Chapter 179 - Ranny's tears

"Argh!"

Ranny screamed in pain as his hand flew in the air. His hand landed on the ground and it dyed the ground in red color.

"This is the end," Souta said as he looked at Ranny with a cold expression. He aimed the tip of his sword at Ranny's chest and stabbed it.

Putchi!

The vajra sword pierced Ranny's heart.

"Hahaha!"

Ranny looked at Souta and laughed. Madness filled his face and Souta thought that he snapped out. But he was wrong.

Putchi!

Vines burst out of the ground and it pierced his legs. Souta quickly pulled out his sword from Ranny's chest but Ranny grabbed him preventing him from pulling out.

"I got careless..." Souta muttered before he headbutted Ranny.

Bang!

Ranny loosened his grip on Souta and Souta used this chance to pulled out the vajra sword. He then swiftly slashed the vines on his legs.

Swoosh!

But before he could leave, several dark vine eaters launched their vines at Souta.

Swoosh! Swoosh! Swoosh!

Souta moved his hands swiftly as he cut the vines that were attacking him. He knew that he wouldn't be able to avoid all these vines with his injured legs.

He gritted his teeth as forced himself to cut all the vines but unfortunately for him, he couldn't do so. The vines were attacking him in all directions.

Putchi!

Some of the vines managed to pierce his arms and legs. Then, Souta felt a powerful energy behind him. He looked back and saw Ranny grinning at him while aiming his palm at him.

"[Grand Piercing Ray]!" Ranny shouted as a powerful beam shot out of his palm. The beam flew towards Souta.

Souta was shocked when he saw this. To think that Ranny would risk his energy pool just to kill him. Casting a spell under the pressure of the best feram could damage a person's energy pool.

Only people who were close to dark vine stinger's level could use their mana to cast a spell. That's why Gregory could still use his mana when he was fighting Souta in the Gripen city.

Well, it doesn't matter to Ranny at all. Cause Ranny was going to die as Souta stabbed his heart a moment ago.

Souta gritted his teeth as he forced himself to move his body.

Swoosh!

"Argh!" He tried his best but the beam still hit his stomach and made a hole in it. Then, the vines bound his arms and legs.

Souta spat a mouthful of blood as he didn't have the strength to get away from the vines. This was what he got for getting careless.

He looked up as he felt a powerful energy above him. The energy he felt was overwhelming and just by sensing it, Souta felt chills all over his body.

He then looked back at Ranny.

"Y-You're trying to die with me," Souta said and Ranny laughed loudly.

"I don't care about it! I just wanted to destroy this whole dukedom!" Ranny looked up and waited for a while. The smile on his face disappeared and what appeared was a melancholic expression.

The dark vine stinger was charging a powerful [Bestrou] and it was going to shot it towards the ground, the basement where Souta and Ranny were fighting.