Chapter 50

Inside the county office, Du Qingchen told everything to the county magistrate who was sitting high. After the skin is removed, there are not many wrinkles, and it still looks very amiable.

After listening to Du Qingchen's speech, Magistrate Feng pondered for a moment, and then said, "How do you know that this rice bag flower is poisonous? This officer has also studied poetry and books since childhood, but he has never heard of it."

Du Qingchen bowed his hands, "Sir, you read These are all works of great sages who govern the world and save the people. The boy is a villager in the countryside. How can I read those sage books? Therefore, when I went to a private school, I preferred to read some storybooks. This thing happened by accident. I read it in a miscellaneous book. At first, the villain was not sure, just thought, to detain the person first, and then slowly inquire. It was also for the safety of the villagers. Later, in order to confirm, the villain pretended to force him to eat. Go down and see if he dares to eat it! Sure enough, he doesn't want to, so the villain is sure that this thing is poisonous."

Feng county magistrate nodded, "You are alert."

"The adults praised it, just For the sake of the food of the villagers, even if there is only a little doubt, the villain dare not let it go." Du Qingchen nodded and replied.

County magistrate Feng admired Du Qingchen quite a bit. He had a pure and good nature, but he was just a little skeptical, so he detained guests in his restaurant. Sure enough, he found poisons such as rice bursa. If he were someone else, he would be suspicious and unwilling. If there are more troubles, they will only let people leave, and at most they will not buy it.

"What's your name?" Feng county magistrate asked.

"The villain Du Qingchen."

The name was a bit familiar, and the county magistrate Feng thought about it, and quickly thought of Du Qingchen's identity, "You are the restaurant owner who accompanied Su Junxia down the secret road?" asked with interest.

Du Qingchen nodded and said embarrassedly, "It's the villain who didn't actually help much. It's all thanks to Su Jun's bravery and chivalrous heart that he was able to get out of trouble."

"Su Junxia is naturally good. It is also very good that you are willing to follow him to the secret passage." Although the county magistrate Feng is the head of the county, he has been oppressed by the Chen family all year round. The county magistrate Feng was secretly happy for a long time that he had re-existed. In the future, in Pingxing County, he could finally be a real and unchecked magistrate.

He is the local parental official! Feng county magistrate knew that Du Qingchen had contributed to the destruction of the Chen family, and his attitude towards Du Qingchen was better.

Although he does not have any great talent, he is not a heinous person. He is just a little greedy and lustful on weekdays, but he is not very greedy. The kind of corrupt officials and cruel officials who want to scrape the people's oil and water, he only occasionally accepts some big households. The filial piety of others, so he is generally a pretty good person.

The county magistrate Feng said cheerfully: "Sure enough, he lives up to his reputation as a chivalrous person. Speaking of which, I am reminded of something after you come here."

Du Qingchen looked at the county magistrate Feng with a kind expression on his face. When he smiled, he knew that it was not a bad thing, so he smiled and listened attentively.

"Is that restaurant in your house the one in the town that has a very good reputation in the county these days? Others said that the food in your house is different from other restaurants, and many of them have never been eaten before."

Du Qingchen surrendered modestly Said: "It's all praised by others. In fact, it's just ordinary home-cooked food."

"Home-style? No no! That's not home-style. A few days ago, one of my concubines mentioned your family's meals and said that she also I heard that the taste is very delicious and very novel. Her family originally wanted to cooperate with you, open a restaurant in the county town together, and split the bill with you five or five. She also said that in the future, she can also let the servants buy it, which will relieve her cravings. ."

Du Qingchen's eyes froze, and then he raised his head with a gentle smile, "Could it be that the county magistrate said the Qiu family?"

Feng county magistrate nodded with a smile, "It's his house, my concubine is the Qiu family woman, just I heard that you refused? Why?"

"Oh, it's good to be able to cooperate with Boss Qiu, but... Boss Qiu is too polite and insists on giving me 50% of the profit, my lord, although businessmen seek profit, but I I have always admired Elder Qiu, how could they let them lose money like this, so I rejected them."

Feng County magistrate is not stupid, he smiled and pondered a little, originally he mentioned this matter casually, after all, when his servant When the concubine talked to him, he just listened casually and didn't care at all. Now that he heard it like this, it seemed that there were a lot of problems inside. Although Du Qingchen said it beautifully, he was afraid that he was unwilling.

If you don't want it, don't want it! Anyway, Mrs. Qiu didn't mention this matter recently, and he wouldn't deliberately treat the people just because of a word or two that a concubine once said, and Magistrate Feng did not continue to ask questions.

Du Qingchen himself was a little unable to sit still. The Qiu family depended on Feng County magistrate by virtue of their female family members. Today, they can blow the pillow wind to Feng County magistrate, and maybe they can continue to target them tomorrow. Don't worry about the food you want. After a few days, when I save enough money, I will come to the county to buy a shop and open a shop in the county. My family also has takeaway. If Aunt Qiu likes it, I will order food every day. It can also be delivered every day."

"Oh?" Magistrate Feng was somewhat interested, "What kind of takeaway? Let's listen to it."

Du Qingchen also said it, anyway, this kind of thing can't be hidden, if Magistrate Feng wanted to Yes, it can be clear by asking someone to inquire about it in the town. The reason why he doesn't know is because he didn't care about it before.

Feng county magistrate understood and nodded approvingly, "I can't see it, you kid, not only has a kind heart, but is also a very smart person, but that's right, otherwise, Su Junxia wouldn't take you alone. No? Sure enough, he's a smart one."

Du Qingchen smiled and said a few words of modesty.

Outside the county office, Du Genyou kept looking inside the door, and finally waited for Du Qingchen to come back and quickly stepped forward to support him. Du Qingchen looked thoughtful, and Du Genyou just thought he was scared. He didn't dare to say anything more at the entrance of the county government office, so he supported Du Qingchen and left the county government office.

"Boss? Brother Qingchen? You're back!" Du Genyou raised his hand and shook it in front of Du Qingchen's eyes, but Du Qingchen raised his hand and patted it.

"I'm fine!" Du Qingchen said.

"I see you've been in a trance all the time. I don't know what you're thinking, so I called you, how? Did you explain it to the official? Shouldn't it bother you?!" Dugan asked.

"It's okay, the person has been detained, and he has also taken his guide. When he finishes his prison sentence, he will be moved back to his original place. Without the guide, he can no longer run around." Du Qingchen replied.

Du Genyou breathed a sigh of relief, "That's great, it saves him from going to other places to harm other people, really, take poison to sell money, and don't be afraid of sin! I said, Brother Qingchen, since all the It's alright, why are you still thinking, like you're thinking about something?"

"It's alright, I just think this county is not bad, let's open a restaurant here tomorrow." Relying on the Feng County magistrate's power, he still had to go around the corner. Since Aunt Qiu said that she just wanted to eat his family's food, she asked the Qiu family to cooperate with him and open a restaurant in the county town. It's good to come, now Aunt Qiu can't use this reason to blow the pillow wind anymore!

Moreover, according to what he saw, Magistrate Feng had a good impression of him, so he probably wouldn't listen to his Aunt Qiu's words, how he treated him, so he had to have a good relationship with Magistrate Feng.

Du Qingchen didn't know that the shopkeeper Qiu had given up his plans since he knew that he had a good relationship with Su Junxia. Even Aunt Qiu only mentioned it once at the beginning and never said it again. Be careful.

Outside the restaurant, Su Dong stood at the door and kept looking at the intersection where Du Qingchen came back, and finally waited for Du Qingchen and the two of them, and immediately happily trotted over, stood still, and looked at Du Qingchen up and down, there was no sign of torture, and his body was clean. , There is no problem at all, Su Dong is relieved.

"What are you looking at?" Du Qingchen laughed, "Don't worry, I'm a witness, and I helped the government arrest people. They won't give me a reward for being righteous and brave, and they won't do anything to me."

"That's no one. I am willing to enter the official yamen!" Su Dong said.

It is! Du Qingchen nodded, "Actually, our county is not bad, quite mild-mannered and good-natured. Have you heard of any brutal torture cases in our county over the years?"

Su Dong tilted his head and thought about it. , It doesn't seem to exist. Over the years, the county government seems to have not existed. I haven't heard of any cases, and I haven't heard of anyone who was tortured, injured, or had broken arms and legs. If Du Qingchen doesn't report to the official this time, they will Almost ignored the existence of the government.

"Let's go! Don't worry." Du Qingchen patted Su Dong on the shoulder.

Su Dong nodded.

At the same time, in the provincial capital, Liu Tai, Du Rulin, and Qiu friends also completed their exams and were waiting for the announcement in Tao Taishou's mansion. A maid invited them to the flower hall for a banquet.

You Qiu said solemnly: "Please allow us a moment, let us take care of it."

"Yes." The beautiful maid nodded respectfully and waited at the gate of the courtyard.

In the room, Qiu You immediately revealed his true shape and brought Qiu Jin, the four of them were nervous.

"My God, I've never attended a banquet like this, but what should I do?! What are we going to wear? If we go there, if the etiquette goes wrong and we lose face..." Liu Tai was the youngest, so he was restless. spin.

Qiu You had to restrain his nervousness and raised his hand to hold it down, "Don't panic, Tao Taishou invited officials and their families to a banquet, we were just incidental, and the reason why we were asked to go was also out of etiquette, we just went, just quietly Staying in a corner silently, nothing will happen, nothing will come out, and you can live in peace, so what if you are a high-ranking official? We even attended a literary meeting with Master Liu! We know the rules! We will not lose our manners."

"Is there a literary meeting held in Pingxing County? I remember that at the literary meeting, we ate mutton soup pancakes at the banquet. When we wrote poetry, there was not enough paper. In the end, the young squatted on the ground and scratched, oh, I I remember that Liu Tai wrote poems on the ground at that time, saying that it was to save paper." Du Rulin scolded people when he was nervous and talked a lot.

Qiu You choked, a few of them came from the countryside and suddenly came to the prefect's mansion. They were very uncomfortable at first, but Tao's attitude was gentle, and Tao Xiude helped to take care of them. It gradually got used to it, and the etiquette gradually became thoughtful, but this is a banquet!

The maid said that this was a banquet hosted by Tao Taishou for Han County officials and their families and friends! The people who come in and out are all dignitaries, famous families, and some of them country boys, going to such a banquet, they will definitely be out of tune! If nothing else, they don't even know where they should sit and stand! They have never been educated like this!