Chapter 69 - Battle for the Mystical Light Cherry: [Bestrou]

The Earth Crawler Ape used the [Monster Orb Release] skill. The appearance of the ape drastically changed. Its brown fur turned into blood-red color as jet black tattoo emerged in its body.

Roar!

The Ape roared loudly and it shook the entire area. It was followed up by ripples of beast energy in the air.

The group of knights was trembling in fear. They couldn't do anything but watched the Earth Crawler Ape approached them. They were the nearest group that was closed to the Mystical Light Cherry and they also killed most of the Wood Eater Ape.

Actually, the Earth Crawler Ape wouldn't even move. But Lumilia [Freezing Point] spell triggered the ape to move. It sensed the danger behind that spell and it caused the ape to move.

The other groups who were fighting each other stop when they felt the Tier 2 Spell and it was followed up by the transformation of the Earth Crawler Ape.

Including Souta's group, there were more than five groups in the area around the Mystical Light Cherry. They were all closed to the Mystical Light Cherry.

Some of them were adventurers from Hebrei Kingdom and the other were Nobles from Melosa Country. The Nobles from Melosa Country have great animosity to the people of Hebrei Kingdom because of what happened in the past. They became a laughing stock at that time. Their boasted powerful army was pushed back by one person.

If the Nobles from Melosa Country were given a chance then they would take it just to get revenge on Hebrei Kingdom.

Since the adventurers here were working for the people of Hebrei Kingdom, the Nobles from Melosa Country would try to get rid of them. They wouldn't let any force of the Hebrei Kingdom get the Mystical Light Cherry.

That's the reason why the fight broke out in all areas.

But now it stopped... It was because of the transformation of the Earth Crawler Ape.

The transformation led them to realize that no matter how much they killed each other they wouldn't be able to acquire the Mystical Light Cherry as long as the Earth Crawler Ape was still alive.

...

Souta, Bryan, and Fred were hiding on the top of the tree. They were watching how the battle will unfold. Their number was less than all the groups in this place.

Lumilia, Jusmin, Yuko, and Cluster were hiding far away from this place. They were preparing themselves to run away as soon as Bryan get the Mystical Light Cherry.

"As I said before, we will wait. We're not going to fight that monster head-on. We're just going to distract it for you Bryan." Souta said while looking at the ape.

He knew that their power wasn't enough for the Earth Crawler Ape. No matter what they did they wouldn't be able to defeat it. His plan was only to distract the ape and Bryan would do his job.

"Okay, I know my role. I just need to steal that cherry, right?" Bryan nodded and glanced at the Mystical Light Cherry.

"Yeah, but you need to run away as fast as you can after you stole the cherry," Souta said.

"Okay." Bryan nodded as he rubbed his palm together.

All the nobles and adventurers' attention was going to turn to Bryan once he stole the cherry. Also, the Earth Crawler Ape would chase after him.

That's why Souta asked him if he knew another spell that could raise his speed other than [Lightning Boots]. He replied to Souta by saying that he still has more spells that he hasn't show, so there's no need to worry.