Chapter 62

Everyone chatted for a while, each had something to eat, then got together and started to write poems, judged by Feng County magistrate and Liu Fuzi and other well-known scholars, while Du Qingchen and several other squires watched the fun, or took Give some bonuses to reward the best. Du Qingchen can also be called a country gentleman now, and naturally he also prepared a set of pen, ink, paper and inkstone as a trophy.

Unsurprisingly, this set of pen, ink, paper and inkstone fell into Liu Tai's hands. Although Liu Tai is young, he is indeed talented in poetry. Even Du Qingchen has to sigh with emotion. When it was impossible to ask for it, everyone congratulated Master Liu with their hands and envy him for having such an excellent son. Master Liu was also very proud, but there was a hint of sadness in this pride.

Du Rulin only got a piece of the lucky draw, which was prepared by the Qiu family. It was a wolf pen. Du Qingchen patted Du Rulin on the shoulder and expressed his approval.

Encouraged by his brother, Du Rulin was also a little excited, and everyone followed the county magistrate Feng to play along the river bank and go out on the green.

When they reached a stone protruding from the water, everyone stopped and pointed to the boulder protruding from the water. chat.

"Since the Chinese New Year this year, it hasn't rained yet. Although spring rain is as expensive as oil, it is rare, but at this time in previous years, the water level was not so low!" Master Liu frowned slightly.

Feng county magistrate also saw the huge boulder protruding from the water, but he was helpless and did not speak.

"There shouldn't be a drought this year!" Su Junxia froze for a moment, and directly pointed out this thing that everyone was worried about but no one dared to point out.

Su Junxia scratched his head blankly, what's the matter, can't tell the truth? Originally, as soon as the Nigou River dries up, there will be a drought, and this stone has become an early warning in the eyes of the surrounding people. If this stone is exposed to the water, it means that it is not a drought or a season of less water. They all know that .

"Haha everyone, don't worry about it, there is little rain in spring. Although it hasn't rained much before, it may rain heavily in a few days. Who can tell? Don't worry! Our county magistrate Feng manages well, we The people in the county are simple and kind, so we are naturally lucky." Shopkeeper Qiu laughed and laughed, giving Su Junxia a step down.

The atmosphere was also relaxed, everyone laughed whether they believed it or not, and someone said, "Yes! Our county is of course lucky. Last year, our county was out of the top three children in the county. This is not a blessing or a blessing. What?"

"That is, if you work hard, maybe you can come back with the top three! Haha..."

Everyone laughed. Of course, they didn't believe their own words. How could Tong Sheng be in the top three with Xiucai? Compared with the first three, most of Tongsheng are children, but there are many adults who have tried many times to participate. This is not a difficult task at all.

In any case, the topic of drought was resolved like this, and even the county magistrate Feng laughed happily, forgetting his hidden worries.

Du Qingchen frowned slightly and said nothing.

After the conference, Du Qingchen took Master Liu back to the town together. The rest of the tables, chairs, tableware and chopsticks were cleaned up by their own staff and pulled back in the car, so he didn't need to worry about it. Su Junxia originally had his own car, but because he mentioned the drought before and was beaten up by others, he always felt aggrieved and insecure, so he couldn't help but squeeze into Du Qingchen's carriage, wanting to talk to Du Qingchen .

In a carriage, there was Master Liu, Du Qingchen, Liu Tai, Du Rulin, Su Junxia, ​​Yang Liu and others. He also followed him out. He especially admired the three of Liu Tai, or in other words, since the three of Liu Tai won the middle school, these three people have become influential figures in the private school. Most students admire them very much. The idol is close, and Yang Liu is very happy.

The groom simply got out of the car and pulled the horse forward, while Liu Tai and Du Rulin sat on the carriage alone. Yang Liu was young and squatted in the middle. He looked left and right, there were idols on both sides. , I felt very happy, and laughed stupidly.

In the carriage, the three of them relaxed in an instant, and only then did they speak. Before Su Junxia could express his complaints and frustrations, Du Qingchen turned to Master Liu, whose brows had not yet loosened, and said, "Master, you are well-informed and live here. It's been a long time, do you think there will be a drought this year?"

"It's too early to say, the water level drops is a common thing, and it doesn't mean that every time the water level drops slightly, it must be a drought, just as the shopkeeper Qiu said, Maybe there will be heavy rain in a few days? It's just that we are too concerned."

Su Junxia opened his mouth and wanted to speak. Now Master Liu is also his master, and he is also practicing strokes and writing big characters, but he has other opinions. "Master, I think there's really a drought this year, but this day, it's not right! At this time in previous years, it rained at least two or three times, but now, it's not at all. The people in our village are fetching water to water the ground! The water level in the well has also dropped a lot."

"Then it's already dry, right?" Du Qingchen asked Master Liu.

Farmers are most sensitive to the weather. If there is no water in the fields for a day, the seedlings will wilt. They have to carry water to irrigate the fields, and they have to work hard. When the well water is finished and the river stops flowing, it will be a disaster. .

Master Liu sighed, he was just a useless scholar, so what would happen if there was a drought?

Everyone fell silent, without saying a word. Except for the carriage, Yang Liuliu, who was young, didn't notice anything. It was Du Rulin and Liu Tai, their brows also wrinkled and their hearts sank.

Back at the restaurant, Su Dong was sitting in the room with a plate of peach blossom cakes in front of him, eating it in small bites. He liked this dessert made by Du Qingchen, so he kept some for himself. Su Dong didn't expect Du Qingchen to come back so soon, and even caught the scene where he was stealing the food, he quickly stood up and blocked the dessert on the table, his face flushed with shame.

Du Qingchen chuckled, his worries about the drought have also dissipated a lot. If he has a small hamster that he loves to eat, it is a drought, and he has to bear it!

If a drought comes, the first thing to go wrong is actually the human heart, not the food.

Although the current government is not clear and bright, but the county magistrates are not wicked in their remote and remote places, and they can be safe and self-sufficient without any influence. Large and medium-sized households are willing to open warehouses and put food in, and they can barely survive this season.

Du Qingchen sighed to himself, and the next day, he went to find Su Junxia, ​​and the two went to Qiu's house together.

Qiu's house is a big mansion with three entrances and three exits. It is located in the town. Although Mr. Qiu is in his sixtieth year, he is still in good spirits. He heard that he and Su Junxia came together, and he personally greeted the main entrance.

In the living room of the Qiu family, Mr. Qiu was sitting on the top seat, and the shopkeeper Qiu was the first on the bottom left. There was a slightly younger man behind him, who was somewhat similar to the shopkeeper Qiu. He was probably Aunt Qiu's father and the second child of the Qiu family. .

Du Qingchen and Su Junxia were sitting opposite the Qiu brothers. They were treated like guests. Du Qingchen was able to hold on to the surface. He was neither humble nor arrogant, but he was indifferent. It was the first time that Su Junxia had seen such a battle, so he could only follow Du Qingchen in a daze. Action, how Du Qingchen saluted, he followed how he saluted, and also spontaneously took the initiative to sit under Du Qingchen, posing as if Du Qingchen was in charge of everything.

Mr. Qiu came from a poor and humble background, and he was in such a family business as he is now. No one dared to underestimate him. As soon as Du Qingchen and Su Junxia entered the door, Mr. Qiu guessed the purpose of the two, but he didn't say a word. Teacup smiled and invited the two guests to drink tea.

Du Qingchen said: "Master Qiu, you are highly respected and knowledgeable. Boss Su and I rush to the door today. It is really rude. Don't blame me. But this time, there are some things that cannot be confirmed. I am here to ask for your advice." Du Qingchen Nod.

"Oh?" Master Qiu smiled, looking at his kind eyes and kind eyes, he was just an old man enjoying his old age, but an old man who could send his granddaughter to the county magistrate as a concubine, even his son dared not even object to it. , I can't say, it can be seen that this old man is not as gentle and amiable as he looks on the surface, this is a businessman who is decisive in killing and has a vicious vision.

Du Qingchen smiled slightly and said, "Yesterday, we participated in a cultural meeting on the banks of the Nigou River, and we saw the boulder in the river sticking out of the water. Boss Su and I have heard from the elders since we were young, that the Nigou River is in the river. Once the rock above the water surface, the drought is coming. Boss Su and I are young and indifferent. We are really worried and at a loss, so I came to ask you specifically to see if you have any thoughts on this matter. What do you think? Do you think there will be a drought down there?"

"Nigou River!" Master Qiu laughed. He is a local and has lived here for more than 60 years. That boulder, most of the time, after seeing that boulder, a drought followed, only a few, and then it rained heavily, which eased. In his life, he has eaten grass roots, seen military chaos, and encountered natural disasters, but he has never seen anything.

Master Qiu took a slow sip of the tea, and Du Qingchen followed with a toast and took a sip, also slowly and not in a hurry. Are the crops in the field being watered now?" Master Qiu looked at Su Junxia.

Su Junxia is indeed sitting, the only person who cares about this matter and is aware of these matters, Du Qingchen hardly even has time to return to the village, how do you know this, but Su Junxia has nothing to do, often drinking and playing with the village brothers, So know clearly.

When Du Qingchen saw it, he knew even more that this Master Qiu, sitting at home, could know the affairs of the county and control everything in the Qiu family.