Chapter 85

"Brother Dong, Qingchen is here to write a letter." Mother Su met Butler Tao outside the small courtyard. After chatting a few words, she knew the other party's intention. She happily took the letter and ran back with her legs raised. They lived very well here. , Su Dong can also take care of the baby without worrying about food and clothing, but he is worried about Du Qingchen who is outside. Because of this, Su Dong has had nightmares several times, dreaming that something happened to Du Qingchen outside.

Su Dong covered his stomach with one hand and stood up from the chair. He didn't like going out of the courtyard on weekdays. He was afraid of causing trouble for others. Breathable.

Hearing Mother Su's words, Su Dong hurriedly greeted her, "Really?"

"Yes, hurry up, let me show you." Mother Su handed the letter to Su Dong with a beaming look on her face.

The others in the house also heard the sound. Seeing this, Butler Tao smiled and cupped his hands: "Is it okay for you to live here these days? If there is anything you need, you must tell the servants what you want to eat and wear. If you are playing or something, you must also say, don't be polite! Just treat it like your own home."

"The housekeeper is polite, we are all very well, and the Tao Mansion is always attentive. We are very grateful." Du Rulin said quickly.

"It should be, huh, how's the young master's review now? Is Master Xia's teaching okay?"

"All good, Master Xia is very knowledgeable, and I have benefited a lot."

"That's fine." Butler Tao nodded and turned again. Su Dong, holding the letter with a happy face, said, "Mrs. Du is pregnant, how can she sleep well these days? Do you walk around on weekdays? Although my Tao Mansion is not a high-rise mansion, it also has a nice garden. , If Madam Du has nothing to do, you can go and visit Jing'er to relax and strengthen your body. By the way, from tomorrow, I will ask the doctor in the house to ask Madam's Ping An pulse. I don't know if it is convenient?"

"This..." Su Dong was so flattered that he couldn't speak for a while.

Du Rulin hurriedly said, "Isn't that appropriate! My sister-in-law is healthy and doesn't feel any discomfort. How can you be like the masters of your mansion, why would you ask a doctor in the mansion to diagnose the Ping An pulse?"

"Yes, everyone is me. Dear guests of Tao Mansion! It's no exaggeration to be thoughtful, hehe..." Butler Tao laughed, "If that's the case, then I'll invite the doctor over tomorrow. Say goodbye, stay, don't send it!" Butler Tao backed out with a smile, preventing Du Rulin from sending people away.

Du Rulin didn't insist either. He was also curious about his brother's family letter. When everyone returned to the house, Mother Su said nervously, "I don't know what happened to Qingchen, but I don't know how I lived these days outside!"

Father Du also frowned, and his mother was worried. Although he was a father, he was both a father and a mother. He had two jobs, and his worries were doubled, but he was a man and had to be able to handle it, so it was not like Mother Su was so emotional.

Su Dong had already handed the letter to Du Rulin, "I don't recognize a few words, read them to you!"

Du Rulin also knew this, and he was the only one in the room who could recognize all the words in this letter without refusing. Instead, he took it over and cleared his throat. He glanced at the cover, and saw that it was written 'Dong Ge'er personally opened'. Du Rulin pouted. , They still have a large group of people here, such as themselves, who also want to receive a letter from my brother!

Du Rulin opened the cover and took out the letter paper inside. He was used to reading Du Qingchen's words, and Du Qingchen's writing has become better recently, at least he won't stray from the side of the line, or continue to write when he is crooked. , Although this word is ugly at first glance!

Du Rulin started to read, "Brother Dong, I have arrived in Yuan County, everything is fine, Master Tao takes good care of me, Master Shao is friendly and amiable, and the officials and officials he contacts are all upright and pure. "

Everyone in the room breathed a sigh of relief, as long as they didn't suffer any bullying.

Du Rulin continued: "Are you okay? Is the child in your womb okay? I have entrusted the people in Tao Mansion to take care of you. If you feel uncomfortable, don't be afraid to trouble others, and you must tell the people in Tao Mansion. , whether it is a doctor or lack of food and clothing, don't be polite to them, remember to put your own body first, all kindness, I can repay it. Because of my ability to do things, I have made a lot of credit recently. I want to come to Tao Mansion to treat you. Even better, you don't need to feel panic, just accept it with peace of mind."

"No wonder Butler Tao said that just now, and he has to find a doctor for Brother Dong to ask for the Ping An pulse. It was Qingchen who made a contribution outside?!" Mother Su said.

Father Du nodded, "Anyway, everything will be fine when Qingchen is away."

Everyone nodded their heads, and they must have done a good job!

Du Rulin continued to read: "But it's still a little uncomfortable. Although Yuan County is hot and dry, I feel cold in my heart. Do you know why?"

Everyone's hearts were raised, why? !

"Because this is a place without you... er..." Du Rulin couldn't read for a while, "Because without you, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I looked at the moonlight at night, even the moon was your face "

Everyone: ...

Su Dong's face is already flushed with shame, how can this kind of boudoir love story be written in a home book! Oh, by the way, this book seems to be written 'Dong Ge'er personally wrote', and it was written for him alone. Su Dong doesn't know much, but he knows some characters. He also learned from Du Qingchen. I thought that this letter would end up in Su Dong's hands, and Su Dong would read it by himself. After all, he didn't use any complicated words, even vernacular, which Su Dong could understand.

But who would have thought that it would be publicly executed.

Du Rulin's face was also a little red, but no one stopped him, so he could only continue to chant, "I gradually realized that being smart like me also has shortcomings, and that is the shortcomings of you."

Everyone: ...

Su Dong has already wanted to find a hole to get in. It's terrible to be surrounded by elders and listen to such a letter! Su Dong didn't know how to describe this feeling, but he felt extremely ashamed.

"You know what? I actually think you're a little too much, you're too cute, too charming, too gentle..." Du Rulin's face was already blushing, but he still read on instinctively, "I even think you are in Hurting me, causing me to like you so much..."

Du Rulin felt that something was cracking open in his heart, making a clicking sound, the image of his brother who was steadfast, resourceful, and as majestic as a mountain in his heart, At this moment, in the bottom of his heart, it collapsed.

Father Du coughed, and said calmly with the calmness of an old father: "Skip these over, is there anything else about us." The stinky son only writes letters to his wife! Up to now, he didn't even greet his lonely old father!

Du Rulin finally breathed a sigh of relief, hurriedly swept over the large paragraph of love words, went straight to the last page, and said, "Yes, yes! When I mentioned it, my brother said, ask daddy, ask daddy, and ask them to take care of themselves. , tell Ru Lin, don't study hard and go back and wait for a beating..."

This must not be his biological brother...

Speak! In the end, who did he and his brother pick up at home...

"No?!" Father Du was dissatisfied.

"No... No." Du Rulin said aggrieved, returning the letter to Su Dong, why did he take it over and read it! This is not a letter from home at all, it is for Su Dong alone.

Su Dong took it as soon as he took it, covered his chest, turned around and left, not daring to stay here any longer, the atmosphere was a little embarrassing for a while.

Du Rulin had to comfort him: "After all, we are all fine, and the Tao family is taking care of us. My brother is definitely not worried, but my sister-in-law is pregnant! My brother is worried that he is normal, and my brother also greeted us." Greetings he was beaten, Du Rulin was heartbroken.

Father Du shook his head and left. When his son got older, he really didn't want to be an old father anymore. He only thought about his daughter-in-law. Although Su's father and Su's mother were also embarrassed, they only had Su Dong in their hearts. Seeing that Du Qingchen was so good to their brother, they were only embarrassed. Feel at ease, but nothing.

In Yuan County, Du Qingchen sneezed heavily.

Tao Xiude raised his head vigilantly, "What's the matter? Could it be that you're sick? There's a shortage of doctors and medicines here, so you have to hold on!"

"It's okay, it's just that my nose is a little itchy. I don't know who is talking about me." Du Qingchen lowered his head again and continued to settle accounts.

Tao Xiude smiled, "Maybe it's a letter from home! The family is talking about you!"

Du Qingchen thought about it and thought it was possible, so he nodded.

Tao Xiude put the ledger in front of Du Qingchen, "Add oil well, we can go back when we finish distributing the food."

Du Qingchen nodded, "Don't worry." After speaking, he calculated again with a charcoal pen.

Tao Xiude watched for a long time, but he couldn't see the reason for Du Qingchen's quick calculation, so he couldn't help but ask, "What are you writing and drawing? You don't need abacus, but the calculation is fast, and I haven't seen it. What's wrong."

"Just the formula, you don't understand, I researched the gadgets myself, I rely on this to eat!" Du Qingchen chuckled, he didn't have the idea of ​​promoting Arabic numerals and their algorithms here. Being shocking the world, afraid of causing trouble, and secondly, there is no benefit, maybe you have to be a master to teach others, it is not tired enough. The only skills that you can learn by yourself are good, and Du Rulin can also learn it and use it to cope with the exam, but for others, forget it!

Tao Xiude heard that Du Qingchen didn't want to talk more, and didn't ask any questions. He was a person who wanted to take the formal imperial examinations, and he was not very interested in these tricks and tricks. He also said: "Okay! Anyway, you do the math, I can just be lazy and go to study for the exam."

Tao Xiude stretched and was about to slip out. Du Qingchen didn't stop him, anyway, he stayed. Can't help too much, let him study.

After half a month, the disaster relief came to an end, Tao Xiude and others finally got idle, Shao Qing was in charge of the overall situation, but it was not over yet, and Du Qingchen finally couldn't find a reason to owe Shao Qing's hot and sour noodles, after all, Shao Qing's position was high. Weight, a little tossing is fine, if it really makes the other party angry, then he will not have a good time.

Du Qingchen found a leisurely day, found a kitchen, and no longer needed his own small pot, so he made a pot of hot and sour noodles. There are really no fruits and vegetables in the kitchen. It's arid here, and even the well water is deep. The muddy water that comes up in it needs to sit for a while before it can be used, not to mention other things.

However, Du Qingchen still dug out a few potatoes, fried some fries, and fried a few dishes. There was still some jerky in his dry food. Du Qingchen also took it out and shredded and stewed the soup, filling a table full of dishes. It was placed in the flower hall of the government office, and only then did people invite Shao Qing, Tao Xiude and others.

In the study, Shao Qing stopped writing, "He invited me to dinner?"

"Yes." The servant said, "I said that I owe you a meal, and I have not had time to cook it. Now that I am free, I specially made it for you to taste. "

Shao Qing snorted coldly, it's not that he didn't know Du Qingchen's careful thoughts, he just didn't care about him, and he couldn't just ask Du Qingchen to put down the things he was doing and cook for him, just for the sake of one bite. You know, he thought that Du Qingchen was going to be vague about the past, but now he finally remembered it? !

"Okay, since Mr. Du finally remembers that he still owes me a meal, let's go take a look." Shao Qing stood up and ate the pickled vegetables for so long, even if he could endure hardship, he couldn't bear it I live and miss the extravagant days in the capital, but there is no such exquisite food in Beijing, it is not bad to change the taste. Shao Qing secretly swallowed his saliva in disbelief.

In the flower hall, Tao Xiude had arrived, and Su Junxia was with him. When they saw Shao Qing coming, they quickly turned around and saluted Shao Qing.

"Get up! You're welcome, you are on your own." Shao Qing sat down casually and looked around at the dishes on the table for a week. Although there were no delicacies from the mountains and seas, it was just a few simple soups, a few dishes of fried potatoes, and one person per person. The bowl of hot and sour noodles is next to the wowotou that he is about to vomit, but it looks quite rich, and life is afraid of comparison! Compared to what I have eaten these days, the meal in front of me is not bad.

Shao Qing raised his eyebrows, in a good mood, "Sit down! You're welcome."

Tao Xiude and Su Junxia also sat down, Du Qingchen took the wine and poured it for everyone, "This is the wine I brought, there is only one jar, I I just dug it out of the luggage, and I don't know what my mother thought, maybe because I didn't have enough luggage, she even asked me to take wine away." Du Qingchen smiled.

Shao Qing raised a glass and smelled it in front of his nose. At first, there was wine in Yuanxian County. Later, when things got too busy, he couldn't care about it. Later, he didn't know when the wine was drunk, but he didn't drink it. A few mouthfuls, and the small place is full of inferior wine, he is not very interested, but Du Qingchen's wine is good, even in the provincial capital, it is also one of the best in the provincial capital. .

Shao Qing raised his glass to indicate, "It's cheaper for me." After speaking, he drank it all.

"Master Shao is just fine." Du Qingchen smiled and said, "I have been busy before, but the promise of Master Shao has been delayed until now."

Shao Qing tapped lightly with his fingers on the table, and after a long time, he said, "You are busy, No problem."

Seeing this, Tao Xiude also inserted a sentence, "Yeah! Brother Du is indeed very busy. He is almost alone in the accounts these days, and he has not made any mistakes."

Shao Qing heard the words and said lightly. : "If he's the only one busy, what about you? What did you do?"

"Uh..." Tao Xiude smiled, "Didn't I steal my life for half a day?

" You are born to work hard, so you should prepare well for the exam, and I hope to see you in the officialdom soon." Shao Qing said.

When Tao Xiude heard the words, he stood up in surprise and bowed to Shao Qing, "I must live up to the expectations

of adults!" Does this mean that he is very optimistic about him? ! His Tao family is attached to the fifth prince, but the people under the fifth prince's family also have a distinction between high and low, which has to be used. The help of high power? ! It would be even better if he could say a few good words for him in front of the Fifth Prince!

"Where's Mr. Du? Do you want to enter the officialdom?" Shao Qing asked. Even though Du Qingchen was a little arrogant, he would be careful to target him, but Shao Qing was still optimistic about this person. One of the reasons he was optimistic about Tao Xiude was that he knew people by using people, and the people he brought were very reliable and useful. Du Qingchen hesitated and said, "I don't

study much, and I'm really incompetent. I can only be a small businessman."

"No problem! I still remember your goodness! Don't worry."

"Thank you sir." Du Qingchen cupped his hands.

Shao Qing didn't ask Su Junxia, ​​Su Junxia was not outstanding in terms of martial arts ability, and was not even as good as Gao Han, so it was not worth his questioning.

After a few people ate for a while, Tao Xiude asked, "I wonder what your plan is next?"

Shao Qing put down his chopsticks, "When the matter here is finished, you can accompany me to ask for rain, reorganize the government, and then return to the capital."

"Is it useful to ask for rain?" Du Qingchen had also seen Qiu in Pingxing County before. Rain is nothing more than a feudal superstition, but he can't say that, he just asks with a suspicious look. He feels that this time is not suitable for laboring the people and hurting the money.

"Whether it's useful, who knows! But it's just to give the people peace of mind and stabilize the people's hearts." Shao Qing can't say it himself. Anyway, he is skeptical, but the face-saving project that should be done is still to be done, but it is done for People just watch.

Du Qingchen nodded, unexpectedly Shao Qing didn't believe this much, which is quite rare in this era. Du Qingchen raised his glass and said, "Then I hope your lord prays for the rain to go well, and Han Jun will get over the drought soon."

Shao Qing raised his glass and touched him gently, "Your blessing." After speaking, he drank it with a smile.

Outside the flower hall, when everyone didn't notice, the sky was gradually covered with dark clouds, and there was a faint wind blowing. As Shao Qing drank the glass of wine, a thunder suddenly sounded, and a loud bang shook the world, and the three of them were shocked. , Immediately got up and walked out of the flower hall. Outside, the sky had already darkened, and it was a sign of heavy rain.

Shao Qing was pleasantly surprised, "Hahaha, it's going to rain!"

"It's finally going to rain." Tao Xiude said with emotion: "If you keep going, Han Jun will collapse." Han Jun collapsed, and his family also collapse.

"Congratulations, sir, it must have been your sincerity in begging for rain that moved the heavens, and that brought the heavy rain." Du Qingchen turned around and bowed to Shao Qing with a smile.

Only then did Shao Qing put some energy on Du Qingchen, raised his hand and patted his shoulder, and said, "Thank you for Ji Yan! You are lucky." .

Du Qingchen chuckled lightly, without explaining anything, his expression also loosened, it was raining, and he could go home.