Chapter 25 - Escort Quest

Souta stretched his body as he finished getting a class. He checked his equipments and nodded.

He then went downstairs to Yuko. Yuko was in her room taking a good rest.

"Come let's go." Souta shook Yuko's body.

"...muu..." Yuko slowly opened her eye and looked at Souta.

"Yuko, we'll leave this city and do some quest," Souta said to her.

Yuko stood up and licked his face.

Souta planned to get some of his equipments this week. Getting a piece of Dark grade equipment was enough. Dark grade equipment was just lower than Universal grade equipment.

The [Vajra Sword Saya].

He had a lot of equipments back in the game and [Vajra Sword Saya] was one of his weapons. Aside from [Flesh-Eating Scythe] and [Hell Fiend Spear], the [Vajra Sword Saya] was his favorite to use.

It was also the easiest to get among his other powerful weapons. It was within the vicinity of the Hebrei Kingdom so a week of time was enough for him to get it.

For his current style, [Vajra Sword Saya] was suitable for him.

"Come let's go!" Souta patted Yuko and opened the gate.

Yuko kept licking his cheek. She showed no sign of moving away from him.

"Hahaha, I've gotten stronger once again. I could easily defeat you now." Souta said as he laughed.

Since she was his pet, he would train her to become powerful. He doesn't want her to stay at her level forever.

...

Both of them left the inn. They went to some shops and bought the food they need. Then, they went straight to the Adventurers Guild.

Like always, a lot of people gathered inside the guild. Some of them were drinking and some were laughing.

Souta went straight to the quest board. He looked at the quest board looking for a suitable quest.

"This is good." He lifted his hand and picked up an escort quest. He then went straight to the receptionist.

"I want this quest."

The receptionist nodded and she recorded the quest that he picked. She recorded it in a machine that looks like a computer.

*Ding!*

[Quest Triggered!]

[Escort]: Escort a merchant to Bullmar village. You will fail if the merchant died. Rewards: 500 exp

The reward was only exp for a Rank E quest. Skill points would only appear in Rank D quest or above Rank D.

...

Souta was going to the Bullmar village that's why he picked an escort quest. He just needs to protect the merchant and he wasn't the only one who accepted this quest. There were also other adventurers going to the Bullmar village.

Souta picked up his luggage. "Sadly, I don't have inventory." He then turned toward Yuko and said, "Let's go."

Both of them went to the gate of the city. It took them a few dozen minutes before they arrived near the gate.

"Is that it?" Souta saw carriages lining up near the gate. He walked towards the carriage with a red falcon symbol. It was the symbol of the merchant that he was going to escort.

A huge man wearing a leather armor saw him walking. "Oh? So I'm going to work beside the tamer of Red Fur Bear."

Souta smiled wryly at the man and asked, "Where is the owner?"