Chapter 71

Su Dong was a little surprised, did Du Qingchen mean to take the two of them to the provincial capital together?

"Will it be too..." Su Dong frowned, always feeling that it was a bit too much, whether it was for Du Rulin's exam or for him to have a child, it wouldn't be the case.

"If there is a drought, I'm afraid I won't be able to protect your mother and son." Under the famine, fellow villagers and clansmen can also become bandits and robbers, taking money and killing their lives. It is better to go to the provincial capital.

Thinking about it this way, this is actually a good way to retreat. Du Qingchen thought to himself that he had indeed made a lot of money selling hot pot ingredients before, enough to open a branch in the provincial capital to buy a courtyard. The branch will not be mentioned for the time being, but the courtyard is indeed Yes, you can buy one first. Du Rulin is going to take the exam, so he can live there first. And this year, the crops are almost dead. Father Du has nothing to do at home, and the atmosphere in the village is tense. Others know that his family has surplus money and food. It is better to send Father Du and Ru Lin to the provincial capital together. One is to prepare for exams and avoid disasters. Also avoid the danger in the village.

He doesn't want to think about his family from the worst angle, but what if? But if a person has bad intentions, the consequences are not something he can bear.

Thinking of this, Du Qingchen also made up his mind. Let others not mention it for the time being, Du Rulin and Du's father can be sent there first. If the drought is getting worse and worse, I'm afraid that even the official road will not be easy at that time. Prepare for the exam with peace of mind.

Thinking of this, Du Qingchen couldn't sit still, and wanted to ask Du Rulin what he meant. Du Rulin is now older, and he has more and more ideas of his own. In many things, Du Qingchen is not good enough to directly decide for him.

In Du Rulin's room, Du Qingchen told Du Rulin what he meant.

"Okay! But wait until May. If it doesn't rain in May, then Dad and I will go first. If it doesn't rain again, brother, you can come too!" Du Rulin replied after listening to Du Qingchen's words.

Du Qingchen thought for a while and nodded. If it doesn't rain in June, he can indeed run with his family first. If it really comes to July, the weather is getting hotter, but the rain has not yet fallen, and the crops in the field will definitely die first. Yes, I'm afraid that even drinking water will be a problem for the villagers at that time. It really is going to happen. When the time comes, if he distributes the food, he will be considered to have done his best. As for the rest, he can't care about that much.

Du Qingchen said: "Alright, I have to find a way to find a reliable person first to help us buy a yard in the provincial capital, so that you won't even have a place to stay when you go there."

Du Rulin thought about it . Thinking, said; "Boss Su?"

"Just him!" Du Qingchen put his palms together, Su Junxia needs to go to the Tao's house in the provincial capital to give gifts during the festivals, and he also sends dividends on weekdays. He goes to the provincial capital the most. And Su Junxia, ​​relying on the Tao family's face in the provincial capital, still has a few ways to find a house, it is easy for Su Junxia to find a house.

Thinking of this, Du Qingchen did not hesitate and went directly to the Su family. The Su family has now bought a new house. It is also a big yard, but Su Junxia is not so particular about it. of none.

After Du Qingchen entered, he saw Su Junxia sitting in the yard drinking with some of his gangster brothers. When Su Junxia saw Du Qingchen coming, he quickly raised his hand to say hello, "Boss Du is here, come here! Make room for Boss Du, Luo Qing, bring me another bowl and chopsticks, Boss Du is here!"

"Got it." Inside the room, Luo Qing answered loudly.

Du Qingchen walked over, and the others had given him a seat, so he sat down casually.

"Boss Du, drink!" Su Junxia poured a full bowl for Du Qingchen with the wine jug.

Du Qingchen picked it up and drank it. The alcohol content here is low. He also brewed wine before, but the time was too short, and it is not easy to open it now, but he is not afraid of this wine. Du Qingchen ate a bowl full of food in one gulp, which caused a lot of applause from the people around him. Du Qingchen smiled and said to Su Junxia, ​​"Boss Su, I have something to do with you!"

"What's the matter?" Su Junxia asked in confusion.

"The batch of grain in our hands was known by a passing imperial envoy. I'm afraid that our county will not be able to keep this batch of grain at that time, and we will cause trouble for it!" They are also Yijing, this batch of food from Boss Su is also their confidence, how can they not care.

Du Qingchen told Su Junxia about Shao Qing, and added: "Don't look at him now that he doesn't care about the food, if it really comes to a crisis, he will definitely force us to spit it out, but at that time, our county I also need this batch of food here! Moreover, if he suspects that we have kept it privately, I'm afraid that he will have to investigate us and search it out!"

Su Junxia panicked, he knew that things like stockpiling food were easy to attract. Come to trouble, watch it now! It's really troublesome!

"Then what should I do, Boss Du?" As soon as Su Junxia lost his mind, he habitually asked Du Qingchen for his opinion.

"The people don't fight against the officials, we just do our best. I want to buy a house in the provincial capital. As soon as I come, Ru Lin will have an exam. If the weather keeps getting so dry, I'm afraid that the official road will be difficult to walk. They are all victims and robbers. It's better to go earlier and prepare for the exam in the provincial capital. Second, Su Dong is pregnant. I am not worried that he will stay here. If it doesn't rain in another two months, I plan to take him to the provincial capital. , until he gives birth to a child, so that he can take care of his health and avoid drought."

"Your husband is pregnant! Congratulations! When did Luo Qing... ah wrong! What about me? What should I do?!" Su Junxia asked road.

"If you are willing, why not buy a house? Set up Luo Qing and Yang Liu?"

"Then, where's the food? Where are the villagers? What about my brothers?!" Su Junxia pointed to a group of people around him, and everyone immediately looked at Du Qingchen, wanting to hear what he had to say.

This Du Qingchen has probably thought about it, "If you are not afraid of losing money, how about we wait for a month and disperse the food before the disaster relief at the imperial court? If the imperial envoy asks for the food, we will only say that it has been distributed, can he still go from house to house? Can't they be recovered from door to door?" In fact, this question is also simple, as long as they disperse the grain before the imperial envoy speaks.

"This...if he still suspects that we are staying privately?"

"We were already in the provincial capital at that time, how could he go to the provincial capital to trouble us for such a thing?"

"Also!" Su Junxia scratched his head, "But I always feel that we have left the villagers behind."

"What can you do if you stay? Eat more food? If you really want to help, you might as well give money to the village now. People are digging deep wells!" Du Qingchen smiled. Magistrate Feng will not do this, but if you contribute money and efforts, there will be follow-up troubles and you need to take responsibility. Magistrate Feng has always avoided it.

"Drilling a deep well?! This is a way! At least the villagers will not starve to death if they have enough food. As long as they don't die from thirst, they won't be afraid of a famine!" Su Junxia put his palms together.

Du Qingchen was taken aback for a moment, "Are you really going to pay? Do you know how much money would be needed for dozens of villages in our county to drill deep wells?" Neither he nor Su Junxia could afford the money.

"Then just dig a few! I'm digging a well in Sujia Village, and you dig a well in Dujia Village. Let's take care of our own village first. If we leave this way, we can feel more at ease."

"Hey! Wait! What does it have to do with me, my family is the thinnest, it's not as good as you and the Qiu family, one has accumulated for many years, the other has the Tao family to rely on, I have three shops, let me go!" Du Qingchen waved his hands again and again, he can buy food, he has already counted The strength is gone.

"Not a single one? You just left?!" Su Junxia raised his eyebrows and asked.

"Uh... just one." Du Qingchen raised his finger to indicate.

"Success! Hehehe..." Su Junxia laughed.

"Buying a house?"

"Leave it to me. I am familiar with the provincial capital. When the time comes, I will buy two houses, and we will be next to each other." Su Junxia replied.

"Remember to prepare enough food. I'm afraid that when the time comes, the price of food will increase in the provincial capital." Anyway, the food is not bad for a year or two. If you buy some and put it in the courtyard of the provincial capital, you can feel more at ease .

After Su Junxia agreed, Du Qingchen left.

A month has passed, but there has not even been a light rain in Pingxing County, and the river has almost stopped flowing. It can even flow through the shallowest part. Fortunately, there is still water in the well, and there is no problem with the villagers' draught. After unilaterally fighting with him for half a month, Master Liu was forced to start encouraging people to dig deep wells and store food. Only then did Master Liu want to make peace with him. Du Qingchen and Su Junxia took advantage of this opportunity to sell food at cost price. scattered out.

Now that the restaurant has almost no customers, Du Qingchen asked Du Rulin and Father Du to follow him to the provincial capital while Su Junxia was going to the provincial capital, so as to avoid any danger on the way and take care of each other.

"Brother, do you want to take your sister-in-law now? Let's go to the provincial capital together. I don't think we need to wait any longer. We can leave now." Du Rulin said to Du Qingchen with his luggage on his back.

"It's okay, Su Dong is less than three months old, so it's not easy to go out, because I'm afraid that the fetal gas will move. Besides, the Su family is not willing to leave now. Besides, Master Liu and others..." Du Qingchen also had no choice. After leaving with everyone, Du Qingchen paused for a while, and then Du Qingchen said: "No hurry, if the drought continues in the future, I will go to the provincial capital with Boss Su, and there is no hurry at this time."

Du Rulin glanced at Su Junxia next to him, and had no choice but to nod. This was what they had discussed before. This time Su Junxia was just for business, and he would still come back. When that time comes, Du Qingchen will go to the provincial capital with him.

After another month, the drought became more and more serious. Du Qingchen persuaded Su's father and Su's mother to go to the provincial capital together. Master Liu was thinking about Liu Tai, who was going to take the exam. Going together, the group set off towards the provincial capital under the protection of Su Junxia and others.