Chapter 47 - Alice vs. Bryan (1)

Souta watched the tournament matches. He evaluated all the combat prowess of the participants based on what they showed in the matches.

He also has a guess of Bryan's strength. In Bryan's match, he showed strength and speed that's not normal for a mage student. The power of his punches was strong and his speed was fast that he overwhelmed his opponents in just two minutes.

Should he say that Bryan gained this power as an adventurer? Just like him, Bryan was very proficient in close combat much stronger than Alice, and he entered here in the institute to learn magic.

He also saw a stronger fighter in the shield course. Especially the one that was called Brando. Brando was a tough fighter and his defense was extremely hard to breakthrough. If he wasn't wrong Brando was the strongest fighter here in the tournament. Of course, if the magic wasn't forbidden here then Lumilia and Alice would be able to match him.

Now that the first round of the tournament was finished, it's time for the second round. They were going to fight those who won their first battle.

Alex gave them five minutes to prepare before they start the first battle of the second round of the tournament.

...

Zac, the sixth top ranker, turned his head to Rein, the second top ranker, and said, "Now that we have a bit of understanding in their strength, wanna bet to me? As a second rank in the institute you possess great amount of points, am I right?"

"I said don't talk to me! you trash!" Rein snorted and looked at the participants.

"Haha, I still have a lot of points here! What should I do with this?" Zac laughed awkwardly as he looked at the object that was attached on his wrist.

The object looked like a wristwatch and this item was a private property of the institute. Their points and information were recorded in this piece of technology. They could also use this item to challenge the other students here to raise their ranks and earn points.

The points could be used to redeem spell books and combat arts. The students could also use this to get a teacher to teach them a skill or spell one on one, some of the students used these points to rent a living quarter here in the institute and some used it to use the training ground on their own.

There were many uses of points here in this institute. All in all, these points were like the currency of the Ladro Institute.

Souta and the others were still new here so Bargan hasn't prepared the items for their use.

"Ah~ what a wonderful display~"

Zac heard a feminine voice at his left side so he turned his head to look.

Turning his head, he saw a girl wearing the uniform of the institute. She has long lilac-colored hair that was tied in a ponytail. Her left eye was color blue while the other one was red. She's Yanagi Shina, the rank number one across the whole institute. The strongest students here in Ladro Institute.

"I didn't think that she would come here..." Zac muttered in a low voice. He knew that this girl has some screw loose in her heads so he wouldn't bother associating himself to her.

He shuddered as he recalled those people that she destroyed. Across the whole institute, she dominated everyone ever since she enrolled here. Even Rein wasn't her match at all.

To think that this small tournament would attract her attention. He knew that she didn't even watch the other tournaments that Teacher Alex made in the other class but now... she really come here.

'I wonder who's the unfortunate person that attracted her attention.'

...

The second round of the tournament started. The battle was fierce and intense. It exhausted some of the students that don't have huge stamina. Although some of them won the battle, they couldn't participate in the next round because they don't have much stamina. They don't have enough time to recover their stamina as Alex only gave them five minutes. So some of them could only surrender.