qingchen had already helped Su Dong into the backyard, and Du Rulin said to the man, "Are you still drinking water?" If not, he would go to make the bed first.

The brocade robes on the man's body are extremely complicated, and the embroidery and embroidery are extremely complicated. It can be seen that the clothes are expensive, and Du Rulin is not afraid that they will steal the things in the lobby.

The man waved his hand casually, motioning for Du Rulin to get busy on his own.

"Master, do you want to leave?" Behind him, the servant asked in a low voice.

"Let's rest first!" The man looked at the empty restaurant and sighed to himself. This is just the edge of the disaster-stricken area. I heard that it rained a few times, so it's still the same. I wonder what the area where the disaster situation is really reported is now. appearance.

Du Qingchen walked out of the backyard quickly, and wanted to go out to find a doctor, when he saw a man sitting in the lobby, glanced at the other person's clothes, and knew that this man had an extraordinary origin. Du Qingchen was naturally the same as Du Rulin, and he was not afraid of him alone. After stealing something from the lobby, he went up and cupped his hands, "Is the guest officer here to eat?"

"Naturally, can I still come to your restaurant for tea?" The man hugged his chest and said, the cup of tea still standing alone in front of him, and even the water was warm, and the heat was almost gone.

Du Qingchen choked, then chuckled lightly, "The guest officer is joking, if the guest officer is willing to wait for a while, when I find the doctor and come back, how about I cook some hot dishes for the guest officer?" The

man heard the words, After thinking for a while, most of the shops in this town are closed, and only a few are open. Moreover, this restaurant is also the largest in this town. If you don't eat here, you can only rush to the county. After talking about it, he didn't want to run around anymore, so he said helplessly: "Go on your own! I'll rest here."

"The guest officer sits down for a while, I'll go back when I go." After Du Qingchen cupped his hands, he immediately trotted out After entering the door, he quickly brought the doctor back and took him to Su Dong's house to help Su Dong diagnose his pulse. After Du Qingchen instructed Du Rulin to take care of Su Dong, he also went out to ask the guests in the lobby.

"Thank you for your willingness to wait for me to come back. I wonder what you two want to eat?"

"Pig, beef and mutton, anything is fine. The soup and soup are seasonal dishes, but the one you are good at." The man said proudly. The servant next to him was already sitting at another table, probably because the man meant it. It is not good for servants to sit at the same table as the master, but they can sit at other tables.

"Okay, is there anything you don't like to eat?" Du Qingchen asked with a smile.

"I don't like sweets."

"Understood, the guest officer will be ready soon." Du Qingchen replied with a smile, turning around and entering the back kitchen.

Afraid of the irritability of the guests waiting, Du Qingchen hurriedly fried a hot and sour shredded potato, which was fast, but it was ready in a while, and immediately served it, saying: "Wait a moment, two, try this first, and I will serve the two of you. Add a few more dishes." Du Qingchen put the lighter fruit wine from the back kitchen on the table before returning to the kitchen.

Du Qingchen has fried pork, braised eggplant and other dishes. In another pot, boiled fish is stewed. Now that the water level of the river has dropped, it is more convenient to catch fish. Therefore, fish is much cheaper these days, but this is only a flash in the pan. , In a few days, the fish in the river will be caught, and at that time, the river will almost dry up.

Du Qingchen suppressed his thoughts, because the boiled fish dish was very popular among the guests, so a lot of seasonings for boiled fish were prepared in the kitchen, so it was convenient and quick to make. Du Qingchen boiled a simple egg and vegetable soup and served it. Afterwards, seeing that the boiled fish was not ready, I took the small fish fried in the kitchen and simmered the sour and appetizing small fish soup. After they were all delivered, Du Qingchen thought for a while, then took out the braised pork that had been prepared earlier in the kitchen and brought two bowls over. Although I don't like sweetness, the braised pork is very good! You can have a taste.

In the lobby, Du Qingchen explained that braised pork is sweet, and if he doesn't like it, he will take it down.

The man's face was still cold, "I said I don't like sweets." Although he blamed Du Qingchen without saying a word, the man's temperament was extremely coercive from the superior.

Du Qingchen didn't seem to feel it, and chuckled, "Okay! It's fine if the guests don't like it, then, what about this little brother?" Du Qingchen turned to look at the servant.

"Boss, let's go!" The master didn't like it, so the servants naturally wouldn't have to leave a certain dish.

"Okay!" Du Qingchen didn't get angry either, he smiled and took two bowls to send to the kitchen.

Magistrate Feng happened to come in with Master Liu, and from a distance, he saw Du Qingchen bringing the braised pork to leave, and Magistrate Feng stopped with a smile, "Oh, why the braised pork made by Qingchen is going to be removed, don't let it go. Excuse me, please leave it to us! Qingchen, make two dishes, and I will have a meal with your master."

"This..." The dishes removed from the table of others, even if the chopsticks were not touched, put them directly. Isn't it inappropriate to go to the Feng County Magistrate's table? But Magistrate Feng didn't seem to really care, and Du Qingchen could only obey.

County magistrate Feng glanced at the two people over there, and snorted lightly, the braised pork didn't look like it was wasted, and he didn't know what was wrong!

"Master?" Seemingly aware of Feng County Magistrate's dissatisfaction, the servant called out in a low voice, guarding himself.

"No problem." The man looked back at the magistrate Feng and chuckled.