You/Katie McGrath - Tinder Part 1

Summary: Someone is catfishing you as Katie.

AN: Sorry about not writing another prompt but I just had this idea in my head and wanted to get it out.

There was no way in hell that the one and only, Katie McGrath was using Tinder. No way in hell. The woman hated social media. Why would she had an app that was used to hookup with strangers. She could literally get anyone she wanted.

You bit your lip, your thumb hovering above the screen. The pictures did not seem like any that you have seen online but then again someone could photoshop her in different poses. You really did have nothing to lose. All you could do was talk to her and once you figured out that she was a fake, report her to Tinder for impersonating someone.

You swiped right and smiled as you saw the 'It's a match' screen. Not wanting to seem like a total loser for falling for the pictures, you waited for her to message you.

A minute passes by and you received the notification from Tinder the you received a message from someone.

'i wanted tno say something funny and clever about hoxw hot you looked but i'm suer you've heard it arll.'

'Sooo...'

'you want to skit on tmy face?'

This person was bold. You were sure that Katie would've never said something like that. The woman seemed the sweetest. Plus, she read like crazy. Surely, she would be able to text better than that.

'How about you tell me who you really are and I'll see if I'll take you up on that offer.'

There. Perhaps, the other person would reveal themselves.

'wphat do you mean? i'm katie. did you unot luook at my name?"

You were going to need to try harder to get them to give it up.

'Oh please. Katie is famous. She doesn't need Tinder to hook up with someone.'

'i dzon't but mfy friends thought kit would be funny to get one and i'm drunk. so rehe mi gam. i was curyious and thren i isaw your profi.le you're crazy ho.t i was planning don deleting it but my druxnk self had other ideas. ji am rglad that i didn't though.'

Being drunk does explain the horrible spelling.

'Why don't we just settle this for once. Send me a picture of you holding up a fork.'

'whta why would i holdd up oa fork?'

'So that I know you're not lying.'

There's a long pause. "Katie," is taking forever to answer and you just knew that you got her.

'I knew it! I knew you were a fake. Delete your profile before I report you for impersonating someone."

Still no reply from this stranger.

'Okay, you left me with no choice.'

You don't hesitate to report her profile. Tossing your phone aside, you lay down in bed, falling asleep soon after.

X

You wake up to a few messages from "Katie."

'Oh my god. I'm so embarrassed. This is why I don't have social media. I get kind of crazy drunk.'

'I wasn't lying about the why I got Tinder. Nicole dared me to get one and I guessed I remembered while I was drinking so it's why I was on.'

'I really am sorry about texting you like that. Let me make it up to. How about coffee later today?'

You scoffed at her messages. Not believing that the person was still pretending to be Katie.

'Listed, I don't know who you think you are but it's not cool to be pretending to be someone else. Just wait until they delete you account.'

Katie can't help but laugh at your reply. It was cute to see how much you cared about this. Reading through the previous messages, she sees the one about the fork and makes her way over to the kitchen to take a picture of herself holding up a fork.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

Katie drops the fork in surprise.

"Jesus, Nicole. You really need to stop doing that."

"It's not my fault that you're so easily scared. Now explain to me why you were taking a picture of yourself with a fork."

"Don't laugh but drunk me decided to get on Tinder."

Nicole burst out laughing. Not quite believing what she was hearing.

"No way. I thought you had deleted it."

"I had forgotten about it but drunk me didn't. I also apparently drunk texted this woman that is crazy beautiful but yet thinks that I'm not Katie so I'm sending her a picture that she requested."

"Here, I have an even better idea."

Nicole takes Katie's phone and scoots closer to her. She puts the fork on her face so you can see that it wasn't photoshopped. With a quick snap, she sends the picture. Along with a message.

'I really wasn't lying. So coffee?'

You fainted when you saw the message.

-----------

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any female celebrity or character.

I have several prompts to do and will post them in this order

Alex Danvers - Lost Home

Cersei Lannister/Daenerys Targaryen

Maeve Wiley - Bullied

Lena Luthor - The Wedding   

Lena Luthor - Annoyance

Jessica Pearson - Assassin

Melissa Benoist/Katie McGrath - Part 3

Katniss Everdeen - Victor

Cheryl Blossom - Unknown

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!