Chapter 96 - Fierce Battle: Gathering

Countless arrows made of ice fell from the sky. This spell has a slow effect and every arrow was filled with mana that's why this spell was dangerous.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Souta raised Bonny's body and used him as a shield. He turned his head and looked at Lynn in the eyes.

Lynn suppressed herself to not move her eyes. She met Souta's gaze with her own even though she was embarrassed. She wanted him to believe in her.

Lynn's senses were unusually sharp the moment she was born. Especially, her awareness over energy like mana. She was very confident in this ability of hers. She wanted to make herself useful to Souta even once.

'Believe in me, Souta! Please!' Lynn prayed in her mind. She saw Souta looked at the direction that she said. She was nervous, wondering if Souta would believe her.

Souta released Bonny from his grasp as he decided that if Bonny took any more damage then his condition would worsen just like May. He turned his head and looked at Gyron who was protecting Sena and May. Then, at Mark who was defending against the arrows from the sky.

"Thanks for protecting me!" He gripped Bonny and threw him towards Mark. "Here's your friend! If he wakes up later tell me thanks for protecting me!"

"You!!" Mark looked at him with clear anger painted on his face. Souta was treating everyone here like a disposable tool that he could get rid of any time he wanted.

Souta then turned his head to the direction that Lynn pointed. He charged towards it without hesitation. He wouldn't doubt her for something like this. Ever since he started to gather the flags of other classes, Lynn didn't say anything. She just watched him quietly from the sidelines. But now, she said something to him. It only means that she wanted to make use of herself to him.

He bent his knees and launched himself towards that direction. He moved his body from side to side to avoid the arrows, but there were too many arrows he couldn't dodge them all.

Some of them even pierced his body. Since this was the case, Souta used [Dash] and ran in a straight line. He ignored the arrows that were falling on his body.

When he was closer to the caster of the tier 2 spell, Souta jumped in the air. He saw the caster was a slender man with long blonde hair. The man had pointed ears and soft skin. He was no doubt an elf. This man was none other than the top 2 ranker, Irlin Woodnyte.

Souta was about to cast a spell towards Irlin when two figures appeared beside him.

Swoosh!! Swoosh!!

Souta was caught off guard and the two figures threw a powerful punch on his stomach.

Bang!!

Souta was thrown on the ground and it slightly shook the ground. His body was deeply embedded in the hard rock.

Gyron and the others looked over. They saw Souta crashed on the ground.

"Hmm... The others are here." Gyron muttered and he looked at the direction where Souta came from. He saw three people.

The man in the center was the top 2 ranker who once defeated him, Irlin Woodnyte. The other two were the top 4 ranker and the top 5 ranker.

The top 4 ranker was a man with a large build. Although his build was like those of a brawler class, this man was a full fledged mage. His short black hair and sharp black eyes were gleaming with intent to fight. He was Grunge Hyun, of the Hyun clan from the royal capital of the Hebrei Kingdom.

The top 5 ranker was a woman with a voluptuous body. Her long black silky hair fluttered as the wind blew. Her brown eyes were staring at the place where Souta crashed. She was holding a long silver staff in her right hand. She was Ailene Carnain.