Chapter 49 - Semi Finals (1)

Boom!

The ground shook and a gust of wind swept out as Bryan's and Alice's attack collided against each other.

Smoke and dust shot up and covered the two.

Swoosh!

The crowd was waiting for the dust to clear up so that they could see the outcome of the match. They patiently waited while looking at the thick smoke.

"Well, that's not bad." Souta sighed as he shrugged his shoulder. He already knew the outcome of the fight. To think that Alice would put up a fight like that with little words. She exceeded his expectations during this battle.

After a few moments, the smoke dissipated and it revealed the two participants. Bryan was standing and his fist was covered in blood, and Alice was lying on the ground. Her breath was ragged as she stared at the ceiling of the training ground.

"Huff... I... won..." Bryan said between his breath. He slowly turned his head and looked at Alex.

Alex saw Bryan looked at him so he declared that Bryan won the battle.

"Hmm... I lose..." Alice muttered in a low voice. She turned her head and looked at Bryan before looking at Souta. She wondered how Bryan going to fight Souta in his current condition.

Bryan was exhausted while Souta was still full of energy. Ever since the first match, Souta hasn't met anyone that could put up a decent fight to him. So it's natural that he still has a lot of energy left.

...

Souta looked at the time and saw that there were still ten minutes left before Bryan's next match. With this time, Bryan would recover a bit of his strength.

Souta delayed his match and he didn't finish it quickly so that Bryan would recover. He needed Bryan's strength to probe Brando so that he could widen his understanding of Brando's power.

He already concluded that he would fight Brando in the finals. If Brando was stronger than he expected then the fight would become trouble for him. If not, then he would win the tournament and received the rewards of the quest.

If not for the quest then he wouldn't even bother himself with this kind of tournament. He wouldn't even receive benefits from winning.

He smiled and approached Bryan. "You're stronger than I expected."

"See... I told you before that I'm strong." Bryan said as he showed his muscles.

Souta shook his head and turned to Alice. He extended a hand and said, "That was a good fight."

Alice looked at him with a dumbfounded expression. She then turned her gaze on his hand.

"Don't hesitate..." Souta said.

"Yeah, yeah, you're strong too Alice!" Bryan said at the side.

"Hais..." Alice sighed and took Souta's hand. "...thanks."

Souta shook his head before he helped her stand up.

The three chatted for a while as they went to the corner.

Alex looked at the three before he said the next match.

"It seems that there are quite strong first year in this batch."

...

The tournament continued and it entered the semi-final.

Bryan won his match and Brando too. These two were going to face each other in the semi-finals.

Unexpected things happened, Souta opponent in semis quickly surrendered as soon as the match started. This was outside of his expectations. He planned to delay the battle until the last seconds but his opponent surrendered without putting a fight.