Chapter 151

Half a month later, the emperor became seriously ill. Du Qingchen had already packed his luggage and could leave the capital at any time, but he never left, not to attend Su Nuan's wedding, but because he was worried about Du Rulin and Liu Tai.

Du Qingchen walked into the bedroom and heard laughter and laughter coming from the room. Su Dong and Su Nuan had been very happy these days. Qi Cheng was busy with business, and there was no place where Su Dong and Su Nuan were needed. Joke at home, tease the children, and occasionally talk about candles at night, and drive Du Qingchen to the study to stay for one night or something.

When Du Qingchen heard the sound in the room, he knocked on the door with a sigh, and there were probably no one else who would knock on the door when he returned to his room.

Su Nuan came over and opened the door. When he saw Du Qingchen, he smiled brightly, "Brother Du is back?" Du

Qingchen nodded with a sullen face, "Brother Nuan, you are going to get married soon, and you are more concerned with yourself. Embroider wedding dresses in the house, you should also learn to be prudent! Although Brother Dong is your brother and I am your brother-in-law, I am also a big man after all. Isn't it inappropriate?"

Su Nuan put away her smiling face and folded her arms around her chest, "Why did you and Dong Ge'er hug me wrong before you were my brother-in-law, but now that you are back, you still claim to be my brother-in-law? Why do you keep taking advantage of me? Ah!"

"Strictly speaking, I used to take advantage of you, but now, Brother Dong was indeed born earlier than you, of course I am your brother-in-law!" Du Qingchen said righteously.

Su Nuan pursed her lips, wanted to refute but didn't know where to start, Su Dong had already walked over with Mao Dan, "Come back!"

"Daddy, hug!" Mao Dan reached out and wanted to throw himself into Du Qingchen's arms. He is also a big baby who can speak a few words.

Du Qingchen immediately smiled brightly. He was not a strict father, and he was very kind to his children. He insisted on quality education, and he was especially disapproving of the stick education here. When the child was young, he naturally had to love him very much.

Du Qingchen hugged his son and kissed a few times before he said to Su Dong: "Everything at home has been packed. After a while, we will go back after attending Brother Nuan's marriage." Qi Cheng's national filial piety is about to be It's over, Su Nuan will be able to get married soon.

Su Nuan hesitantly touched his nose and said nothing.

"What's wrong?" Du Qingchen turned to Su Nuan, "Look at it, it doesn't seem like we can make it?"

"How could it be?! I'm... I'm not shy! After all, I'm about to get married! Hehe..." Su Warm embarrassed smile.

Du Qingchen said: "What did Qi Cheng say to you?"

"What did you say? No! Brother Du, what are you thinking about!" Su Nuan had adjusted her mentality and looked puzzled.

Du Qingchen sighed slightly and walked into the room with the hairy egg in his arms. He remembered in the original book that the fifth prince initiated the palace change when the emperor was seriously ill, but the book did not describe the time, and the book did not even describe the emperor's serious illness. The root cause was only mentioned in one stroke, so he was not very clear about many things.

In fact, he was also a little worried. The plot in the book will still happen. After all, the old emperor's mind has not changed. How can the fifth prince give up if he can't get the edict? !

So, Liu Tai spends most of his time in the palace, still guarding the Eighth Prince and the Emperor, what should he do? Du Qingchen frowned. If the fifth prince really broke into the palace as in the original book, but saw the edict written by the old emperor to the eighth prince when he was in danger, he would be extremely angry. As in the original book, he destroyed the edict and killed the eighth prince. Prince, hide the truth and ascend the throne by himself.

What about Liu Tai? How can Liu Tai, who witnessed all this, fish out?

"Brother Du, do you have something on your mind?" Su Nuan asked, her eyes flickering, "Still here, what are you thinking about?"

Du Qingchen raised his head, he had actually been thinking about Liu Tai for a long time, he always wanted to do something, and figured out a way to keep him, Du Qingchen said: "Brother Nuan, tell me the truth, does the fifth prince have any plans... ...Forcing the palace?" Du Qingchen kept the last two words in a very low voice.

Su Nuan looked terrified, and hurriedly trotted out to look around. After making sure no one heard it, he turned around and said, "Don't talk nonsense! You lost your head!"

"Really?" Du Qingchen didn't believe it. Just know.

"I don't know! Alright, alright! I told you, you can't spread it! It's a terrible thing!" Su Nuan pointed to Du Qingchen.

Du Qingchen raised his eyebrows, "Look when I have done something out of character."

"I have to be my brother-in-law! When I bully Brother Dong!!" Su Nuan narrowed her eyes. !

Du Qingchen nodded, he didn't want to think deeply about what it means to bully Brother Dong. After all, he never bullied Brother Dong as an outsider, but changed the subject, "Tell me what you want to say!"

Su Nuan sat down, After drinking a few sips of tea, his eyes dodged a little, before he whispered and said hesitantly, "Actually... Your Majesty will not survive the Queen's filial

piety . He collapsed because of repeated detoxification." The filial piety has been extended, and he doesn't know when his marriage will be delayed, but not many people know about this matter. Qi Cheng told him secretly, but he just didn't want him to be disappointed and sad because he couldn't get married. Thinking of telling outsiders, it's all because Du Qingchen said something to force the palace. He didn't want him to continue thinking about it, so he had to say it.

Du Qingchen pondered, "Over and over again, it seems that he gave up more than once in the middle."

"That's right!" Su Nuan slapped the table, "This is a secret in the palace, that is, only a few people can know. His Majesty said that he would quit drugs, but what happened? After quitting, he couldn't hold it anymore, and he killed several people. An imperial doctor, he also insisted on eating rice buns, and regretted it after eating it, and continued to detox, just like this over and over again, can his body not collapse?"

Du Qingchen nodded, "So how long can he live?" In the

book, The emperor did not issue an edict before he died, and the fifth prince could not wait. Another counselor said that his majesty will not pass the throne at this time, and I am afraid that he does not care about his highness. In the name of someone rebelling in the palace, he forced the palace to enter the palace, but in fact, he was the only one who actually rebelled, and the eighth prince, who became the last sacrifice, was detained as a rebel in the palace, for the fifth The prince washed away the name of the forced palace.

Su Nuan thought for a while, "Anyway, Qi Cheng said that the national filial piety is only connected to the national filial piety, and it will be difficult to get married."

At most, there are only half a month left. Du Qingchen thought about it, at this time, the fifth prince should be I didn't realize that the emperor would rather pass on Huangkou Xiaoer than he planned to pass it on. It is estimated that he is still spending his mind on controlling the court and letting the emperor understand the situation and write him an edict.

Then, he can either take Liu Tai away now, lest he witness the real imperial edict and be killed by the fifth prince, or he will find a way to prevent the edict from coming out, as long as Liu Tai does not witness the emperor really wants to It was the eighth prince who wanted to pass the throne, and Du Rulin begged Liu Tai again, and it was not a problem to just fish it out.

The attention and ruthlessness of the fifth prince have always been used only in the most deadly places, but he seems to be very conscientious about the others. For example, the third prince, as long as it is not harmful to his throne, he can even make an agreement with Jiang Chuan to let him be a The idle king survived at the border, and it was precisely because he was tolerant in places that were not fatal that many of the vassals of the third prince fell to him, and he was assured that he would not be settled by the autumn queen.

Du Qingchen put his arms around Mao Dan and tapped lightly on the table with the other. After a long time, he looked at Su Nuan with a smile and opened his mouth to speak.

"Don't look at me like that! Every time you look at people like this, you're trying to trick others." Su Nuan stepped back and said vigilantly with his chest folded.

Du Qingchen was speechless and said, "My family, how could I harm you? Come here, let's talk."

"What are we talking about?" Su Nuan said vigilantly.

"Let's talk about you and Qi Cheng. When will he come next time?"

"Are you looking for him? Then I will send him a message and ask him to come over, or I can go to Qi Mansion with you." Su Warm way.

Du Qingchen smiled and said: "Then can you go to see him alone?"

"Yes..." Su Nuan was helpless, it seemed that he was going to be a messenger.

"Send me a message to him, just say it was Liu Tai who said that His Majesty is interested in the Eighth Prince."

Su Nuan was at first dazed, but quickly turned to shock, but still retorted: "You are talking nonsense! Liu Tai would not say such a thing. , I know him, he is very determined, so many days ago, I have not seen him think clearly, if you want to rely on the fifth prince, you will not suddenly turn around at this time."

Du Qingchen said with a smile: "You just It's okay if I see it."

"Brother Du, you can't spread this rumor! You didn't go to the palace to accompany the emperor every day, how did you see it?"

"Look at Liu Tai! You didn't say it. Well, he doesn't care, I know him so well, he usually doesn't hide many things from me, it's easy to see. But it doesn't matter if you believe it or not, I just ask you to remind Qi Cheng, lest they Without any precautions, my heart is still towards the Fifth Prince." Du Qingchen said with a smile.

Su Nuan hesitated, "Just let me remind you?"

"Yes, by the way, show your loyalty to Liu Tai for me. Although Liu Tai is stupid, I will watch him."

"Do you want to spread this?" Su Nuan asked.

"Save the child! That stupid child's father is not only my teacher, but also kind to me!" Du Qingchen sighed helplessly.

Su Nuan nodded, "Okay...Okay, then I'll go now."

"Yes, the sooner the better, remember, the emperor may directly write an edict to the eighth prince when he knows his death date.

" Can this be seen?! How does Liu Tai know so much?" Su Nuan was surprised.

"I guess." Du Qingchen blinked.

Su Nuan was speechless: "Aren't you afraid that you guessed wrong? I'm also wrong?"

"The only thing I asked you to tell is that the emperor will pass the throne to the eighth prince, the rest are my own opinions, help I'll just pass it on, thank you

Brother Nuan." Du Qingchen stood up, nodded and smiled, hugged Mao Dan and let him step on the table, touched his hands together, and bowed, "My Mao Dan also thanks uncle."