Chapter 150

The third prince staggered and left the palace, wanting to leave the palace gate, but happened to meet Qi Cheng and Jiang Chuan who wanted to enter the palace together, Qi Cheng smiled when he saw the third prince, "Just in time to ask His Highness for a ruling, Cang Wenmao In the case of embezzling official silver and causing the loss of official bank in Jiangmeng County, I don't know if His Highness has figured out when to convict?" The

third prince raised his head, even though he was at a disadvantage, he was also a son of the royal family, so he couldn't lose face!

The third prince curled his lips, "The Dali Temple hasn't investigated the case yet, so Marshal Qi is too anxious. Besides, you are a military general, and the corruption trial has nothing to do with you."

"Naturally." Qi Cheng smiled and nodded, "I There are other important things to look for to His Highness. This year's military salaries and households have been detained so far, can His Highness give you a reminder to send the money? When you fight in the army, you can't let your soldiers bleed and you can't even get your salaries."

"The Ministry of Household said that the national treasury is in short supply. When the tax revenue of Xi'an County and other counties is received, the army will be paid down. It is better for Marshal Qi to help urge your people to see when the tax money will be delivered?"

"His Royal Highness . Just kidding, Wei Chen is a military general, and taxation is a matter of the household, and Wei Chen dare not go beyond the rules." Qi Cheng cupped his hands.

The third prince gritted his teeth secretly, these days, these people under the fifth prince's family, while trying their best to find evidence of his people's crimes, suppress his people, and at the same time give him all kinds of obstructions to prevent him from doing things, the prefect of Xi'an County is the old man The fifth person, he deducted the tax and did not turn it in, and Qi Cheng pressed for military pay, but the person in charge of the household department was also the fifth one. !

Jiang Chuan stared blankly at the third prince, but for a few days, he felt that the third prince had lost weight and couldn't help feeling distressed.

Qi Cheng glanced at Jiang Chuan and said, "General Jiang seems to have something to look for His Highness, so I will leave first." With that, Qi Cheng quickly left, leaving only the third prince and Jiang Chuan.

The third prince unconsciously sighed in relief, Qi Cheng was aggressive, and he didn't want to face him. As for Jiang Chuan... Although he didn't really want to face him, at least so far, Jiang Chuan didn't cause him any trouble. , I don't know if the fifth man can't order him or if he doesn't want to go against him, anyway, it's better than face to face.

The third prince straightened his chest, put on a serious look, and asked, "What do you have to do with me? Is it also military pay?"

Jiang Chuan quickly shook his head, "No no no! Our military pay can be issued later, no hurry, if you can't adjust it. When you get the money, just take it slow."

"Oh." The third prince nodded, and sure enough, he felt right, Jiang Chuan just didn't mean to go against him, and I don't know what he said to the fifth, he sometimes I don't understand whether Jiang Chuan has taken refuge with the fifth child. After all, he doesn't seem to have done anything for him!

The third prince tilted his head for a while, but couldn't figure it out clearly. When he was about to leave, Jiang Chuan raised his hand and grabbed the third prince's arm, frowning instantly, "You've lost weight." "Let

go!" His hand, turned around, "The forbidden area in the palace, show me some respect! If there is nothing wrong, my Highness will leave first."

"Actually... the border is really good. The people on our side are simple and warm, and they are also engaged in business. There is no shortage of silk, silk, gold, silver and jade, you can eat what you want, wear what you want, I can get it for you, and if you can't get it, I will send it from the capital!" The

third prince laughed angrily . "I don't have any other pursuits except food, clothing, housing, and transportation, right? You didn't understand what I said to you last time!"

"I listened, I understand what you mean." Jiang Chuan hurriedly said: "But I think it's not a wise move to do things that can't be done. If you retreat, you should retreat, and now, although the fifth prince is deliberately making trouble for you, the matter of the court is that there is no fifth prince deliberately doing it. After all, it won't be much easier, besides..."

Jiang Chuan looked around, listened carefully, and made sure that no one was there before he said: "The treasury is empty and the government is chaotic. It cannot be rectified overnight. Why should you rob such a mess? Leave it to the fifth prince to worry about it, it's not good. "Is it okay

to give your life to someone else?" The third prince sneered, "Don't bother me, I'm busy!"

"Even if you become an emperor, this life will not be easy, how can you control the fifth prince? Can't kill all of these people under your command? And the ones under your command, few of them are most useful, the court is up and down, who can you use to rule the country?!" Jiang Chuan said in a low voice.

The third prince glanced at Jiang Chuan coldly, "Have you finished talking nonsense?"

Jiang Chuan fell silent, this was his sincere words.

"What you said, do you think I can't think of it?" The third prince smiled sarcastically and pointed to himself, "I'm not stupid! I know what I'm doing."

He was born in the royal family, and he is the heir apparent. If you don't fight, you will die! Even if he doesn't like that position, in order to survive and live well enough, he must fight for it. He has no other way to go. As for the difficulty of running a country, who doesn't know? But who made his mother give birth to him in the royal family instead of the ordinary rich family? !

The third prince waved his hand and left, no longer paying attention to Jiang Chuan.

"I will always save you." Jiang Chuan said in a low voice.

"Cut!"

...

The Fifth Prince's Mansion, Du Rulin asked to see the fifth prince, the court has become more and more chaotic recently, but the fifth prince is more humble and docile, as if the ups and downs in the court have nothing to do with him, he reads and writes at home every day, and occasionally goes to the palace I handed in a few copies of the filial piety scriptures that he copied by hand, and the characters got better and better, with a bit of charm.

"Rulin is here, sit down." As soon as the door of the study opened, Du Rulin was stopped by the fifth prince with a smile, and asked the servant to put the stool.

After Du Rulin responded, before he could sit still, the fifth prince said, "Come here and see how I'm doing with my calligraphy? Can I still catch my eye?"

Du Rulin immediately got up, walked to the desk, and saw the table On the paper he was writing, the four characters of 'benevolence, righteousness, courtesy and filial piety' were written, vigorous and strong, and the force penetrated the back of the paper.

"Your Highness is a very good word." Du Rulin hid his thoughts, but couldn't find any new words to praise him.

The fifth prince did not expect Du Rulin to say anything about him, so he put down his pen and said, "After all, I have been reading books at home for so long. If there is no progress, how can I live up to my father's expectations?" The

emperor's expectations of you should not be Let you really read and write at home, right? It even worked out. Du Rulin did not answer.

"Now, my words have a bit of tolerance, and the royal father should feel at ease." The fifth prince sighed.

Du Rulin was stunned, what's the peace of mind? What does practicing calligraphy have to do with peace of mind? ! When do you need the words of the fifth prince to reassure the emperor.

"By the way, what's the matter with you coming to me?" The fifth prince asked with a smile.

Du Rulin didn't ponder what the fifth prince's words had to do with An Xin, and instead said: "Yes... there is a small matter."

"Tell me? If there is anything I can help, I will do my best."

"No No! There is a small matter that I want to report to His Highness... Caomin has a good friend named Liu Tai, and now..." Du Rulin slowly chose the words and made a sentence, thinking over and over in his heart before he dared to say it.

The fifth prince sat down and chuckled lightly, "Are you talking about the little son Liu next to the father? He is a very interesting person. He also rescued the imperial doctors from the Imperial Hospital before. If he hadn't stopped him, the father would have At least half of the emperor will be killed, and only half will be kept for his own treatment."

Du Rulin hurriedly knelt down and gave a big salute before saying, "Your Highness Mingjian, Liu Tai has a pure, kind and simple nature. He grew up in the countryside since childhood. I don't understand anything."

"Yeah! If you don't have a loyal heart, a simple personality, and a clean history, how can you make your father so trustworthy in a short period of time?" The fifth prince smiled, "If Lin told me today When I mentioned this person, did he mean it?"

Because it wasn't Liu Tai's original intention, Du Rulin didn't know how to open his mouth. If Liu Tai wanted to surrender to the Fifth Prince, he would definitely be very confident, and he would just take the merits. When he came, why would he be so hesitant? The reason why he mentioned Liu Tai to the fifth prince was that if the fifth prince was really in power someday, he would not hurt Liu Tai and misunderstood him as someone of the eighth prince.

Du Rulin was speechless for a while.

The fifth prince sighed, "Of course Ru Lin has a good heart, but I'm afraid your friend is not appreciative."

"Since His Highness knows him, you can understand that he is indeed a person who has no other thoughts, and he just obeys orders! The

fifth prince nodded, "That's true, don't worry, I won't misunderstand him." The fifth prince chuckled, "If he needs any help from me, I'm willing to do my best, after all, he is like a forest. My friend!"

Du Rulin breathed a sigh of relief and wanted to thank him, when he heard the fifth prince add, "There's another one called Qiu You, right? It's rare to see a friend as good as the three of you, so he Even if it's a real brother, it makes me a little envious."

Du Rulin froze for a moment, but thanked him with his hands.

"If Young Master Liu is convenient, can you do me a favor?"

Du Rulin was stunned.

"My father wants me to study at home, which is naturally a business, but my father is seriously ill, and as a son, I can't serve and feed medicine in front of the bed. No matter how concerned he is about his father's health, it is difficult to know his father's condition. If he wants, can he send me a letter occasionally to let me know some of his father's physical condition?"

Du Rulin knew that Liu Tai would definitely refuse, Gong Gong said. Internal information cannot be spread outside, so the fifth prince does not know, can Liu Tai be able to do it? The fifth prince still wants Liu Tai to fall to him!

But Du Rulin made up his mind and cupped his hands: "Caomin will definitely tell Liu Tai when he goes back, please rest assured, Your Highness." The

fifth prince smiled and nodded, "That would be troublesome."

After Du Rulin retreated, the dark guard jumped down. Just as he was reporting the news from the palace, Du Rulin asked to see him, so he hid it. Now that Du Rulin is gone, he came out. I'm afraid he won't be used by His Highness because of his character and behavior, and besides, he's just a favorite after all, I'm afraid he won't have access to secrets."

An unwilling and unwilling emperor who can't access secrets The existence of the favorite minister, why waste this tongue. Their eyeliner in the palace can find more things than Liu Tai.

The fifth prince took the words on the table, revealing the various confidential letters below, and said, "I don't really want to do anything with him, that's just for him to hear."

Du Rulin went home and explained the matter. Telling Liu Tai, Liu Tai exploded instantly, "I don't need you to do this! I can't spread the news in the palace!"

"I know!" Du Rulin said quickly: "The fifth prince doesn't really expect you to do anything. , he must have his own eyeliner!"

Liu Tai thought about it and thought it was reasonable, so he sat down honestly, "Then why did he say this?"

"He was afraid that I was going to ask for mercy without telling you, so let me tell you, I begged him, and he agreed, let you understand..." Du Rulin's eyes flashed, "Whether you want it or not, you have to By his love..."

Liu Tai was speechless for a moment, and then asked again, "Then if he asks you what news I sent back, how would you answer?"

"Your Majesty's illness has not recovered, the situation is unknown!" Du Rulin said as a matter of course. , Isn't this something that everyone in the capital knows about, and what the fifth prince needs to know, isn't that the same thing.