Chapter 20 - M-master?

Souta received his reward in the guild for completing the quest. At the same time, he heard the system in his mind.

*Ding!*

[Congratulations on completing the Herb Gathering quest!]

[You've received 100 exp!]

Right now, 100 exp was too little for him. Well, he couldn't do much as he only accepted a Rank F quest. If he accepted a higher rank quest then the reward would be higher.

"Thank you for your effort!" The receptionist said with a smile to him.

"That's nothing," Souta replied as he turned around and went to the quest board. He looked at the request there and pondered what he should do.

In the end, he picked the Monster Subjugation quest before turning back to the receptionist.

"You want this quest, sir?" The receptionist looked at him with doubtful eyes.

"Yeah." Souta nodded. He just placed the quest in hunting the slime in the outskirt of the city.

"You know sir, it's hard to kill a slime without magic." The receptionist said worriedly. It's her job to give advice to the adventurers that took a quest here.

"Yes, I know that." Souta nodded at her words. He knew that a slime was hard to kill without magic. But he... He could use three spells; the [Fire Ball], [Ice Shot], and [Light Heal]. His spells were enough to kill a slime.

Also, he doesn't need to use spells to slay a slime. He knew the weakness of the slimes. With his passive skill [Sword Mastery], he would be able to destroy the core of the slime. A slime would instantly die if its core was destroyed. It's not a secret as many people know this already.

It's not his first time hunting a slime. Back in the Undead Sanctuary, he conquered a dungeon full of slime and even took down an evolve slime.

"Okay sir, but be careful..." The receptionist said before she recorded the quest that he took.

"I know that," Souta smiled wryly as this woman was too worried about him.

*Ding!*

[Quest Triggered!]

[Monster Subjugation]: Kill ten slimes and retrieve its core. Rewards: 300 exp

'Oh?!' The rewards were much higher than before. As expected of a Monster Subjugation quest.

After that, he exited the Adventurers Guild and patted Yuko.

"Let's go, we have another quest!"

"Muu..."

"Hahaha!" Souta laughed at her voice. It lacks enthusiasm. It was like she forcing herself.

"Well, you know that we will be able to rank up after we completed nine Rank F quests including this," Souta said while holding the Monster Subjugation quest paper.

A Rank F adventurer needed to complete 10 Rank F quest before they rank up to Rank E. Then, the Rank E needed to complete fifteen Rank E quest. Above that, the Rank D was much different than lower ranks. A Rank D adventurers were already called veteran adventurers. To increase their rank, people needed strength and merits. Completing various quests wasn't enough to rise up in rank.

"Muu." Yuko tilted her head at his words.

"Well, I'll tell you more while we walk," Souta said as he began to walked. He noticed that the people around were looking at him with a weird gaze. It's strange that he was talking to a monster that couldn't understand him.