You/Melissa Benoist - Hate

Summary: You play her love interest.

Prompt by: rihaya

AN: I know it's not exactly what you asked for but I honestly couldn't think of a good reason as to why the reader would hate Melissa. She's a literal angel. Anyways, let me know if you want me rewrite it.

Hollywood thrived on drama. Every magazine had front covers with the latest gossip as it always sold. You weren't an exception to it and neither was your girlfriend, Melissa. She had been cast as the main role in Supergirl and you couldn't be prouder of all the hard work she had done. The only thing that really annoyed you was how the producers ran the show. They stuck Kara with random love interests that made no sense. Melissa had been talking to them for months about something new but they refused to budge, until now. 

"So, they proposed an idea. I'm not sure what to think of it."

She says one day after coming back from work. 

"Did they finally tell you something about Kara's love interest?"

"Oh they did."

"Well what did they tell you?"

"You know how only a select few people know about us dating?"

You were confused as to why she was even bringing this up.

"I do, why?"

"Well they want to use that. They want us to hate each other publicly so that when they announce Kara's new love interest, you, it's all they'll ever talk about."

"Hold on, but I'm barely even in the show."

"Exactly. They want to release some statements about how you're angry that they had passed on you 3 years ago for Supergirl's lead role."

"But I never auditioned for it."

"I know but they keep saying it's to drive up the views. The people like drama. What do you think  I should do? Should I take it? Or should I not? I don't want to lie to our fans."

"Wait so how does our whole relationship plays into this?"

"Well to resolve the conflict, they want us to come out at a later time as a couple. Saying how we couldn't help but fall in love with each other. Once again helping raise the views for the show."

"It's up to you, babe. If that's the only choice they are giving you to quit it with the new romantic leads every season then you should take. I'm sure a little lie to your fans won't hurt them. Besides, we'll finally be able to come out now that they are approving of our relationship."

Melissa sighs and then smiles, leaning down to kiss you. 

"I guess you're right. A little lie never hurt anybody."

X

Using drama to drive up your views was no joke. The first episode that implied you getting with Kara had triple the views of the most watched episode. The two of you were trending for days. It was everything they ever talked about as they wanted to see how it would all work out. 

The security in the sets had been bumped up because of the large amount of photographers and reports outside of them, wanting to get answers about what was going on. Especially wanted to ask you, why you had even accepted the role. As part of the contract, you ignored them all. Simply just keeping your head down as they escorted you to and from your home and work. Being under the light was draining and mentally exhausting as you hadn't had a chance to be with Melissa for a second. They had prohibited physical contact between the two of you until they figured out the perfect time for you to come out. 

When news of the two of you coming out as a couple came to light, people went wild. Almost all the posts were about how they knew it as there was no way that the two of you could play those two characters without falling in love with each other. It was too cliche.

Too cliche that people soon found out about the deal that had gone down at the CW due to some leaks. They were all at first furious and angry with the two of you but when they found out the terms they had set out for you and Melissa, they were angry at the studio. Their boycott was successful as they ended up making them change the story of how how Kara and the character you played got together. 

Melissa had been worried about her fans reactions to all of what had gone done but was relieved to find out that her fans had understood the tight spot she had been put in. It made her appreciate them even more. It also made her appreciate you even more for sticking with her. Helping her deal with everything that had gone that. She had no idea what she would've done without you. 

-----------

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any female celebrity or character.

I have several prompts to do and will post them in this order

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Kara Danvers - Lost Love

Prudence Blackwood - Protector

Lena Luthor - Turned Part 2

Zelda Spellman - Auction

Cassandra Pressman - Mysterious Woman

Kara Danvers/Lena Luthor - Teachers

Lucy Westernra - Fear

Lena Luthor/Kara and Alex Danvers - Beast Girl Part 2

Katy Keene - Moving On

Lena Luthor - Wedding Part 2

Saskia De Merindol - Impatient

Kate Kane - Secret Crush

Faith LeHane - Lost Memories

Katie McGrath - Player

Regina Mills - Lost Memories

Nia Nal - Dream Team

Daenerys Targeryen - Freed

Sara Lance - ???

Tiffany Maxwell - Approval

Lena Luthor - Second Chance

Rebekah Mikaelson - Doghouse

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!