Chapter 172 - Rank 3 Mage

Souta looked at all the skill points that he earned in the past few months. He saw that he earned enough skill points to level up one of his spells to level 10.

He earned most of this from the fight in the Gripen City. On that day, he received more than ten skill points. All the fight and the quest that he did was worth it.

Souta didn't even care about reducing his life spans. He knew that if he wouldn't risk it then there's a possibility that he would die in the next version. Well, if he was going to say it ten years of his life span couldn't be compared to the skill points that he received. He needed skill points the most so he couldn't help it.

After the cultural festival, Souta grind the quest in the Adventurers Guild every day. He will complete two or three quests that have the reward of one skill point each. Sometimes, he couldn't find any quest in the Adventurers Guild that have the rewards of skill points.

He understood it as he was still a C-rank adventurer. The highest reward that he could earn in this rank per quest was three skill points. Sometimes, if he was lucky enough he would be able to get a quest that has the rewards of four skill points. Unfortunately, he wasn't lucky. All the quests that have high rewards came from Lumilia. If not for her, Souta wouldn't be able to get those skill points.

If it was in the game, Souta would call Lumilia the quest giver. A type of NPC that gave a lot of quest to the players.

'What are you going to do? I felt that you contacted Yuko... Is it too early to escape from this jail?' Saya's voice made Souta snapped out of his daze.

'I know that... If I know the identity of the mastermind then I wouldn't stay here.' Souta said to Saya. He was after one thing... And that was the quest to fight the mastermind. His quest here was only to investigate the duke and nothing else. Since he finished investigating the duke, he only needed to find old man Jared to finish this quest.

Souta rubbed his chin and wondered if Lumilia would give him that quest. If he could trigger it then it's great. He would fight that mastermind to free this dukedom from the mastermind's hands.

But first, Souta had to level up his spell.

He looked at his surroundings and saw that it was quiet. The prisoner on the other jails was unusually quiet.

'Don't bother me for a while.' Souta said to Saya before he closed his eyes. He looked at his system and saw that he had 55 skill points. It was enough for him. He pondered for a while what spell he should level up.

He had only two choices. The [Shadow Spike] and the [Shadow Ball] spell. These two spells came from the system so he could only use these two to upgrade his class rank. If he used his other spells like [Mud Slide] or [Light Heal] then he would be able to promote his class rank.

If he level up his [Shadow Ball] spell, Souta would be able to cast several balls at the same time. It would help him a lot and his battle style would improve. But if he level up his [Shadow Spike] spell, Souta's firepower would increase greatly. It wouldn't be limited to the ground. He could spam [Shadow Spike] in any direction.

Currently, Souta's crowd control ability was high. The level 10 [Shadow Bind] spell could hold down all the C-rank. It could even hold a monster with a monster orb for two seconds. It would increase as he was going to promote his class today.

Picking from these two spells was hard.

In the end, Souta picked the [Shadow Ball] spell. This spell has a lot of use than the [Shadow Spike] spell. Plus, he would unlock more skill in his skill tree once he was promoted to Rank 3 Mage.

Without hesitation, Souta used 54 skill points to level up his [Shadow Ball] spell to level 10. A system prompt sounded in his head.

*Ding!*