You/Lena Luthor - Second Chance Part 1

Summary: The two of you breakup

Prompt by: LOWKEYBASIC

AN: If your partner ever lays a hand on you, dump their ass and report them to the police. Physical assault is no joke as it always escalates. Stay safe.

A loud crack is heard through the room as you slapped Lena. She was stunned over what you had just done. Never in a million years did she ever think you would ever lay a hand on her.

"Get. Out."

"Wait Lena. I'm sorry. I didn't meant to do it. It was just in the heat of the moment."

Lena holds her red cheek and turns around. Not wanting to see you. She was heartbroken and so much more. The last thing she needed at the moment was have you around.

"I said get out. I don't want to see you ever again. If you so much as lay a foot on one of my properties. I'll call Supergirl."

You quickly nodded. Practically already shaking at the threat of her calling Supergirl. You knew how protective the Girl of Steel was of Lena. You couldn't imagine what she would do if she ever learned what you had done. Grabbing your bag, you rushed out of her apartment building.

With no place to go and really late in the night, you rented a hotel room not the other side of the city. You had fucked up. It was a miracle that Lena hadn't even called the cops or Supergirl on you. You needed help. Researching a couple of facilities, you settled for one and dialed them to be ready for you. You needed to snip this in the bud before it got worse.

Lena had been left a complete mess when you left. She had laid down in bed and cried herself to sleep as she thought back to the events that had happened an hour ago. She was stunned. There was really no one to talk about what had happened as all her friends were protective of her. She knew that the minute they heard about what had happened, they would've chased you down.

X

Lena had woken up the very next morning to the news that you had been checked into rehab. Not wanting to relieve what happened last night, she refused to read the article as well as ignore the several text messages of her friends asking what happened. This was just going to have to be dealt with another time. Right now, she needed to head to L-Corp for meetings despite Jess' intents on getting her to stay home.

You drove yourself to the facility when you woke up. They had taken everything away from you, letting you keep just your clothes. It was completely strange to find yourself locked in such facility but you knew it was necessary. You had hurt the one you loved the most.

National City had been shocked to hear what happened. They were all wondering what was going on but there had been no word from you or Lena. They always saw the two of you as National's power couple and liked the fact that the two of you seemed so happy with each other. Something was definitely up but the information was heavily guarded. Even the best investigators had no idea what happened.

X

You're not out for another several months. Reporters and cameras are waiting for you at the front door to ask what happened but you kept your mouth shut and head down as you got inside your car. It felt strange being outside after not being allowed to leave but it felt nice having your freedom back again. The very first thing you wanted to do was contact Lena but that felt wrong. You had sent her countless of letters apologizing for what you had done and none of them were ever responded. You got the hint, she wanted nothing to do with you and rightly so.

Your only friend that kept in touch with you was waiting for you at the front door when you arrived.

"You need to get ready. We're going to a gala tonight."