Chapter 5

Du Qingchen was in the dark for three days, and when he woke up again, it was the afternoon of that day.

"Brother, you finally woke up! It's been three days! I thought you were humming..." Du Rulin cried again.

Du Qingchen wanted to open his mouth to speak, but Father Du had already come over and looked very happy, "How can you not wake up! Lord Yan doesn't accept people who want to get married, but Qingchen is someone who wants to marry a daughter-in-law, and there is a happy event. , how can you not wake up? You kid, you are just talking nonsense! Ah bah bah bah! Children's words! Don't blame it! Don't blame it if there's something wrong..." Father Du raised his hand and bowed in all directions, very pious.

Du Qingchen's mouth was dry and his stomach was unbearably hungry. He had not eaten rice and water for almost three days, and even if Du Rulin fed him some with his mouth open, he couldn't stop a young man from spending three days.

"Water..."

"Brother, rice porridge." Du Rulin had already prepared it, Du Rulin was old and his hands trembled, so naturally he couldn't bear the responsibility of feeding Du Qingchen, only the young Du Rulin.

Du Qingchen cooperated with opening his mouth and ate half a bowl before laying down panting. His health was still not good, and he needed to take a good rest. On the previous trip to town, he was still exhausted and beat him back all of a sudden. The original form, lying on the bed could not move.

After slowing down, Du Qingchen also turned to Father Du to investigate the question just now, "What marriage?" What

happened during the three days he was in a coma! Du Qingchen narrowed his eyes.

Du's father didn't know where to start his explanation for a while, and Du Rulin also said: "Brother, Dad told you about the marriage, and said he wanted to give you a happy birthday."

Chongxi? ! Du Qingchen's eyes widened and he turned to Father Du. Father Du immediately turned his head with a guilty conscience, but still explained: "Qingchen! Look, our family has been really unlucky recently. First, I was sick, and then I was in the restaurant. It happened, and then you got hurt again, this is bad luck! I just thought, I will marry you a daughter-in-law and be happy. Maybe I can get rid of the evil spirits that plagued you. If you have a happy mood, you can also get better. "

Ridiculous!" Du Qingchen felt dizzy for a while, but he still turned to Du Rulin, "You've read the book, and you believe this?! Didn't stop Dad?!"

Du Rulin lowered his head, he felt it before, The elder brother is not the same as before the injury. After the serious injury, the elder brother is more mature and stable than before, and looks very reliable. He will definitely object!

But Du Rulin still said: "But... brother, in case, in case your injury is really healed because of this..."

"I will be fine even if you don't need to get married!" Du Qingchen gritted his teeth.

"But the doctor said, you're not a minor injury, I'm not sure... oops!"

Father Du raised his hand and patted Du Rulin on the head, glared at him, and Du Rulin immediately shut up.

"Father! Don't be mad at me, my head hurts, oops! Hurry up, quit your relatives, don't make a fool of yourself." Du Qingchen frowned and looked uncomfortable.

"This is uncomfortable again! It's just that I want to celebrate!" Father Du hurriedly stepped forward to check, very worried. Sure enough, what Dutun's daughter-in-law said was right. If this injury is like this, you have to be happy to be healed!

Du Qingchen was speechless, so he had to start with Du Rulin, "Little brother, don't let Dad mess around, with my current body, who would be willing to marry in? Not afraid of being a widow? Those who are willing to marry are definitely not good people, we can't marry in! , your brother's lifelong happiness, don't let father come here!"

Du Rulin heard the words, his eyes lit up, and he had something to say.

"Brother, the people are very nice, as Mrs. Dutun said, they are really good people, they are hardworking and kind, and they look good! They used to be rushing for it in the eight villages of ten miles and eight villages. How many matchmakers have stepped on the threshold, but their family thought before. After staying for a few more years, I didn't agree."

"What about now? Why agree with our family? Are you happy?!" Du Qingchen rolled his eyes silently in his heart, thinking that he must convince his younger brother.

"Because his family's reputation has not been good in recent years. Seriously, brother, although the matchmaker came to propose marriage first, I think we took advantage. I have met him, and it is really good. His family's reputation is bad. , but it has nothing to do with him." Du Rulin leaned closer and said in a low voice, after all, he is a scholar, so he would be embarrassed to say anything like taking advantage.

"What kind of reputation? Let's hear it." Du Qingchen was about to start with fame, but it was just a sentence anyway, he disagreed!

"Brother, do you still remember the matter of the Hou's mansion looking for his son a few years ago? There is a farm family in Sujia Village. Their family adopted the man from the Hou's mansion. Tired of work, he said he was an adopted son, but he was actually being raised by people at the moment. Later, the Hou family found him and took him back to the capital, without giving the Su family any compensation, just saying yes, it's not good for their brother , if you don't take revenge, even if you repay the kindness of upbringing, then you ignore the people of the Su family and just leave."

Du Qingchen was slightly taken aback, isn't this the protagonist?

The protagonist Su Nuan was adopted by a peasant household in Sujia Village. He grew up bitterly, and then was brought back by the people of Houfu, which started his career of upgrading and counterattacking all the way.

What does this have to do with his nasty bashing? !

Du Rulin continued: "The one from Chongxi's family is another brother of the Su family. It's different from the Hou family brother. This is their family's own, and he is the same age as the Hou family brother, but the Hou family brother has lived in pigs since he was a child. Quan, he lives in a house, and Hou's brother goes to the field to work hard. He does some relaxed needlework at home, and he looks good. Originally, like Su Dong, he has a well-behaved personality and looks good, and he can sew. The brother who cooked and embroidered was rushing to marry, but since the people in Hou's mansion said, "If you don't take revenge, you will be repaying your kindness." Since then, the reputation of the Su family has been ruined, and no one has come to ask for marriage. It was delayed."

"Ah?" Du Qingchen recalled, does the protagonist Su Nuan still have such a brother in Sujia Village for comparison?

It seems... there is.

In order to reflect the suffering experienced by the protagonist Su Nuan, the book has repeatedly described how the aunt of the Su family treats her adopted son and her biological son differently. It seems that there is such a person, but after ten chapters, the protagonist returns to the capital, and there is no such thing as The description of Sujia Village.

It seems... In the middle of the article, I vaguely mentioned that the cannon fodder brother of the protagonist later married a lazy gangster and was tortured to death. The protagonist also sighed for a while, saying that his brother still had some friendship with him Yes, and secretly gave him food, but he didn't expect such a hard life, and he shed two tears, which made the other protagonist, Marshal Zhenbei, coax for a while.

Because the book is written from the perspective of the protagonist Su Nuan, Du Qingchen's impression of the man called Su Dong is only the emotion of the protagonist Su Nuan, life is hard...

Of course, if you look at Du Qingchen's thoughts at the moment , can also add a sentence, unlucky...

As the protagonist's cannon fodder brother, the only role is to compare with the protagonist in the early stage to reflect the misery of the protagonist, and later use the tragic reminder of a lifetime to be sighed by the protagonist to show the goodness of the protagonist , about that. Isn't that bad luck?

Du Qingchen fell silent. He thought he was far from the main story in the book, but unexpectedly, there were times when he touched the characters in the book, even though he was just a small cannon fodder!

Du Qingchen's silence was regarded as approval and acquiescence by Du's father and Du Rulin, and Du's father suddenly became happy. Although it was a bliss, the most important thing was that his son liked it!

Du Rulin was rather embarrassed, he just talked too much about his brother's marriage, but he couldn't say no! Dad is clumsy, and he must not explain it to his brother, so he can only explain it.

When Father Du saw this, he immediately said: "Qingchen! I have already inquired about this Su Dong. I have seen him take the sachet he embroidered to the town's embroidery shop to sell it before. Money, the craftsmanship is quite clever! Moreover, he is not the one who said he doesn't work, he let the young man of the Houfu do it. He also helps to weed and so on. He can also do farm work, cook, and mend clothes. , I will not mention these, people are also good-looking, in the past, before there was no such thing as the son of the Houfu, even the people in the eight villages and towns have asked for relatives!"

Father Du continued: "That is to say The more people say it, the more outrageous it is, and then the reputation is ruined. In fact, people are still good. I walk around the town all year round to do business. Our vision is different from those of the villagers. I can see that he is a good brother! "

Du Qingchen opened his mouth and wanted to continue to refuse, but the ending of Su Dong in the book kept reverberating in his mind. Su Dong finally married a hooligan and was tortured to death, tortured to death...

If If he refuses this marriage, will that be the end of that brother? Du Qingchen was lost in thought.

"Their family... Didn't they say they love this brother very much? Just marry him to a half-dead man like me?! Are you willing to let him be happy?!" Du Qingchen said.

"Don't talk nonsense! Saying that word makes me angry!" Father Du tried his best to look angry, but his weak body couldn't hold his momentum.

"Brother, I know this." Seeing that Du's father was not strong enough, Du Rulin had no choice but to say: "Actually, he was a little hesitant, but their family really can't pick out a good family, and the people who go to ask for marriage are all hooligans, or else It's just the lazy bastard in the village, our family is pretty good, you've read books, although it's been a little tough recently, but it's still a good family."

Du Rulin hesitated for a while, but still said it, "The matchmaker also said that, You have to look at your body, just get married first, and you will be happy with the marriage. If you have a good relationship, you will get married. If you don't raise it, it's okay, so it's just a marriage, not a real marriage..."

Said After hearing this, Father Du was dissatisfied and tried to straighten his waist, "Hmph, Qingchen is so good, and he is still picky, why can't my Qingchen get better? If I get better, they still have a share in their family? Looking for someone with a good reputation, or marrying the daughter of a good family, and marrying a brother with a bad reputation!"

Father Du was actually very dissatisfied, but as soon as it was decided to kiss, Qingchen woke up, Du The father was still very happy in his heart, and this bliss was really useful!

Du Qingchen raised his brows, "Only engagement?"

"Yes." Du Rulin lowered his head silently.

If it is an engagement, then there is no need to marry him immediately. First, he coaxes Father Du, and secondly, he doesn't have to worry about his rejection. Even if it hurts Su Dong's life and pushes him into the fire pit, it is a relief. Method.

As for the future... I'll talk about it when he has a good head. He's really uncomfortable right now, he can't think about it so much, there will always be a way.