Chapter 52

Du's house, the last new house was almost finished, and when it was time to finish, Du Qingchen went back home, settled the wages, and thanked him politely.

"Boss Du is too polite, isn't this what it should be? You pay, we contribute, how can we afford a thank you." Qiu Zhuantou wiped his sweat and smiled brightly.

Du Qingchen also smiled politely.

Just as he was talking, Father Du came in from the door and put his hand in a cylindrical warm hand. It was a little cold at the beginning, but before it was cold, Father Du had already put on thick clothes and brought a hand warmer. .

Father Du worked hard for many years before, his body was thin, and he suffered from illness. He was also old, and he was most intolerable to wind and cold. It was only a cold day, and he already felt cold. This hand warmer was done by Su Dong for him.

"Father, you are so afraid of the cold, so stay at home! What do you do to run to the village entrance every day, if Lin Gai comes back, he will come back naturally, you can't rush him back even if you keep waiting for him!"

Qiu Zhuantou heard Yan also persuaded: "Yes, I think what Boss Du said is good, you! I also gave a kang in this house according to Boss Du's request. You are weak, so you sit cross-legged on the kang every day and enjoy a lot of happiness. Well, the children and grandchildren will have their own children and grandchildren! I see your youngest son, the heaven is full, and he looks blessed. This time he must pass the exam, you don't have to worry!"

Father Du sighed, and he was not in a good mood. People joked, but frowned, "You said why he hasn't come back, just wait for the list to be released, it's time to be home in the next few days!"

"Maybe I met some friends and played with people for a few days, don't worry Yes, Mr. Tao promised to take care of them, and he will always take care of them, I guess, the Tao family has left people to play for a few days." Du Qingchen chuckled.

Father Du was still worried, and sighed again, his father was worried, not to mention that Du Rulin was so young and had never travelled far, so no matter how Du Qingchen comforted him, it was impossible for him not to worry.

Su Dong came out with a basin of dirty water, and the three of them walked towards the outside of the courtyard. The huge wooden basin was full of sewage. Su Dong walked very steadily. Du Qingchen wanted to reach out to help, but Su Dong was fast and had already left. After he opened the door, he stood at the door and poured forcefully towards the ditch outside, and came back with the wooden basin in one hand.

After Su Dong came back, he said to Father Du, "Father, I have already cleaned up your house, otherwise you can go back and see if there is anything else I can help you with." My

daughter-in-law is so diligent! Du Qingchen was helpless, he and Su Dong had just returned not long ago, and he just settled an account and said a few words, Su Dong has already cleaned Du's father's new house.

Father Du also felt that Su Dong's hands and feet were very quick, and he finally put on a smile on his face, dispelling his sad face, and waved his hands again and again, "Don't be busy, you can rest! If you can't rest, you can take a good rest when you come back, but you can't be exhausted."

"It's okay, Dad, I'm not tired. Besides, I'm not going to clean, it's you or my husband, so it's better for me to come!"

Father Du is elderly He is frail and is wearing thick clothes in the cold. Du Qingchen is already very busy on weekdays. He is a business man who needs to do business! Su Dong felt that it was his job to take care of the house, so how could Du Qingchen be allowed to help clean the house? He had to be quicker with his hands and feet, and finish all the work at home before Du Qingchen could free up his hands to help him.

When Qiu Zhuantou saw him, he praised and sighed repeatedly, "This Su Dong is capable! He looks good, he can embroider and sew, and his dowry is rich, yet he is still so capable, and he cleans up the house so neatly. Oh, hello, Boss Du. Good luck! You said that two years ago, there were people in our village who wanted to marry the Su family, but hesitantly did not propose marriage, but the result is! Do, if this was..."

"Cough cough." Du Qingchen interrupted Qiu Zhuantou's words with a light cough.

"Oh, look at my mouth, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Anyway, that's what I meant, Boss Du is so lucky!" Qiu Zhuantou'er laughed.

Du Qingchen raised his eyebrows, "I'm lucky, since I married Brother Dong, everything I do has been smooth. First the Chen family collapsed, then the business was booming. I went to the county office a few days ago, and I got it. Feng county magistrate's good impression is that everything is going well."

Qiu Zhuantouer was speechless when he heard this, although he didn't know what happened to the county magistrate, but he knew other things. , Thinking about it this way, Su Dong is indeed a prosperous man! Qiu Zhuantouer originally only had one point of praise, but in order to have a good relationship with Du Qingchen, he exaggerated it. But listening to Du Qingchen's remarks, Qiu Zhuantou's expression was a little envious, and there was even some regret in the depths of his eyes.

What he just said was not someone else, but his own nephew. It was just because of the bad reputation of the Su family, and he was worried that the Hou Mansion would cause trouble in the future. In addition, although Su Dong is good, he is a brother. , and the body is soft? So in the end, he did not propose a marriage, and later married a woman from a neighboring village.

Who would have thought that the brother they despised at the beginning was beautiful, generous, diligent and capable, and most importantly, he was a prosperous man! And the woman they tried so hard to marry looked nothing, she wasn't pretty, but she was a normal girl, and the result was! The oil bottle is poured without a support, it is simply for the ancestors to come back!

However, the local women in the countryside are Jin Gui, and the good-looking women are all married to the town or county, and some go to big families to be concubines. There are already fewer women, so there are fewer women, so people with girls have always been Pampered, his niece-in-law is actually not alone.

Du Qingchen didn't have the heart to care what Qiu Zhuantou was thinking, he turned his head to Su Dong and said, "Go back to the house and rest!" Su Dong

had just been praised by Du Qingchen and was very happy, and when he heard Du Qingchen say it again, he knew it was Du Qingchen. Concerned about him, he nodded with a sweet heart, "Then I'll go back to the house first!" It happened that he wanted to make a few more sets of winter clothes, so he just went back and made them.

Du Qingchen smiled and nodded, and Su Dong returned to the house.

Qiu Zhuantouer also said that he would hurry up to work when he got his wages, so he stopped chatting and went to work on his own.

Du Qingchen sent Father Du into his house. Inside the house, the kang was burning hot, as if it was a radiator. The whole house was much warmer than the outside. It stands to reason that the new house was damp and not suitable for living directly, but the kang was burning continuously. It's been three or four days, so the house is still very good.

It was getting colder and the wooden house was always leaking, so Du Qingchen said to Father Du, "Father, you can move over from the wooden house at night, it just so happened that Su Dong also helped you clean up, you put the bedding on. If you move here, you can sleep. I think this kang is hot, and it will save you from getting colder and freezing you."

Father Du was also a little moved. He had been busy before, and he didn't do much cleaning after the new house was built. The room was full of dust and small broken bricks, but the kang was only burned to warm the house. As a result, when Su Dong came back, he tidied it up. Now the new house is clean, and even the kang is covered with straw mats. Just take the futon over and you can sleep.

"Then, let's do it! It's time to vacate the room and use it as a study for Ru Lin."

"Okay. Then I'll go to help you move the bedding, tables, chairs and benches later." Du Qingchen nodded.

"By the way, wait for your house to be built, and burn the kang for a few days, so that you can live in a few days." Father Du instructed.

"Don't worry! I know." Du Qingchen nodded. "In a few days, we will all be able to live in our own houses."

Father Du heard the words, and his face became slightly smiling.

"By the way, father, how is my pepper?" Du Qingchen asked.

Speaking of this, Father Du is full of anger! His family has several generations of poor peasants, and he himself has cultivated most of his life. Although he has never planted this kind of thing called pepper, Father Du is very confident. As long as it grows in the ground, the old crops will be groping. Can plant something.

The results of it! It was already autumn when Du Qingchen gave him the seeds, and he still swore that he would be able to plant them. But seeing that Du Qingchen is so confident, he must be planted! He felt that this thing was about the same as winter wheat. It was planted in autumn. After the cat wintered in the ground, it started to grow in the next year. The result is!

When the cold wind blew, the newly born little Miaomiao froze to death! He has been planting the land all his life! As a result, so many seedlings have been planted, and no seed has been harvested. Does he want to lose face!

As a farmer who has been planting crops for most of his life, with so many dead seedlings, does he still have face! But fortunately, Father Du was worried before planting, leaving half of the seeds unplanted, thinking that if this crop is not good, he will wait for the next spring to plant again, fortunately, he still left the seeds, otherwise, now Du Qingchen will continue to plant Don't even count on the seedlings!

Du Qingchen looked dumbfounded at Father Du's rage, and scolded him fiercely with his feet jumping. Du Qingchen understood it, and said with difficulty: "Father, the peppers... all gone!"

"Nonsense! The cold wind blows, They are all dead! You said you! I also asked you specifically, can you plant at this time? You thought about it yourself, and then told me that you can plant it! Is this something that can be planted at this time?! Ah! Your father My face is lost! A few days ago, your second uncle came and saw the dead seedlings in the yard, and told me about it, saying that I was confused in business and that I could not even plant the land, and that I had forgotten my roots. What!" Father Du's hair was about to stand up.

Du Qingchen silently lowered his head, raised his sleeves and wiped his face. Du's father scolded him when he scolded him. It was fine, he was thick-skinned and used to it, but...

"Father, really... all gone?" Is it really all dead! There is no hope at all! Then when will he be able to see chili again and even cook with it!

Du Qingchen remembered the merchants who came to eat from the county town these days, but they really couldn't, so he asked these guests if they had gone to the south or came back from the south, and he could see if he could get someone to help buy some back.

Du Qingchen was helpless, how did he know that peppers could not be grown! The only plant he has ever grown since he was a child is the succulent pot in the office, and he has raised it to death. Who knows how to grow peppers! He also came here. After careful observation, he realized the difference between wheat seedlings and leeks. He really can't grow things!

He specializes in surgery, and farming is definitely his weakest point!

Father Du pondered for a moment, "I still left half of the seeds for you, I'm just afraid that you don't know it, and all the seeds were blinded, and only half of them were left, let's see now! Fortunately, I left half of the seeds! Try again in the spring of next year. Let's try it!"

"That's great." Du Qingchen breathed a sigh of relief, as long as there are more seeds, it's okay for Father Du to be Father Du, he is so confident and so anxious to want him to grow peppers, Father Du can still rely on Feeling, guilty and suspicious of him, and even secretly kept half of the seeds, the crops are like! Absolute farmer! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

Du Qingchen raised his head to praise, but was glared back by Father Du. Well, let's not mention this, I'm getting angry!

Du Rulin came back in the evening. Tao Taishou specially sent servants to send a few teenagers back, along with congratulations to Master Liu, and even some greeting gifts from other officials and eunuchs, and wanted to invite Master Liu. Go to the provincial capital to open a private school, or go to their home to be the master and teach the children of their family.

Master Liu refused. When he was the most impoverished, he did not accept the help of Tao Taishou, and went to the provincial capital to be a small official, let alone now, he has established a firm foothold here, and there is no shortage of fame and money. , why bother to go to the provincial capital to torture and embarrass yourself.

Du Rulin refused the offer from the servants of the Tao family, and left the person at Master Liu's place. He carried his luggage and went home. As soon as he entered the door, he saw Du Qingchen moving tables and chairs into the new room under the command of Father Du.

"Father! Brother!" Du Rulin's tense nerves finally relaxed and he laughed.

"Finally back." Du Qingchen smiled and breathed a sigh of relief, turning his eyes to Father Du.

Seeing that Father Du was too happy to speak, he just stared blankly at Du Rulin, and the next moment, he trotted towards Du Rulin and slapped Du Rulin on the back, "You bastard, it's time for you to come back. , I've only entered the house now! You don't even think about whether the family is worried about you!"

Du Rulin let Father Du do it, and it didn't hurt anyway, and still laughed and said, "Father, I passed the exam."