Chapter 64

It was April, and there was only a few light rains in Pingxing County. As expected, the drought came, and the business of Du Qingchen's restaurant became worse and worse. Even if it didn't rain, the merchants felt anxious. Leisurely to go to a restaurant, let alone ordinary people.

On this day, the door was also closed early. Du Qingchen let the guys go back to irrigate the land. These people have farmland at home. Even at night, the few wells were overcrowded, and villagers lined up to fetch water from the wells and rush into the fields.

Du Qingchen reassured everyone and told them to come later. Anyway, there are no customers in the store these days, so he and Su Dong can hold on. If there is any urgent matter, it is okay not to come. The guys are grateful and go back separately. home.

Su Dong walked out of the backyard, "Don't we need to go home and water the ground?"

Du Qingchen turned around, shook his head and smiled bitterly, "It's okay, Dad said, our family doesn't lack the food in the field now, so don't let me and Rulin follow Watering the land, this season's crops, forget it!" He wants to do business, and Du Rulin wants to review, which are all important things, Du's father is not as petty as before, and he can distinguish the priorities of many things.

Su Dong nodded, with a sad face, because Du Qingchen can make money and there is a lot of food in the house, so there is no need to water the ground, but the Su family still needs it. Although the parents are healthy, they have dozens of Mu of fields can't be irrigated! He was afraid that his parents would work day and night without resting to water the fields more.

Su Dong thought of this and said to Du Qingchen, "I want to go home and have a look, okay?"

In the past few days, there are almost no customers in the restaurant, even the businessmen passing by in the county have no heart to go to the restaurant to eat and drink. There is no money for food. At this time, in a place like a restaurant that spends money and enjoys it, the business is the first to be affected, so he will go home for a while, and will not delay the restaurant business.

Du Qingchen just wanted to nod his head, but then he thought, "Is your family watering the ground now?"

Su Dong lowered his head and stopped talking. After all, the Su family is the Su family. Unless the old and sick can't move, they won't come to rely on Du Qingchen. Therefore, the Du family is rich, not the Su family. Then, Su's father and Su's mother must be watering the house at this moment! But Su Dong didn't want to tell Du Qingchen. He was afraid that Du Qingchen would listen to him. He would either give him money and let him go back, hoping that his parents would give up the food for this season, or accompany him to go back to water. .

He can go back by himself!

Su Dong raised his head and smiled, "No! After all, my family has a lot of land and there are so few wells in the village. Where can I pour it? Besides, my family's savings are okay, but my parents shouldn't. I just go back and have a look."

He The fact that the family has a lot of savings is because of Su's father and Su's hard-working and capable, so they will not give up this season's food!

Hearing this, Du Qingchen nodded slightly. His mind is now full of drought and restaurant business, but he doesn't have such a delicate mind to think so much. It's better for Su Dong to go back and have a look. , After a full month of tossing and passing through many merchants, they bought almost enough food and stored them in their own warehouses.

Du Qingchen's grain is hidden in his house. His yard is very large. He has also built a new house these days, but it has never been used. Now that he has bought grain, it happens to be temporarily used as a granary. It is precisely because of this. Father Du had the confidence to say that he would give up this season's grain, because his family's stock of grain was almost enough for their entire village to endure this season's drought, and Father Du was naturally not afraid.

Su Dong was so happy that he drove the ox cart by himself that day, and brought the gifts that Du Qingchen had prepared for him, such as bacon, vegetables, rice noodles, and the like, and returned to Sujia Village.

In Sujia Village, almost everyone is fighting against drought at the moment, even children of a few years old are also ignorant, holding pots and wooden basins at home, and transporting water to the ground every once in a while. Some of them are still holding water while walking and joking, not so sad as adults.

If Du Qingchen saw this scene, he would probably feel sad and helpless. In this era, there are no glue pipes and no water pumps. It is all about manpower to fetch water from the well and transport it to the fields for irrigation. This tiny amount of water has almost no effect on the drought. , but for farmers, as long as one more seedling survives, they can receive a little more grain, and they are not willing to give up.

"Su Dong is back? Your parents are not at home right now, they are watering the fields east of your house!" The neighbouring villagers with fields next to each other saw Su Dong coming back with an ox cart, wiped their sweat and said hello , his eyes fell on the ox cart, and he smiled enviously: "Oh, this is what my uncle asked to bring back! This brother Dong has a good life, don't look at not getting married for so many years, this marriage is better than Others are married thousands of times better, even if the crops in your family are all dead, it's okay! Such a good young lady, how can you still care whether your parents are not?"

Su Dong lowered his head and responded with a umm After making two noises, he raised his hand and tugged at the cloth covering the bullock cart. The wind had just opened it, and he didn't notice it, only to reveal what was underneath.

"What are you doing? Such a good uncle, you should let other people see it, be jealous, and be ashamed of those sons-in-law who only care about watering their own house and forget about the father-in-law's family, isn't this all dad! I don't want to worry about the hard work here."

Su Dong didn't speak, the villager who was talking to him also had a brother's child and was married, so he probably didn't come to help, that's why he said such rude words. However, Su Dong can also understand that the villagers in the eight townships of ten miles and eight villages, except for Du Qingchen, who has the confidence to help others with watering, if the Du family is farming at the moment, it is him, I am afraid that he will not be able to It is reasonable to come back to help.

Su Dong drove the ox cart home, and the door of the house was closed, but Su Dong knew where the keys of the house were usually hidden, so he opened the door and pulled the ox cart in, tied it and unloaded the car. , By the way, he changed his body to a quick bunt, took the bucket and locked the door and went to the field to the east.

There are only a few wells in the village. If you go to the east of the village, the closest one is the one in the east of the village. Su Dong took a bucket and went to queue at the wellhead. The wellhead was full of people, like a lively market, but everyone was tired. It's unbearable, although he is talking loudly, most of the conversations are related to the weather, and the more you talk, the more frightening you are.

"Brother Dong, why are you back? Where's Du Qingchen?" Mother Su carried the pole and pushed the people around Su Dong away and forced her into it.

"Hey! This is the queue!"

"My brother occupies a place here, can't you!" Su's mother stared, and the village woman behind her rolled her eyes, turned her head and stopped talking, not to say that Su's mother was domineering She is used to being pungent, and other people generally dare not provoke her, but Su Dong is indeed standing in front of her, and Mother Su is justified. Many villagers are afraid of tired children and want to carry more water, so they let their children When Mother Su said that, she couldn't refute the people who came to occupy the seat and queued up.

"Mother, I thought you must be watering, so I came back to help." Su Dong replied.

Mother Su looked around for a week and didn't see Du Qingchen, so she asked.

"Qingchen still has to take care of the shop! The Du family can't care about their own land, where can they come from here? I'm going to water the water or hide it from him. I just say that I'm visiting relatives, so that he won't be embarrassed." Su Dong Reply.

Mother Su was stunned and sighed, she could understand, but Mother Su still touched Su Dong's head distressedly, "Since the Du family wants to take care of the store, you are now the Du family, so what do you do when you come back? It's not tired enough! Let me tell you, fetching water is the most tiring job, and it requires a lot of effort, how can you have that kind of strength with your body, if Su Nuan..."

Mother Su's face became colder, and she silently shut her mouth. Even though Su Nuan is strong, her family can't afford such a precious master, so let's not mention it!

"It's okay, I can choose less." Su Dong also knew that he was not strong, but he really wanted to help.

Mother Su finally sighed and accepted Su Dong's kindness.

After they were lined up, Mother Su drank two buckets of water and carried them on a pole, while Su Dong could only move one bucket, so she swayed from side to side with difficulty, followed behind Mother Su with the bucket, and went to the ground with the flow of people. go.

Du Qingchen thought that Su Dong would come back soon, but Su Dong didn't go home that day, and he was a little strange, but he just thought he was living in his parents' house, and he didn't think much about it. He never thought that after his daughter-in-law married him I can't go back to my parents' house. After all, it's the home where Su Dong has lived for nearly 20 years. It's okay to stay home for a few days.

Du Rulin returned to the restaurant after leaving the private school, but did not find any trace of Su Dong. He even asked Du Qingchen, and Du Qingchen told him that Du Rulin had other opinions on this.

"Sister-in-law is going back to help the family fetch water!" Du Rulin said with almost certainty.

"Carrying water?" Although Du Qingchen has been living in the village for almost a year, but because he has never encountered a drought, and he was seriously injured in the previous busy farming season, Du Qingchen could not imagine the hard work of farmers going to the fields. , it is difficult to be like Du Rulin, with such a consciousness, to be able to realize the state of the Su family at the moment.

But when Du Rulin mentioned this, he suddenly realized, "Su Dong went back to help with fetching water!"

"Yes, our family gave up this season's crops, but the Su family still has to plant the land, and it must be watering at the moment. !"

Du Qingchen thought of returning home a few days ago and seeing the busy and tired and anxious villagers in the village, and suddenly became anxious, "No, I have to go and see!" Du Qingchen thought of going.

"Brother! Are you going to open a shop tomorrow?" The guys don't know if they can still come, even if there are only one or two customers, the restaurant also needs to be looked after! Du Qingchen left like this again, and he was the only one in the restaurant.

"It's alright, if I can't come back, the store will close first! Anyway, it's not just our family that is closed on the street, it's not surprising!" Du Qingchen ordered, and went to Sujia Village before it was dark.