Chapter 118

In the capital, Du Qingchen and his party traveled for a few days before finally arriving. Su Nuan received the news and came to pick him up early. Du Qingchen helped Du's father out of the carriage, while Su Dong supported Su's mother. The elderly and those with poor health are almost always motion sickness. On the contrary, the hair egg balance function is very good. Although he is young, he has no reaction to the bumpy carriage.

Du Rulin followed with Mao Dan, and also got off the carriage. Su Nuan said a few words to the Su family, and then smiled and led everyone into the city.

Du Qingchen looked around for a week and asked, "Where's Marshal Qi?"

"He's busy! He will get married in a few days. Besides, there is no reason to meet me before getting married, so he didn't come." Su Nuan said.

Du Qingchen nodded.

Su Nuan said, "I've been living in the house you bought, Brother Du these days. It's quite big! I didn't expect you to buy such a big house for me to marry me." Su Nuan was embarrassed scratched his head.

Du Qingchen said: "It should be." And it's just for use, not for you.

Su Nuan also understands, but he is still very happy! If he can get married from his mother's family, instead of living in his own private house or Qi Cheng's private house and marrying into the Qi mansion, he can be more justifiable.

Everyone went all the way back to the mansion that Du Qingchen bought. It was quite a big mansion. The gate had been replaced with a plaque, and it said Du Mansion, which surprised both Su's father and Su's mother and Du's father. They were used to the small courtyard in Han County. , I really didn't expect Du Qingchen to buy such a big place in the capital to marry Su Nuan.

Mother Su looked at Du Qingchen gratefully, and she knew that what Du Qingchen had promised would be done very well. Now that Su Nuan is married and others come here to welcome her relatives, she will not laugh at them and laugh at Brother Nuan for being poor and lowly. .

When everyone entered the courtyard, a group of servants, men and women, saluted everyone, Du Qingchen's face was a little ugly for a moment, Su Nuan quickly said: "These are my servants, and I will marry me to the Qi Mansion in a few days, such a large courtyard. , I want to get married, and I need help, so I called over, Brother Du, you should buy some servants by yourself in the future, so that you can take care of the courtyard."

"You still need to buy servants!" Mother Su looked complicated, she couldn't enjoy this. The old lady's blessing always feels strange and uncomfortable.

Du Qingchen nodded, these are not the servants that Su Nuan intervened to arrange for the yard. This is the Du family's yard, and it will be left to Du Rulin in the future. He doesn't want the servants here to be placed by outsiders. not feeling well. It's good that Su Nuan is well-rounded, and he's also the protagonist anyway. There is still some sense of proportion, and Du Qingchen is relieved.

Within the scope of not violating the regulations, the Du Mansion can be regarded as rich and luxurious, and it is also quite elegant and soft like a water town in the south of the Yangtze River. It is indeed necessary to take care of servants, Du Qingchen felt that he had to buy a few servants.

Everyone rested in the mansion, and they were tired and tired all the way.

The next day, the things that Su Junxia entrusted to be delivered to the door, the guy from the Jingcheng Treasure Pavilion bowed to Du Qingchen and said, "Boss Su asked us to store some things for Boss Du in the store, Boss Du Have you received the letter?"

Du Qingchen nodded, Su Junxia helped him find a lot of good things from all over the world, the total price was about 3,000 taels, and the remaining 2,000 taels was to be used as money for pressing the bottom of the box. For Su Nuan.

The dude laughed, since Du Qingchen received the letter, he must be aware of what was in it. Naturally, they would not dare to intercept it, but it is a good thing to be able to hand over it clearly. After all, there are a few things here that belong to their Treasure Pavilion. Woolen cloth!

"Then can Boss Du want to check it now?" The guy motioned to the person who carried the box behind him to lift the box up, and said, "Boss Du, please."

Du Qingchen stepped forward and lifted the lid of the box. He saw that there were many small boxes, big and small. Du Qingchen picked the largest one and opened it. Inside was a white jade Buddha, which was a full foot high. It was carved from a single piece of material. This was also mentioned by Su Junxia. He found it from other places and bought it for a thousand taels of silver.

Du Qingchen closed the lid and opened another box, which was a set of head masks used by the elder brother from the Treasure Pavilion.

Du Qingchen took a rough look and said, "Boss Su and I both believe in the reputation of the Treasure Pavilion, so we don't need to check it carefully." After checking it, he couldn't recognize whether these were true or false. He didn't have the eyesight.

However, the Treasure Pavilion is very clear that this batch of things is to add makeup to Marshal Qi's wife, and they don't dare to do anything in it even if they have the guts. Besides, their own reputation is also important! The man smiled and said, "That's right, the reputation of our Treasure Pavilion is very good in the capital. Since Boss Du has checked this list, I also ask Boss Du to sign this list, which means we hand it over to Boss Du." Du

Qingchen He nodded, took it, and wrote his name with the pen handed by the servant before returning it to the other party.

After finishing the errand, the guy in the treasure pavilion also said goodbye and left. Only then did the family come forward, and Father Su said in surprise, "What are these?"

"To add makeup to Brother Nuan." Du Qingchen smiled.

"It's too precious." Although Father Su didn't know the value of these things, he was not stupid. He could see that these things were extraordinary and must be extremely valuable.

Du Qingchen said: "In a few days, Brother Nuan gets married, and we also need to have makeup that we can afford! Parents, don't worry about this little thing, you can just wait for the marriage to Brother Nuan with peace of mind. "

Su Nuan stood to the side blankly, seeing Du Qingchen was about to leave, she hurriedly stepped forward and said, "Thank you, Brother Du."

"You're welcome, there's still 2,000 taels of silver for the bottom of the box, I'll give it to you later."

Su Nuan didn't know what to say for a while, and after a while, she asked, "Will this be too much? ?"

He is different from Su's father and Su's mother. He has been in the capital for so long, and he has never seen anything good, so when Du Qingchen inspected the things, he looked at it in general, plus Du Qingchen said the two thousand taels of pressing the bottom of the box, he also It can be roughly estimated that Du Qingchen spent about five or six thousand taels of silver for his marriage, but is it worth it?

He invited his family to come because they were there when he got married, not to force them to pay so much money. However, he invited his family to come, can they give a penny? Su Nuan was at a loss. Is he wrong and not thinking comprehensively enough? !

No matter what Su Nuan thought, it was impossible for Du Qingchen to return the things that Du Qingchen had already bought. Su Nuan had to choose some good things from his own, pretending to be a gift for Mao Dan and giving them to Su Dong, of course, This value is not worth what Du Qingchen wants to give him, but it can only be so.

Du Qingchen originally planned to attend the wedding, and when Du Rulin finished the exam, he would return to Han County, but things did not go as smoothly as he imagined, because the empress of the dynasty passed away. According to the rules, civil and military officials will be cut down and removed on the twenty-seventh day. Music and sacrifices will be stopped for one hundred days. Unfortunately, Qi Cheng was among them, and now the marriage will be delayed until after March.

Su Nuan breathed a sigh of relief, "Anyway, it's a good thing that the Queen is gone." Although it affected his marriage.

Only then did Du Qingchen remember that the third prince was the direct son of the queen, and the fifth prince was the concubine, but he was the most capable. If the queen died, it meant that the third prince had lost a lot of help, which would be a good thing for the fifth prince.

Du Qingchen can't quite remember whether the book affected the marriage of the protagonist, but this is not very important. The important thing is that without the queen, the third prince is going to go downhill. In order to fight the fifth prince to a tie, without the behind-the-scenes military adviser of the queen, the third prince could not match the fifth prince with his own IQ alone.

Du Qingchen put these behind his head and asked Su Nuan, "Then you have to wait for a hundred days before you can get married?"

Su Nuan said: "Yes!" Su Nuan seemed to sense Du Qingchen's unhappiness and said, "Not only It was me, the Guozi invigilator, who also pushed back the exam." So, you have to wait no matter what.

Du Qingchen didn't say anything, just said: "That's the only way."

Su Nuan laughed, "Big Brother Du, you and my parents are ordinary people, so you don't need to mourning for a hundred days. But as long as you don't get married and have fun, you can just go shopping in the capital."

Du Qingchen nodded, "Let's talk about it!"

Su Nuan saw that Du Qingchen was not in a good mood, so she couldn't continue to say anything. Knowing this, Qi Cheng directly sent a servant to the door to deliver a brocade box to Du Qingchen. He is now busy in the palace for mourning, and he can't get out of his body at all, that's all he can do.

"What is this?" Du Qingchen wondered.

"The marshal said that this is a gift to Mr. Du, please don't refuse." The servant of the Qi residence bowed.

Du Qingchen opened it and saw that it was a title deed. The location was very good. It was in the most prosperous area in Beijing. From Du Qingchen's point of view, only such a title deed would cost one or two thousand taels of silver. Du Qingchen closed it. Jin Box, rejected: "It's too precious, I can't bear it."

"The marshal knew that Mr. Du was going to quit, but the marshal said that he was grateful for Mr. Du's care for the elders of Su's family. If Mr. declined, I would take it If I go back, tell me not to go back." The servant looked begging for mercy.

Du Qingchen said: "Then you go back and tell Marshal Qi that I don't want to open a store in the capital. Giving me such a big store is just a waste."

"The Marshal also said that Mr. Du is unwilling to open a store in Beijing because he is afraid of the nobles in Beijing. There are too many, I don't want to cause trouble, but this shop is the private property of my marshal, and everyone else knows it, how can I dare to cause trouble?"

Du Qingchen still wants to refuse, Su Nuan has come out and took it directly, he is worried that he can't do anything. Pay back! Du Qingchen gave him so many dowries, he is having a headache! Unexpectedly, when he turned his head, Qi Cheng sent the title deed, so that he could repay one or two. Su Nuan was sweet in his heart, but with a solemn face, he stuffed the title deed to Du Qingchen.

"It's just for my little nephew. If you don't accept it, I'll take it to Brother Dong. You know, he can't refuse me."

Du Qingchen was helpless and was about to speak when Su Nuan said again: "You You have given me so many things, so there must be a relationship! Otherwise, why would I take advantage of you in vain, and I am not short of money."

Seeing Su Nuan's words, Du Qingchen knew that he could not refuse the land deed. Su Nuan was not willing to take advantage of him so much, but she had to accept the makeup, so she could only return part of it in a different way. Qi Cheng probably thought the same, and that was the case.

Du Qingchen had no choice but to take it and said, "Thank you."

Since there is a shop, Du Qingchen is not good at leaving it empty. Moreover, since Qi Cheng will be mourning for a hundred days, Su Nuan's marriage has also been postponed until after March, and Du Rulin It was postponed for three months because of the examination of Guozijian. In a few days, Liu Tai and Qiu You would also defect, and Du Qingchen didn't want to go back to Han County anymore, so he simply got a restaurant here for a while.

Anyway, as Qi Cheng said, this shop belongs to him, and usually no one comes to ask for trouble. He can save a lot of things. If there is really trouble, he just leaves.

Thinking of this, Du Qingchen also took Su Dong to go shopping. The capital city is prosperous, and food from all over the world gathers here. It's just that these few days are the Queen's funeral, and the shops on the street have to hang white lanterns at the entrance, and no preparations are made. Du Qingchen had no choice but to stay at home for three days. After three days, the funeral was over. Although the people could not get married within a month, it did not affect the business. Du Qingchen finally set off. It took a few days to bring Su with him. I ate all the restaurants in the city in winter.

I have to say that the capital is really the place where the dragons and tigers are hidden. Every food that comes from all over the country has shops and restaurants. It is said that the people who are invited are the disciples and grandchildren of the royal chef. There are also famous chefs with secret techniques. this business.

"Which one is your favorite?" On the carriage, Du Qingchen sat in the driving area to drive the car. The door curtain of the carriage was lifted, and he asked Su Dong, who was sitting inside with the baby in his arms.

Su Dong smiled. In the past few days, they have eaten a lot of good things, all kinds of sauce, meat and game, each with its own characteristics, but if you ask him what he likes the most, Su Dong thought about it and replied, "I like Wufang. Zhai's stinky tofu..."

Du Qingchen froze for a moment before slowly nodding, "If you like it."

Su Dong hesitated, "Do you think it's a little stinky?"

"Why? I think it's pretty good. Yes, does it smell like snail powder?"

Su Dong thought about it, but couldn't tell the difference for a while.

Du Qingchen glanced across the street, stopped suddenly, took a closer look, and asked suspiciously, "Rulin? Master Tao?"

Su Dong peeked out and looked, and sure enough, it was the two of them walking on the side of the street. There are also jokes and jokes. I don't know where they came from. Du Rulin was wearing a moon white Confucian dress and stood with Tao Xiude who was wearing a brocade robe. He was elegant and handsome, and he looked like a confidant and friend.

Shouldn't Tao Xiude treat Du Rulin as his younger brother all the time? Du Qingchen was stunned for a while. This kind of good friend suddenly walked with his own children, more like his peers, which made Du Qingchen a little awkward, so he simply waved his hand and shouted, "Rulin, Tao Gongzi!"

Du Rulin and Tao Xiude He was stunned, looked at Du Qingchen, and laughed at the same time, Tao Xiude walked over with a folding fan, and said, "You have been busy these days. I went to your house several times, but I didn't see you. Me."

"Brother, sister-in-law." Du Rulin smiled.

Du Qingchen looked at the two back and forth, wondering, "Where are you coming from?" Not to mention his house, the direction of his house is not the direction they came from.

"Going to the Guozijian!" Tao Xiude replied casually, "Isn't Rulin going to take the Guozijian? I'll take him there to see, yes, I also took him to see the doctor of the Guozijian. Speaking of which, Rulin still has What about Min Anshi's recommendation letter! Originally, Dr. Yue met Min Anshi's letter and promised to admit Rulin, but Rulin said that he wanted to take the test himself, so Dr. Yue gave up!"

Du Qingchen turned his eyes to Du Rulin, "Is that so? You should take the test yourself."

Passing the test will naturally give the doctor from the Imperial College a high-ranking look. If you fail the test, you can also show the toughness of a scholar, which is better than coming to the door with a letter of recommendation. Moreover, It is still to be announced whether it is in the middle or not! If you don't make it, the Imperial College here has already agreed to enroll, isn't it embarrassing?

Ru Lin is more and more scheming, but Du Qingchen is always worried that he is young and unstable, and that he is arrogant and arrogant. If he provokes something, it will be bad.

"By the way, Brother Du, I heard that you have gone out and searched for delicious food in the past few days, but you have gained something? Why don't you tell me, let me hear it, and I might as well have a taste or two."

Du Qingchen glanced at Su Dong and said: "Wufangzhai's stinky tofu is good and delicious. I recommend Brother Tao to try it."

Tao Xiude paused, "Are you kidding me?"

"How could it be?" Du Qingchen said with a smile, "My husband thinks it tastes very good, and I also think it's a match for my snail noodles, after this month During the mourning period, I was planning to open a shop, so I might just do it."

Tao Xiude confirmed that Du Qingchen was teasing him, and the folding fan was shaking so fast, as if it would fan his anger away, and said, "That's still true. Why don't you make a pot! Isn't your hot pot base good?"

Du Qingchen shook his head, "There are things that have been sold all over the world, why is it worth opening a store in such a place where land is expensive? It's not enough for the cost!"

"Then ...Your recipes?"

"It can't compare to the dazzling array of delicacies in this capital."

"Then what do you think?"

Du Qingchen sighed, "It's getting cold, so let's open a barbecue restaurant!"