Chapter 68

How dare Du Qingchen let the county magistrate continue to talk, otherwise his shallow family will have to donate it immediately. He walked forward quickly, and Du Qingchen put the plate on the table and intercepted the words of the magistrate Feng.

"Master Feng is too famous. In fact, I'm not that powerful. It's just that you praised me for the Master's face. I'm dressed in white, and I only have three shops in my hands, one small restaurant, one here, and one in the county. It's just a restaurant, it was all newly purchased last year, and I don't have many silver taels left in my hand. How can I dare to claim to be the head of the county gentry? It's just because of your prestige, others are willing to give me three points."

Shao Qing heard that Du Qingchen was just an ordinary restaurant owner. He was a little disappointed for a while in such a small county, but he still asked, "I heard that the boss bought grain with other squires before. I don't know how much I have saved?"

"How much is there! Master Shao is joking, how big can our county be? I'm only three shops, and my younger brother has a little success in his studies, so others call me a little higher. When I say a country gentleman, it's really just a wealthy family. As for the other two in the county, is it not the same. I don't mention the Qiu family. Gradually get up from the muddy legs of farming, and guess how much money can you have?"

Du Qingchen chuckled, covering up his business of selling hot pot ingredients to make money, and continued to explain, "It's just that Boss Su and I have been friends before. He came from farming, so he knew the impact of the drought on the people, so he couldn't bear it. Thinking that he still had some money left in his family, he bought some food, one for his own family, and the other just in case, at least he could help his family. ."

If it can only save the food of the same family, then there is not much, I am afraid that even a county can't be saved, Shao Qing is very disappointed.

"Why do you need to worry, sir, the court always has food for relief, right?" Du Qingchen asked tentatively. Now the disaster is not serious, it is the area with the most severe drought, and it is not that there is no food left in the family. At most, the seedlings are withered. This season's crops have not been harvested, and people's hearts are just floating.

When Shao Qing heard the words, he hadn't asked clearly, but was pressed by a restaurant owner. Shao Qing smiled, "Naturally, if the drought is severe and there is famine everywhere, the imperial court will definitely have to provide relief."

"Oh, then we villagers, too. You can feel at ease." Du Qingchen smiled, his heart sank slightly. If the drought is severe, disaster relief will only take place. That is to say, the disaster situation at this moment is not serious in the eyes of the imperial court. I am afraid that this Lord Shao is not here for disaster relief, but for investigation. That's right, it's not yet the autumn harvest, who doesn't have the surplus grain to last until the autumn harvest? Even if the seedlings wither and die, people will not starve to death for a while. The court has time to slowly investigate and determine the disaster situation before adjusting the food.

After Du Qingchen set the plate, he turned his back and glanced at the county magistrate with a meaningful look. After such a long time, the magistrate Feng also reacted. The words he just said were suspected of pushing Du Qingchen to come forward. Mr. Shao's attention, I'm afraid that this batch of grain will not be kept in Pingxing County, how can he speak so fast! He can't control the disasters of others, so take care of your own county first! Feng magistrate secretly regretted.

Seeing the remorse on Feng County Magistrate's face, Du Qingchen was relieved. At least Feng County Magistrate realized that this was inappropriate and should not talk nonsense.

Shao Qing already had a general understanding of the situation in this place, so he relaxed and asked about Pingxing County's request for rain. What do you think?"

"Wait, Boss Du is just an ordinary household, and his family is only three shops. Why does Master Feng ask him about everything?" Shao Qing chuckled.

Feng county magistrate was dumbfounded for a while, isn't he accustomed to it! Could it be that he went to find that Su Junxia who didn't know a single big character and always only listened to Du Qingchen's words? Or go to Qiu's house specifically to discuss with their family? ! It's not very good to come to Du Qingchen, you can also have a meal, chat with Master Liu, and do things by the way.

Du Qingchen cupped his hands and said: "Master Shao misunderstood, I am a restaurant here, and Master Feng likes to eat my dishes on weekdays, and the master lives opposite my restaurant, so it seems like those who need the help of the squires, Wenhui. Ah and so on, they will stop by and let me run errands and hold banquets. Isn't that the case with the last Wenhui and food shopping? Master Feng is here, let me know, and I will go with the Su family and Qiu. My family said, help with errands."

"That's right! It's just convenient. Boss Du is young and kind and doesn't worry about trouble, so if you have anything, you can tell him if you have a lower official, and he will help me with it. Like this time begging for rain, Xiaguan wanted to tell Boss Du, and let him do the errands for the rest, hehe..." Feng County magistrate smiled.

It's enough! Du Qingchen was speechless.

Shao Qing sighed, "Boss Du is not too troublesome, Master Feng! You have to do more with your own affairs! You can't always bully the people!" After speaking, Shao Qing patted the county magistrate Feng on the shoulder, Feng county magistrate returned what he said to him before.

This is a man who will be rewarded for his flaws. Du Qingchen thought to himself.

After eating, Shao Qing had to continue on the road with his servants. Feng County magistrate sent the three people to the mouth of the town. Shao Qing patted Du Qingchen on the shoulder and sighed: "If the merchants in other counties can be like Boss Du. In general, this errand is much easier for me to think about, and the people will not have to struggle to survive in the famine!"

Du Qingchen turned to look at the back of his hand on his shoulder, and said, "My lord is joking, I'm just a fighter for the common people. Even if the merchants in the world are like me, I am afraid that they still cannot stop natural and man-made disasters, and they still need the court to provide relief and help the people."

Shao Qing looked complicated, "You are right."

Disaster relief is the court's responsibility. It's not about businessmen.

After sending Shao Qing away, Feng county magistrate breathed a sigh of relief, "Finally left."

"Not necessarily." Du Qingchen frowned, "He knows that Pingxing County has food, and maybe he doesn't like it now, but if there is something urgently needed, no matter how little, he will dig it out."

Feng county magistrate choked, He was speechless, because what Du Qingchen said was right, even if the food was scarce in a critical moment, Master Shao would not let it go. But at that time, their county must also be in crisis! How can you send your own food outside to save others?

"Then what should we do?" Feng county magistrate was a little anxious.

Du Qingchen was helpless, he also knew the temperament of the magistrate Feng, and there must be a way, but he also affirmed that the magistrate Feng was too lazy to do it and was afraid of taking responsibility.

For example, from now on, people are encouraged to save grain, and villagers are encouraged to dig deep wells, so as not to die of thirst due to lack of water in the event of a famine, and then submit an application to use treasury silver to purchase grain for backup. Yes, but the county magistrate Feng is a lazy and incompetent person. He will never trouble himself if he can't do anything. It's useless for him to say it, and he doesn't want to offend the county magistrate.

Du Qingchen opened his mouth, but in the end he didn't speak, sighed, shook his head and left.

Master Liu didn't think about it that much. He also thought of the methods that Du Qingchen had in mind. Although he was not as detailed as Du Qingchen thought, he said to Feng County magistrate: "It's better to use the treasury silver to take advantage of the fact that the price of food has not risen too much. Gao, buy a batch first and then talk about it."

"How can I use the treasury silver easily! I don't say that my boss doesn't allow it, I just say that after buying the food, if it rains a few days later! If the food goes bad, the money will be spent. , who will bear this responsibility?!" Feng County magistrate really answered.

Behind Du Qingchen, Master Liu and Magistrate Feng almost quarreled. Master Liu was never afraid of anyone in this kind of matter. Magistrate Feng was mild-mannered. Gu Zi returned to the restaurant.

In the restaurant, the doctor had already left. Du Rulin boiled medicine for Su Dong. Su Dong was sitting on the bed drinking the medicine. It was probably because the medicine was too bitter. After drinking it, Du Rulin took the bowl, handed another one, and quickly said, "Sister-in-law, drink some water and press down."

Du Qingchen quickly took out small snacks such as mung bean cakes from the bedside cabinet and handed them to Su Dong, "Eat Pieces of pastry to suppress the taste."

Su Dong raised his eyes to see Du Qingchen, laughed, took Du Rulin's water in one hand, and the pastry handed by Du Qingchen in the other, and ate both.

Du Qingchen was helpless, "You have eaten so much, do you want to eat later?" You can put down Du Rulin's water!

Su Dong just smiled and stroked his stomach with one hand.

Du Rulin raised his eyebrows, took the bowl and left silently, Du Qingchen sat beside Su Dong's bed with a lonely expression.

"What's wrong?" Su Dong asked.

"It's nothing, I'm just worried that it won't rain and you're pregnant again, what should I do if there is a disaster?" Du Qingchen said in a low voice.

Su Dong said: "It's okay! There were droughts in the past years, and the people who were supposed to have children were still born? Don't be afraid, don't be afraid."

Can it be the same? Du Qingchen looked back at Su Dong with a complicated expression. He was not someone else. The reason why the villagers gave birth is because children are easy to die, and childbirth is also a great difficulty for the brothers and children, requiring excellent medical facilities, but in the countryside, This kind of thing is almost resigned. It is true that someone else's family should have a child, but what is the child's mortality rate? What is the death rate of the brothers and children born? ! Especially in times of disaster! Villagers can take it for granted, he can't!

So he was worried, scared, even scared.

He is not a saint. When he rescued the children in the secret way of the Chen family, he hesitated everywhere. He is not as good as Su Junxia, ​​and he is still the same now. Feng county magistrate is incompetent and incompetent, which makes people feel powerless. He is an imperial envoy, and he must report the flaws. He also remembers that he has food in his hands. The villagers also know this. If there is a disaster, this batch of food will only bring him infinite trouble.

Du Qingchen made up his mind and said to Su Dong gently: "If it doesn't rain all the time, and Ru Lin still has to take the exam, shall we go together? Bring my father, and your mother and father, let's go to the provincial capital to live for a while, I'll accompany Rulin to take the exam, and I'll find a good doctor for you to help you deliver the baby, okay?"

Since there's nothing you can do, it's better to avoid it.