Chapter 144 - Chain Quest: Declaration

"I can't... move my body..." Souta said as he tried to move his body with all of his got but unfortunately, he just fell on the ground.

With a loud "thud" sound his body hit the ground causing him to groan in pain.

"Ah... Damn!" Souta cursed and he heard a familiar sound in his mind.

*Ding!*

[Congratulations on completing Lumilia's special quest!]

[You've received 50,000 exp, 15 free attribute points, and 10 skill points!]

'It's worth it.' Souta said inwardly when he saw the rewards that he received from fighting Gregory.

The battle was so hard that he had to use all of his trump cards. He only had one monster potion so the next time he fought someone he couldn't handle, he wouldn't be able to use it once again. He would only depend on his dark grade weapon.

Since he didn't hear a notification indicating that he killed Gregory only means one thing. And that's Gregory was still alive. But Souta was sure that Gregory was like him- exhausted, tired, and full of injuries.

'My level is quite lacking to take the other [Soul Blood Earring]. But I benefited a lot in this quest, so my power will increase after this. I will provide a time to take it next time.' Souta thought that he had to get the other earring to increase his power.

Right now, he could only use the [Harvester of the Soul] skill of the earring. He couldn't use its second skill because he needed the other pair to use it. To reach the level of universal equipment, he needed the complete pair of earrings.

'Okay, I have received fifteen free attribute points.' Souta thought to use this to increase his vitality attribute. If he increased his vitality attribute, his health will grow, and also he would gain stamina.

These two were connected to the vitality attribute after all. He would gain strength to leave this city.

That's it, he was going to allocate his fifteen free attribute points to vitality.

When he was about to use his free attribute points, Souta heard something.

...

"I miscalculated the power of the explosion..." Yujin said as he checked his body and found some wounds.

"I'll heal you, Yujin," Alophy said as she flew around him and casted a healing spell on Yujin.

Randolf looked at it and asked, "What about me? I need healing too."

"Hmph! I only heal Yujin. I can see that you're not gravely injured, so you can move without healing." Alophy snorted as she glanced at Randolf on the corner of her eyes. She then went back to healing Yujin's small wounds.

"What a bratty spirit..." Randolf commented when he saw her attitude towards him.

"I can hear you, you know?!" Alophy said in a loud voice.

"Haha, tell how old are you?" Randolf laughed and asked. He was curious about the age of this spirit.

If he wasn't wrong the spirit race, secluded themselves in the Dark Forest thousand years ago. Since then, no humans and demis saw them. They also didn't show themselves to humans and demis after that.

"You know, it's rude to ask that question to a lady?" Alophy said as she looked at Randolf.

"Lady? From what I can see you're just a brat." Randolf said to her as a matter of fact.

Alophy was about to say something when Yujin stopped her. Yujin sighed and said, "She's ten years old now. I've found her when she's still a newborn spirit."