Chapter 38

Taking advantage of the time when the two of them were put together, there were only the two of them in the house. Su Dong gently reminded Du Qingchen that spending money was not good. Du Qingchen quickly understood what Su Dong meant and cleaned him up. I told Su Dong about earning more than one hundred taels of silver.

"Don't worry! I won't let you suffer with me." Du Qingchen said gently.

Su Dong was stunned, the movements in his hands stopped, everything Du Qingchen said, to him, sounded like a play. What does it mean to know the prefect's son, he likes to eat his cooking, so he spent more than a hundred taels of silver to buy his recipe for cooking!

Sounds incredible, doesn't it? Even drama texts can't be made up so much! However, this is true... just a few days before he married into the Du family.

"So, Brother Dong is a lucky star!" Du Qingchen said with a smile: "As soon as I said that I was married, Young Master Tao insisted on buying my recipe. It must be because of the good fortune of Brother Dong, and it was stained on me, that's what happened. Good luck."

Su Dong blushed, "Where... how can there be?"

Su Dong scrambled his fingers embarrassedly.

"Really! Brother Dong must be a very lucky person, maybe he will have good luck in the future!" Du Qingchen said seriously.

"Yes... Is it?" Su Dong was also puzzled, is he lucky? If he was lucky, why was it so miserable before, he didn't even have anyone to ask for relatives, and it caused him to delay for several years, but thinking about it this way, it was because of the delay for several years that he met Du Qingchen! With that said, his luck seems to be really good...

Du Qingchen looked at Su Dong, "I am lucky to marry such a prosperous husband."

Su Dong's face turned even redder, he was not so good... ...

Su Dong ignored Du Qingchen, packed his things with a sullen head, and stuffed the two people's clothes and bedding into two cabinets. But when the Du family built the house, they made it smoothly, so their family also made other furniture, such as the tables, chairs, benches, and dressers that are now placed in their house.

"By the way, we're going back tomorrow, do you have anything to bring back to your parents?" Du Qingchen took out a tael of silver from his broken cabinet and handed it to Su Dong, "Look and buy it, wait a moment. Let's go shopping in the town and see what we need."

Su Dong stared blankly at the one or two silver coins that Du Qingchen handed him, but he didn't pick it up for a long time. For those who have used money, this is the first time someone has given him money to spend.

Su Dong stayed for a while, then shook his head, "You don't need so much, and even if you make money, you have to save some money. Uncle has to take an exam, and you also need capital for doing business!"

Du Qingchen smiled, "Don't worry. There is no shortage of these two silver coins."

Su Dong pondered, "Does Dad know?"

"This is my private money, why should I let him know!" ! The income of the small restaurant, because there is no urgent need at home recently, he has almost never handed it in, and Father Du thinks that he has not turned it over yet. After all, in the eyes of Father Du, takeaway is only just getting started.

Du Qingchen smiled, "If I hand over every money, how can I buy you a jade pendant? By the way, did you bring the jade pendant I gave you?" Speaking of this, Du Qingchen suddenly remembered the birthday he gave to Su Dong before. gift too.

Hearing this, Su Dong blushed and said stammeringly: "Bring...Bring it."

Du Qingchen glanced around, but didn't see it. When Su Dong got up this morning, he was there, and he didn't even see him! And now there is nothing in the cabinet, Du Qingchen asked curiously, "Where is that?"

Do you really want to see it? Su Dong looked aggrieved and blushed, even his hair was blushing, Du Qingchen couldn't help pinching Su Dong's face, and quickly retracted his hand, taking advantage of Su Dong's blushing and pinching his face, he wanted to do it for a long time. Now, Du Qingchen calmly looked out the window, seriously admiring the scenery in the courtyard, as if the person who just stretched out the wolf's claws was not him.

Su Dong was often pinched in the face by Mother Su on weekdays, but was suddenly pinched by Du Qingchen, and the whole person was even more embarrassed, and almost went to the ground.

Too... too much! It's still daytime!

Du Qingchen Yu Guang saw that Su Dong didn't move for a long time, so he coughed lightly, "Didn't you tell me to show me the jade pendant?" He also planned to explain well what he said before, 'The gentleman of Yannian, warm like jade, in his board house, chaos I am heartbroken. 'what does it mean.

Seeing Du Qingchen asking again, Su Dong had to bow his head and take out a red rope from his clothes, and pull out the jade pendant that was placed close to him.

Du Qingchen was so shocked that he couldn't speak for a while, he didn't expect Su Dong to be close to him, and he didn't solve it last night! Otherwise he would have found out!

"You... have you always been wearing it like this?" Du Qingchen touched his nose, and he felt a little feverish in his ears. What he gave was actually a jade pendant that he wore around his waist, not a close-fitting pendant.

"Yeah." Su Dong lowered his head. He actually knew that it was a jade pendant, not a pendant. However, he couldn't wear a jade pendant around his waist. The countryman didn't have such a pendant, but he was reluctant to lock it in the cabinet, so he only I was able to find a red rope, put it on my neck, and put it close to my body.

Then, I got used to it, and I have been wearing it until now, but when Du Qingchen discovered it, Su Dong was very embarrassed.

"You, why are you so cute!" Du Qingchen looked at Su Dong and sighed, chuckling. "Stupid or not! It's so big, don't you panic?"

Hearing this, Su Dong immediately explained the reason just now, "But you can't take it outside! If someone sees it, he will definitely say something about me..."

You can put it in the box! Du Qingchen wanted to say this, but looking at Su Dong's watery eyes, he felt that he didn't need to say anything, everything was silent.

"Next time, how about a pendant next time? The jade pendant is too cumbersome around the neck." Du Qingchen stretched out his hand and rubbed the jade pendant that Su Dong was still hanging around his neck. The tentacles were still warm, smooth and warm.

Su Dong had to tilt his head slightly, avoid Du Qingchen's hand, and let him rub the Peiyu on his chest. Although Du Qingchen didn't touch his skin at all, Su Dong felt that the skin on his chest was faintly hot. It was so hot that he could barely breathe.

The warm breath hit the back of Du Qingchen's hand, Du Qingchen didn't want to let go, and even his body slowly leaned over...

Su Dong leaned back in horror, now it's daytime! daytime! impossible! !

How to do? Will he push it away? But pushing Du Qingchen away will make him angry! Obviously they were married, he couldn't refuse his husband, but... it's daytime! Also, the door hasn't closed yet!

"Brother." Du Rulin knocked on the door and said, "Someone is looking for you."

Du Qingchen hurriedly withdrew his hand, coughed twice, turned his head, and looked at the door, Su Dong got up in a panic and supported his hands with his hands. The body, just a little bit, almost fell down!

Su Dong lowered his head and hurriedly sorted out his clothes. Because of the jade pendant just pulled off, the clothes on his chest were already torn apart. Su Dong got up and turned his back to the door, lowered his head and sorted it out. Only then did Du Qingchen walk over to open the door. Fortunately, Du Rulin is a person who knows books and etiquette. Knowing that now his brother is married, he can no longer just push the door and go in like before.

Du Qingchen sighed and opened the door, but said helplessly: "What's the use of asking for a younger brother!" Except for making trouble at a critical time, it's useless at all!

Du Rulin kindly came to call his brother, but as soon as his brother opened the door, he scolded him, Du Rulin was stunned, what happened? ! But this didn't stop him from refuting his brother, "It's still useful to have a younger brother. For example, now I can be your doorman, or do you want your father to knock on your door in person?"

Du Qingchen thought for a while, then shook his head, "No need, I admit defeat, you win. My brother is still very useful." Du Qingchen raised his hand and rubbed Du Rulin's head.

"Oh my hair!" I finally managed to comb my hair!

Du Qingchen had already bypassed him and went to the main room to see who was looking for him.

"Oh, Boss Du, congratulations, I heard that you only got married yesterday, I wish you an early birth!" When a middle-aged man saw Du Qingchen passing by, he immediately got up and smiled, very familiar with it.

"Who is this?" Du Qingchen became a relative, and by the way, he recognized his family's relatives over and over again. No matter how bad it was, he was a familiar face. He really hadn't seen this person yesterday.

Father Du also said: "This is Qiu Biantou, who specializes in building houses in Qiujia Village. Didn't you say you want to build a blue brick house? I asked him to come and see how this house is built properly."

"Oh, thank you very much. Thank you very much." Du Qingchen bowed his hands, "I really don't know how to build a house, you have to come, but I have a little idea of ​​my own, and I don't know if I can do it."

"Boss Du, if you have any ideas, just say , we can cover it for you, and we will cover it for you! If there is something wrong or impossible to cover, I will say it straight, you don't mind, let's go straight, it's better to do things! Haha!"

Du Qingchen also laughed , "This is the best, and I like it too."

Du Qingchen also described the large courtyard he wanted to build to the other party. In fact, he planned to expand the courtyard four or five times, and then build two courtyard-like courtyards on the left and right sides, with the main hall in the middle and another courtyard behind the main hall. The courtyard of the house is actually similar to the simplified version of the rich man's house, except that there are only three courtyards.

In this way, he, Du Rulin, and Du Rulin can also live separately. Everyone has their own courtyard. The father is respected, and the courtyard behind the main hall is also the main courtyard. He and Du Rulin are separated from each other. In a yard, they are still a family, but they don't have to live next to each other after they get married, which is easy to cause conflicts.

It was the first time that Father Du heard Du Qingchen's plan, he thought about it for a while, and then asked, "Don't you want to live with us?"

"Dad, what are you thinking! I just planned this in advance. Didn't Erzao still say that he wanted me to have a baby? Look! Not to mention that I might have a baby in two years. The problem of the baby living in the same yard with Su Dong and me is like Lin, and he gradually When he is old, he will start a family in a few years. Of course, it is best to have his own house, preferably a yard, so that his children can also live in his yard in the future. Sooner or later, so many houses will be built. Yes, of course, this is just an idea, we will only build three rooms this time, one in the main hall, one for me, and one for Ru Lin and you, but we just follow this idea and build it where it should be."

Qiu Zhuantou'er heard this and knew that he could make a lot of money. According to Father Du's idea, if he just built an ordinary yard, then how much would he make. If according to Du Qingchen's idea, it would be a building with three buildings. There are four courtyard houses, how much is that!

Qiu Zhuantou was not stupid, so he immediately persuaded Father Du, "Uncle Du! Boss Du is right! What do you think! In the future, your second son will have to marry, not have a house, and have children after marriage. Don't you have to have a house to live in?! It's just a yard, not to mention you, Boss Du and your second son are two families, and they can't live there at all.

Father Du listened and thought it was reasonable, so naturally he couldn't say anything, he just asked, "Is that just building three rooms first?"

Du Qingchen nodded, "Build slowly, after all, the house can't be built all at once. Yes, first build three rooms to live in, and then use these three rooms as the starting point to expand the courtyard."

Qiu Biantou is not in a hurry, anyway, he is the only one who helps people build houses in ten miles and eight townships. Sooner or later, it is his job to run away. As long as Du Qingchen wants to build a house, he will earn the money sooner or later.

Su Dong has already come over, tidyed up and walked to the main room. When Du Qingchen saw Su Dong coming, he immediately introduced: "This is my husband, this is Qiu Zhuantouer..."

"I know, the blue brick of the Su family a few years ago. I built the house! Haha, at that time you were... so tall, you were married in a blink of an eye, Boss Du is young and promising, a good family! Good luck, good luck!" Qiu Zhuantou said with a smile.

After Su Dong bowed, he also felt that the person in front of him was kind. Hearing what he said, he remembered it and said with a smile, "It's you!" After

a few more chats, a group of people went out for a walk. The circle, roughly planned the size and location of each courtyard, and Qiu Zhuantou also had a clue in his heart, so he said goodbye and left.

When the outsiders left, Father Du sighed: "It will cost a lot of money for the land alone! Not to mention the blue brick house!"

Du Qingchen chuckled, "Father, it's just the land that is expensive. Besides, it's ours if we buy it. , didn't you say it! If you only build three houses first, you will have to free up a lot of space. Just in time, you can plant peppers first, and when the peppers bear fruit, are you afraid that you won't be able to make money?"

"Who knows! Can your pepper grow in our place, and can you make money?!" Father Du felt distressed when he thought of the money to be spent.

Du Qingchen smiled, "Before I got married, Mr. Tao came again and gave a gold inlaid jade ornament. Although it is not a precious thing, it can be worth dozens of taels of silver. Seriously, sell it. It's enough to build a yard, I just don't want to finish building the house first, so I can't

stop, and occupy the place where peppers are grown." Father Du's expression changed, "Why does he have such a good relationship with you? People like him , like us? Make friends with people like us?"

Okay? friend?

Du Qingchen tilted his head and thought for a while, then chuckled, "Yeah! My friend!"

After talking to Father Du, Du Qingchen took Su Dong to the town together to buy gifts for returning home tomorrow.

Du Qingchen walked beside Su Dong and got very close. The ancients were conservative. Even a husband and wife would not be able to pull and pull. Du Qingchen couldn't even pull his hands.

Du Qingchen lowered his head slightly and approached Su Dong, "Tell me, what is your favorite thing, we can buy some."

Su Dong also bowed his head shyly. He actually didn't understand why Du Qingchen called his parents so smooth. Obviously, when he was called Father Du, he still needed to prepare before he could export.

"What's wrong?" Du Qingchen smiled, turned his body slightly, and rubbed the back of Su Dong's hand as if unintentionally.

Su Dong raised his eyes and blushed and glared at Du Qingchen, it was broad daylight! outside! Can you be more subtle! Du Qingchen is fine with everything, but...sometimes it's just...too unruly!

It's not at night...

But at night, Du Qingchen is very disciplined again, and Su Dong is melancholy.

Su Dong shook his head, shook off the thoughts that made him blush, and quickly ran two steps toward a cloth shop.

"Wait for me!" The daughter-in-law ran away suddenly, Du Qingchen was stunned, and quickly chased after him.

The fabrics that the Du family bought before have been used in new clothes and used in return gifts for marriage, but now they are gone, but there are still not many clothes in Du Qingchen's home. Su Dong wanted to buy some suitable fabrics and make some new clothes for Du Qingchen. Wear, now Du Qingchen is a man with a husband, but he can no longer wear rags all day long, making people feel that his husband is useless!

"I want to buy fabrics! I should make new clothes for my parents." Du Qingchen nodded.

Su Dongjiao glared at Du Qingchen angrily, asked the shop owner to get him the fabric, and gestured on Du Qingchen. The navy blue fabric seems to be suitable for Du Qingchen, because Du Qingchen's skin is a bit dark, but in Du Qingchen's own words, that is, he is not black if he has bronze skin!

But in Su Dong's eyes, this is black. Su Dong chose several kinds of fabrics and wanted to make some for Father Du and Du Rulin. After all, they probably didn't have many clothes. Su Dong chose taupe fabric for Father Du. Du Rulin usually wears white Confucian clothes, and his skin is fair, so Su Dong also chose bamboo green.

Du Qingchen saw the purpose of buying these fabrics, so he asked: "Where are your parents?"

"In the future, they need me to do it, and I will come to your side first." Su Dong asked the boss to wrap the fabric , just paid.

Du Qingchen nodded, "I'll wait for you to go back to the door to buy things, don't worry about it." Besides, Du Rulin is just fine, he will wear new clothes when he gives him new clothes, but Father Du, Du Qingchen remembered that Father Du would rather put the new clothes on. The behavior of not wearing the old one, secretly sighed, and only hope that Father Du can change a little after seeing more good things in the future.

Du Qingchen hugged the fabric and continued shopping with Su Dong. This time, he bought the food gifts that he really brought back to the door.

After shopping, the two went home. Su Dong rushed to cook the meal. Du Qingchen, the cook, could only fight under Su Dong's determination to replace Du Rulin's work.

"Uncle, let's go back and read the book!" Su Dong changed into clothes that were convenient for work and smiled at Du Rulin.

Du Rulin stared blankly at his brother who took over his job of burning the fire, and sighed silently, "Oh, it's different when my brother married his sister-in-law, I don't even have a job to do."

Du Qingchen's movements froze silently, why did he feel this sentence The style sounds familiar, as if he had said it before? !

At the dinner table, Father Du also said that there was no need for Su Dong to rush to work, but the smile on his face showed that he was very satisfied.

Su Dong poked at the rice in the bowl and said, "When the yard is finished, I want to raise some chickens and ducks and so on, and I can also make an extra income."

"Right!" Father Du seems to have found a bosom friend. "I said long ago that no matter how rich you are, you can't afford to spend so much. We country people still have to save money and keep the house. I think Su Dong is very good. Although chickens and ducks don't earn much, they save a little. You can also buy less chicken, duck, eggs and meat in the restaurant, so you can save a lot!"

Du Qingchen lowered his head and muttered, "But what if the chicken and duck ate my pepper seedlings?"

Su Dong was taken aback, and quickly apologized, "I I didn't think about this... Then, if you don't raise it, how about raising pigs?"

"Right! Pigs are not bad either! When they grow up, they will save a fortune for the restaurant." Father Du continued to applaud.

"But... I've been in the town all the year round, and I might run farther in the future. Don't you want to come with me? After raising pigs, you can't be separated." Du Qingchen laughed.

Su Dong was stunned, doesn't he even raise pigs? So what else can he do?

Father Du also sighed, knowing that this pig could not be raised, so he could only say: "You can go to the town, I can help you!"

Du Qingchen smiled and didn't answer. What he did in the town would depend on his arrangement. Du Qingchen turned and said, "Father, Su Dong bought some fabrics and wanted to make clothes for you and Rulin. After dinner, let's measure your current size."

Father Du was both happy and a little distressed about money . Now, "Why spend this money? I have a lot of clothes, didn't I just make new ones a few days ago?!"

Du Qingchen nodded, "Yes, yes, but the new clothes are folded and put away, and I don't want to wear them. Let Su Dong I'll make you something you're willing to wear."

Du Rulin laughed, watching his brother bicker with his father, anyway, his father never spoke to his brother. Father Du was really choked by Du Qingchen, and he ate silently and didn't mention this matter.

After cleaning up, he measured Father Du again, and Su Dong went back to his room. Du Qingchen took out the tiger-skin mattress and spread it on the floor. Dong patted the mattress, "Sit here."

Su Dong walked over with the fabric, because Du Qingchen wanted him to do it for Father Du first, so he made Father Du's clothes first. Su Dong sat on the mattress, Taking the scissors to cut the fabric, Du Qingchen has already taken the pillow, placed it in the direction of the tiger's head, and lay down against Su Dong's back, humming comfortably.

Su Dong looked back, Du Qingchen was bathed in the sun, lying on the tiger-skin mattress, squinting comfortably, "Brother, when you say we make enough money, we will build a house, and we will do nothing every day. You don't have to do it, don't think about it, it's great to lie down in the sun and sleep!" After speaking, Du Qingchen stretched his waist.

Su Dong heard the words, smiled lightly, lowered his head and started to make clothes.