Chapter 149

"What did you say? The emperor misused Mi Nangzi with medicine, and now he is addicted?!" Du Qingchen stood up suddenly and looked at Liu Tai who had finally returned from the palace.

"Yeah! Brother Du, do you know this?" Liu Tai wondered, and added: "But I see him, it's nothing, even if I let him rest in bed, but it looks the same as when he is healthy, I think it should be It 's not serious."

Du Qingchen's eyes are complicated, and when he is not addicted to drugs, he is naturally the same as ordinary people, why don't you try it? Not to mention someone like the old emperor who can't bear any hardships, Du Qingchen asked, "Are there any rice sacs left in the palace?"

"Yes, it is said that the imperial hospital will keep the test medicine to see if it can be prescribed. Detoxification."

After that, don't expect the remaining rice nangzi to be used for research on antidote, I'm afraid it will end up in the mouth of the old emperor. Du Qingchen thought.

Du Qingchen called Du Rulin and the three of them to the study, and after making sure there was no one around, he told them: "Midangzi, others may be able to quit, but the emperor can't quit, he can't stand this pain, this poison will only get worse. It got deeper and deeper, and in the end, I lost my mind and looked like a madman."

"Is it... so serious?" Liu Tai said: "Is there a solution?"

"There is no particularly good way, didn't you say that the imperial physician asked the emperor to quit, this is It's the only way." Du Qingchen replied.

The crowd fell silent for a while, and Du Qingchen was a little frightened. When he was in the countryside, he once caught a man who sold rice nuggets, and handed him over to the county magistrate, telling others that this thing was addicting, and In this world, even the imperial physicians have never come into contact with this thing, and it is even sold as a spice. It can be seen that very few people know the true efficacy of this thing. Could this matter have something to do with him breaking this point?

If this thing is really because he was noticed by some caring people...

Du Qingchen pursed his lips, how should he explain clearly, how did he know the effect of this medicine? It is said that I read it from some miscellaneous book. This statement can coax people in the countryside, but it can't coax people here!

Just hope it isn't! If so, then the caring person should have noticed him long ago and did something to him, so it should not be, even, there may not be any caring person in this matter, but the imperial doctor misused this medicine, which caused all this, it is all a coincidence. .

Du Qingchen reassured himself and instructed a few people, "Be nice these days. If you can't go out, don't go out. Liu Tai, see if you can get away.

" I have to guard with the Eighth Prince for everything, and even the medicine that comes in the mouth, I have to come first." Liu Tai said silently.

Du Qingchen only felt a surge of anger surging over his head, "He asked you to test the medicine?! So many people want him to die, what if it is really poisonous!"

Liu Tai raised his head, "Big Brother Du also thinks that many people want him to die. Die?"

Isn't this nonsense, first and foremost is the fifth prince, if the emperor died suddenly, and he did not leave the edict, he could kill the third prince to succeed the throne, the original book is written like this.

Du Qingchen's face was gloomy, he rubbed his brows, and said, "Liu Tai, you are not studying sages and sages hard to become a favored minister in the palace, you want to stand in the court and become a pillar of the court, what's the matter?! I go to the palace every day to bring my children. Now that I am well, I have to test the medicine for the old emperor? Are you a medicine person!"

Liu Tai said, "I know, I know very well what all this I have experienced, Brother Du, I also feel humiliated. ."

Du Qingchen's anger dissipated in an instant with these words, and all that came up was distressed, raised his hand and pressed it on Liu Tai's shoulder, "I have to save you, I can't let you continue like this, even if I go to ask five Prince."

Liu Tai said: "Brother Du, do you think the fifth prince is Mingjun?"

Du Qingchen was speechless for a while, is the fifth prince a qualified king? he is! But is he a good man? He is not. He didn't know what standard Liu Tai wanted to ask, and he didn't know how to answer.

Du Qingchen had no choice but to say: "In governing the country, the fifth prince is decisive in killing and cherishing the world. He is a wise ruler, but the others, Liu Tai, are not perfect, and a pure and good person can't sit on the throne."

Therefore, he did not Feeling wrong, the fifth prince is not a kind person, but has a deep scheming, Liu Tai thought to himself, "Then, what about the third prince? Is he Mingjun?"

Du Qingchen was speechless, "Good, the third prince is going to the frontier with Jiang Chuan. , he can't stay. Besides, the people under him are all trained by the queen. They are all taught by Ninghou Gugao. You forget the batch of people who were burned during the drought in Han County. The disaster relief food? The third prince is good, and the group of people under him are not the masters who can stabilize the country."

Liu Tai lowered his head, "Then the eighth prince is even more impossible, there is no other person to choose."

"Yes . Ah!" Du Qingchen nodded.

Du Rulin listened on the side without saying a word.

...

After a few days, the third prince's supervision of the government was not smooth. There were people in the fifth prince's line who made trouble, and his decree could not even leave the court. The fifth prince took advantage of the emperor's serious illness and showed himself. The power of control over the government, the third prince had the intention to use his own people to do things, but found that there were a lot of troubles falling on the fifth prince. The people of the third prince were also besieged by the fifth prince, and the third prince was already overwhelmed by just protecting his own people, let alone expanding his power.

In the palace, the emperor was quitting drugs, and he didn't have the energy to take care of the affairs of the court.

"Get out!" The emperor panted, raised his hand and overturned the table, the tea cup and fruit plate shattered on the ground, and the palace people knelt on the ground, "Get out!"

"Your Majesty calm down, your Majesty calm down..." Wan Bo hurriedly told everyone to retreat, and brought the Eighth Prince over again, wanting the Eighth Prince to appease the Emperor.

"Little brother!" The eighth prince has seen how crazy his father is who has been addicted to drugs in the past few days. He still has a bag on his head. It's not good. It was hurt when he was thrown out by his father. Seeing that Uncle Wan wanted to take him to see the emperor again, he couldn't help looking for Liu Tai with tears in his eyes.

Liu Tai hurriedly took a few steps forward, took the eighth prince, and said, "The eighth prince is still young, His Majesty is addicted to drugs, how can he hurt the eighth prince again?"

"However, your majesty can only let the eighth prince appease. This old slave can't do anything either. Your Highness, please do your filial piety for Your Majesty! Your Majesty is suffering now, if His Majesty leaves, His Majesty will feel better." The

eighth prince burst into tears, "If I go, Father Father will be comfortable. Is it?"

"Of course! Your Highness, Your Majesty likes you the most. As soon as I see you, I feel better." Uncle Wan coaxed.

"Then...then I'll go see the emperor." The eighth prince Xiaorou held Liu Tai's clothes in his hands and did not let go, but he still insisted.

Liu Tai picked up the eighth prince, "Then I'll accompany the eighth prince."

"Oh, that's a good feeling. If Your Majesty gets angry again, Mr. Liu can protect him." Wan Bo smiled happily.

Liu Tai recalled what Du Qingchen once warned him about, the more the poison of Mi Nangzi gets in the back, the more maddening it will become. In the end, he will even disown his six relatives and become a puppet of this poison. He has no humanity at all, and there is a wave of fear in his heart, but these words He couldn't say that Big Brother Du shouldn't know about these things. He was willing to tell him this because he was worried about him, so he couldn't say it and hurt Big Brother Du.

Liu Tai slowly walked into the bedroom with the eighth prince in his arms. In the house, the emperor was smashing the decorations in the room. When he saw Liu Tai and the eighth prince coming, he immediately rushed over and grabbed Liu Tai's shoulder. The pain of grasping, let go of his hand, the eighth prince fell down, but there was no pain, and he stood up by himself.

The eighth prince grabbed the hem of the emperor's clothes with tears in his eyes, "Father, Uncle Wan said, your son will come to see you, and you will feel better. Are you feeling any better?"

Liu Tai swallowed his saliva and spoke to the emperor stubbornly. Looking at it, I want to see if there is any reason in it, "Your Majesty... Your Majesty?"

"You are here, it's great, you go, go get me some rice bags, don't tell others, just take it secretly A little is good, I only believe in you, you go, hurry up..." The emperor pushed Liu Tai and wanted him to go out.

Liu Tai's heart was sad, and as expected, he was told by Big Brother Du. For this medicine, he is the emperor, and what he said must be violated. This is only the beginning. In the end, I am afraid that he will be roared in public to violate his past. Will is also possible.

"Your Majesty... Jun Wu joking, you said you wanted to quit drugs!" Liu Tai's tears fell.

The emperor is still sensible at this time, but the drug addiction has just broken out. Hearing this, his eyes are rounded, his eyes are bloodshot, and his fingers are tightly digging Liu Tai's arm, but Liu Tai resisted the pain and persuaded again. : "Your Majesty, if you take it again, it will be even harder to quit in the future, just like quitting alcohol and sex, the deeper you fall, the harder it is to quit! Do you want to give up your world to others?!" The

emperor With a sudden tremor, Liu Tai knew the emperor very well, and knew how much he valued his own power. For this, he could hold on.

Liu Tai struck while the iron was hot, and continued: "Your Majesty, hold on and quit this poison, you are still the master of the world, if you can't hold on..."

"No! I can quit! I can!" The emperor clenched his fist desperately, Bruises on his face.

Liu Tai immediately went to hug the eighth prince, took him to a clean place, and stood up with a sigh of relief.

"Your Majesty, the third prince asks to see you, saying that you have a decree, please show it?" Outside the door, Uncle Wan said carefully.

"Let him go!" The emperor roared, he couldn't be seen by these full-fledged princes who were eager to seize his power! He's not old yet, he's not dead yet!

"Yes, Your Majesty." Wan Bo hurriedly stepped back.

The third prince heard the roar in the house, and hurriedly said to Uncle Wan, who came over: "No way! The old fifth is taking power, and the court is full of smog. Although I have the reputation of supervising state affairs, I do not have the real power to dismiss the guilty ministers. If you don't help me, I won't be able to fight the fifth prince!"

"Three princes, at this time, your Majesty will not see anyone." Uncle Wan has seen the emperor's madness, and he doesn't know why the emperor can't see the third prince, so he will try his best to stop him. Without hesitation, "Third prince, it's not the old slave who told you that when the queen was there before, even without His Majesty's help, the fifth prince could also be suppressed by you, why now... you have the right to supervise state affairs, but also Can't beat the fifth prince?"

"I..." The third prince seemed to be slapped in the face, his face was burning with pain.

"Furthermore, although the fifth prince is powerful, he has always been very humble. The old slave doesn't understand the government, but he just saw it. Because of His Majesty's verbal order, the fifth prince has never left the house until now, and only reads at home with peace of mind. Humility, where are you arrogant? It's just power, isn't your power now greater than his prince who is studying at home and keeping filial piety and can't even come out? !" The

third prince was shocked by this disappointment and sweated.

"Also, the sky and the earth are huge, and at this moment, His Majesty's Eucharist is the most well-being. At this time, the sky is falling, and His Highness has to hold it up!" Uncle Wan finally said earnestly.