Chapter 45 - Mini-tournament

"He~" Souta charged towards Lumilia. He reached out his right hand and opened his palm attempting to grab her face.

"So fast!" Lumilia was shocked when she saw him instantly appeared in front of her. She quickly reacted by shifting her head sideways barely avoiding his hand.

Swoosh!!

"Kuh! What a speed?!" Lumilia gritted her teeth. Suddenly, she felt a pain in her side.

Bang!

Souta kicked her side and Lumilia was flung away.

Swoosh!

Lumilia rolled on the ground a few times before she stopped. She held her side and looked at Souta with a frown.

She couldn't believe what's happening right now. Her nameless classmate was overwhelming her with boundless strength. She felt that Souta wasn't a student of mage class but instead a brawler. She was quite confident with her skills since she practiced sword skills when she was a child.

'I finally understand why he didn't bother himself to look at me, his opponent.' Lumilia finally understood why Souta was only looking at the student of shield class because for him she wasn't his opponent. She was arrogant to think that she could fight someone with low-level skills.

...

The students watching from the sidelines were surprised when they saw Souta's speed.

"Is he really a mage?"

"Yeah, I really doubt if he's mage!"

Only the first year doubted if he's really a mage. The other people were just shocked and surprised. They knew that in this institute the mage will have to train their bodies to the point that they could rival some of the strength base class. It was just surprising to see a first year to have this kind of speed when he's just a new student.

...

"Both of them are your students, right?" Kanda, the teacher of sword class 2-C, turned his head and asked the man beside him.

"Yeah." Bargan nodded his head while looking at the battle between Souta and Lumilia.

"That boy showed some impressive speed rivaling some of my students who excelled in speed," Kanda said as he turned his head and looked at Souta.

"I don't know about that until now as he was one of the new students," Bargan said in response. From the information he gathered, Souta was an adventurer and that proves his close combat skills.

"A strong new student, huh?" Kanda muttered and he casted a glance at Bargan.

...

Souta walked towards Lumilia and said, "I'm not going easy on you just because you're a girl. Remember on the battlefield there's no girl or boy there's only life or death. So do not expect your opponent to go easy on you because of your gender."

Lumilia gritted her teeth and she slowly stood up. She pointed her sword at him.

"Oh? Still fighting." Souta grinned and once again he dashed toward her.

Swoosh!!

In just a second, he arrived in front of her.

Lumilia slashed her sword horizontally.

Swoosh!!

Souta quickly moved aside dodging the sword before he delivered a powerful blow on her belly.

Bang!

"Kuh!!" Lumilia felt the pain in her belly. She kicked the ground trying to distance away from Souta.