Chapter 48 - Alice vs. Bryan (2)

Souta rubbed his chin as he pondered which one should he cheer. He looked at Bryan and Alice back and fort.

"What?!" Alice noticed his gaze. She looked at him with a frown.

Souta lifted up his hand and raised a thumb in front of her. He smiled and said, "Good luck!!"

"...what?!" Alice took a step back as she pondered what he was doing.

Souta didn't answer her. He just closed his eyes and ignored her presence. He could see it all. The students of shield class and mage class.

All the strong fighter and weak fighter in the stage. They couldn't completely conceal their power to him. Among all the participants here, only a few people weren't breathing heavily. One of them was him, the other one was the student from shield class, Brando. The other one was Bryan. And lastly, his classmate called Jin.

Jin was suspicious as he was hiding his true strength. He finished his fight but surrendered in his second match. He didn't even break a sweat from that. Right now, he was just leisurely watching all the battles in the sidelines.

Souta didn't know the reason why Jin's hiding his real strength, but now that he got an idea about it he will not forget Jin's name and face.

Then about Bryan and Alice's match. From his perspective, he could see that Alice's breathing was already heavy clearly different from Bryan.

Souta opened his mouth and said, "You'll be having a hard time. It's better to surrender if you can't handle him."

Alice looked at him with a scrutinizing gaze. After a few moments, she opened her mouth and said, "What do you mean?"

Souta shifted his eyes to her and replied, "Can't you see it? You're already tired from your previous battles but Bryan is different. Although you could put up a fight you will not win this battle."

Alice's eyebrows knitted together from his words. She turned her head to looked at Bryan. She understood what Souta meant.

"Well, it's only my opinion." Souta shrugged his shoulder.

Bryan approached them and asked, "What you're talking about?"

"We're discussing how to defeat you. Alice was just asking me for advice." Souta replied.

"What?! Why are you discussing that!!" Bryan said in a loud voice as he looked at Alice and Souta.

"Of course, we'll discuss it after all you're pretty strong," Souta said.

"Hehe, well you can take your time." Bryan laughed as he scratched his cheek.

'Damn! This idiot! He thinks I'm praising him!' Souta cursed inside his head.

Souta shook his head and asked, "You will fight Alice in the next battle?"

"Yeah." Bryan nodded and he looked at Alice. He clenched his fist in front of him and said, "Let's both do our best!!"

Alice looked at Bryan in the eyes before she turned around. "Yeah."

Souta smiled looking at Alice's back. He guessed Alice wouldn't surrender easily from her reaction.

'Now they will consume some stamina in this fight. It will be easy for me to win this. The only problem is that Brando.' Souta turned his head and looked at the students named Brando.

Brando was a two-meter tall man. He has short brown hair and reptilian eyes. Some part of his body has green scales. From the looks of it, he was probably a halfling of beast kin. He was armed with a one-meter silver-colored shield with black linings at its side.