You/Lena Luthor - Red Kryptonite 3B

Summary: You break up with Kara.

Prompt by: georgiaroberts13

You loved Kara you truly did but sometimes you often think that you were just better off as friends. There was nothing wrong with her at all. In fact, she was an absolutely perfect girlfriend. It's just that you missed Lena. You might've said that you were over her but as much as you wanted to, you couldn't.

"Kara, I think we should talk."

Kara had invited you over for dinner and as much as you tried to enjoy her company, you just couldn't. You were feeling guilty over the fact that you weren't as in love with her as she was in love with you.

She sets her food aside and turns to face you. Kara had an idea of what you were about to say. For the past few weeks, you had been quite distant. She had assumed it had been because of how you had seen Lena again, but it wasn't. Kara tried getting to talk to you about what was going on but you brushed her off. It was only a matter of time before you would break it off, so she prepared herself for the heartbreak.

"I love you, Kara. I truly do but I don't think this is going to work out between us,"

Kara was about to speak but you stopped her. You wanted to get this out.

"I hate to say this line but it's not you, it's me. You were perfect Kara. I'm the total asshole that decided to jump into another relationship when I was still in love with my cheating ex. I didn't want to end things, but I don't want to hold you back from someone else. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone that deserves all the love you give. You deserve more than what I can give."

Kara just stayed quiet. As much as she tried to prepare for this heartbreak, it was still so painful.

"I'd like to be alone."

She whispers quietly. You nod in understanding and start to clean up after yourself.

"J..just go."

The tone in her voice made your heartbreak. Your intentions had been to hurt her but yet you did. Kara didn't deserve how you were treating her.

"I truly am sorry, Kara."

Kara doesn't say anything as she hears you leave her apartment. As soon as the door closes behind you, she buries her face in the pillows and lets out her tears.

Her cries are loud enough to hear through the door, and it makes the guilt grow. God, you had really fucked up, but it had to be done. You loved Kara as a friend and as much as you forced yourself to stop loving Lena, you couldn't.

Not wanting to leave Kara alone. You dialed Alex, knowing she was going to murder you for what you had done.

"Alex?"

"Hey, (y/n). I was just on my way to you guys."

Fuck, she was going to hate you forever.

"I uh... Kara needs you."

"What why? What happened? What did you do?"

"I broke up with her."

You mumble but she's able to hear.

"You what?! I'm going to kill you, (y/n). I told you not to hurt her and yet you didn't listen to me. You're so goddamn lucky that I can't throw you into the sun but I can still kick your ass, so you better watch your back."

She says before hanging up. Alex knew it wasn't a good idea for you to jump into a relationship with Kara all of the sudden, but she knew how big of a crush, Kara had on you and she wanted to see her happy. With a quick goodbye to Kelly, she rushed to Kara to comfort her

X

You're completely drained by the time you arrive to your apartment. All you wanted was to lay down and fall asleep, but you couldn't even do that after what happened. You tried to ignore it but the knocking is insistent.

"Wh..Lena? What are you doing here?"

She pushes past you, making her way to your wine cabinet to pull out something for the two of you to drink.

"Alex called me to tell me what happened. She knows how much Kara cared about you and didn't want you to be alone. Kara had explained everything to her and as hurt as Kara was, she wanted to make sure you were okay,"

You grabbed the wine bottle from Lena, taking a big ass gulp. You truly didn't deserve Kara.

"Did she tell you what happened?"

"Only that you broke up with Kara."

You nod and take a seat in the living room.

"Would you believe me if I said that I broke up with Kara because I still had feelings for you?"

Lena's eyes widen at your reveal. Never in a million years would she think that would be reason why the two of you broke up. In fact, she believed the two of you would end up getting married.

"Lets not talk about that. Right now, you just need to let everything out that you've been holding on to."

Lena takes a seat beside you, pulling you on to her side so she was hugging you. You start to cry as she wraps her arms around you.

"Everything is going to be okay."

She whispers to you as you fall asleep.

X

Months later and things are starting to look up for you. You and Kara were back to speaking terms and practically hanging out as you did before you started to date. In fact, you would even go out with Kara as her wing woman to help her get dates. She's recently been going out with Kate and you couldn't be happier for her. You had met her once and she was an absolute angel. The perfect match for Kara.

As for you and Lena, the two of you still had a lot of things to go through. You went back to being friends and have been slowly becoming more intimate. It was just a matter of time before either one of you asked each other out.

-----------

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any female celebrity or character.

I have several prompts to do and will post them in this order

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Maeve Wiley - Drunk

Maeve Wiley - High

Maeve Wiley - Pain

Aimee Gibbs - Skipping Meals

Zelda Spellman - Enemies

Zelena Mills - Demigod

Lena Luthor - Annoyance Part 2

Melissa Benoist - Hate

Kara Danvers - ???

Prudence Blackwood - Protector

Lena Luthor - Turned Part 2

Zelda Spellman - Auction

Cassandra Pressman - Mysterious Woman

Kara Danvers/Lena Luthor - Teachers

Lucy Westernra - Fear 

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!