Chapter 126 - Chain Quest: Let the festival begin

Ursus was sitting in his office while looking outside through the window.

"Hmm... Someone really dared to sent an assassin in my territory." He muttered as he tapped his finger on the table in front of him. "I needed to know who is it as soon as possible."

"My lord!!" Suddenly, his assistant called him in a hurried tone.

Ursus frowned as he turned his head and looked at his assistant. "What is it?" He asked.

"Young miss left the mansion forcefully. They even brought the captured man with them." The assistant carefully explained to Ursus what really happened.

"That... That child left the mansion at this time of crisis." Ursus couldn't believe what he heard this time. Lumilia just left the mansion when there were people that were trying to kill her.

"Wait... Something is wrong here." Ursus stopped and realized something. He looked at his assistant and asked, "You said that they brought the captured man with them, right?"

"Yes, my lord!" The assistant replied to him.

"Then, why would they bring that man with them?" Ursus tried to think of a reason why they brought that man with them.

He thought that maybe they already knew who sent those people. There's a large possibility of that but it still didn't answer the question of why would they leave the mansion.

While Ursus was thinking through things, someone knocked on the door.

Knock! Knock!

Ursus looked at the door and his assistant walked towards it. After checking the identity of the person, the assistant turned towards Ursus and said, "My lord, Lord Gregory's subordinate is here and he's requesting an audience."

'Gregory?' Ursus shook his head and replied, "I'll allow it. Let him in."

"I understand, my lord." The assistant bowed his head and grabbed the handle of the door. He slowly opened it and a man wearing a silver plate armor under the dark brown hooded robe entered the room.

"Why are you here, Jesly?" Ursus asked the man named Jesly. He knew that Jesly was Gregory's direct subordinate.

"Lord Ursus, here." Jesly bowed and he took out a piece of yellow paper from his robe and place it on top of the table.

"Talisman... Long-distance sound transmission..." Ursus recognized that the piece of yellow paper was a talisman for long-distance communication.

He waved his hand and poured his mana in the talisman. The talisman emitted a yellow light indicating that Ursus activated it.

Ursus opened his mouth and said, "Gregory, what are you planning to do?"

"I've heard that your daughter left your mansion. I only wanted to say that I can help you in finding your daughter." Gregory's voice sounded through the talisman. His voice seems that he found this situation amusing.

'How did he know about it? It's only been a minute since I've received the news about it.' Ursus thought when he heard Gregory's words. He decided to keep this about himself.

"How about it? If you agree to it I will help you, since your daughter is the fiancee of my son." Gregory said through the talisman.

"Okay, I'll allow you." Ursus nodded his head as he agreed to Gregory.

"Thanks... I'll quickly immobilize my troops and search for them in the whole city. Also, you can keep the talisman so that I can easily report to you if I found something." Gregory said before the light in the talisman vanished. It indicates the connection between the two talismans vanished.