Chapter 109 - Rank 2 Mage

Souta prepared a room for Bryan and Brando in his house. They protected Lumilia and Cluster so they were quite tired. He let them rest so that they could recover a bit of their strength.

Cluster went to Yuko and played with her while Lumilia was guarding her.

Souta walked outside and sat beside Lumilia who was watching Yuko and Cluster. He didn't say anything as he simply watched Yuko.

After a few seconds, Lumilia opened her mouth and asked, "How are you?"

"I'm fine. I'm just tired as I exhausted my mana and stamina." Souta replied to her.

"Then, what about Brando and Bryan?" Lumilia asked.

"They...? Bryan's injury was grave so he needed the rest the most. I'm surprised that he could even talk with that kind of injury." Souta explained to her Bryan's condition.

He let Bryan drink some of his recovery potions to speed up his recovery. But he only used low-level potions, not the medium-level potions, so it would take a few days maybe a week before Bryan recovered. If it was a medium-level potion then Bryan would be jumping and laughing right now. Well, Souta wouldn't use it for something like this. Those medium-level potions of his were reserved for emergency use for Yuko and him, not other people.

"I see..." Lumilia nodded at him and she waited for him to explain about Brando. She will buy potions or pills later to help the two recovered.

"Brando... Hmm... I've got to say that his condition is worse." Souta said as he looked up in the blue sky.

"Worse?" Lumilia glanced at Souta as she couldn't understand why Brando's condition was worse than Bryan.

How was Brando's condition worse compare to Bryan who almost died?

"I can see it. He's trembling, he's scared, and he's afraid. I can see all of it in his movements." Souta said as he closed his eyes but he still continued explaining, "His face is pale and he's holding himself back not to puke. He's physically better than Bryan but mentally. It's his first time seeing people brutally killed in front of him."

With regard to this kind of thing, Souta thought that Bryan was used to seeing that scene. Even Cluster was better than Brando. Well, after they experience the calamity in the Desolate Woods who wouldn't toughen their mind. This was the reason why Souta concluded that Bryan and Cluster's background was deeper than Brando.

Then, what about him? Souta doesn't know what he's like in the earth as he could only remember vague images up until now. Right now, if Souta was to say it he would admit that he's cold-blooded. He felt nothing when he massacred those bandits and he even used their soul to strengthen himself. All the people he killed would lose the chance to be reborn again as their soul became a nutrition in his body.

Souta opened his mouth and added, "If he couldn't come up with himself then his mind will break."

"Then, what should we do?" Lumilia asked him. She remembered how many corpses they saw in the Desolate Woods. She still couldn't forget that scene. She sometimes wondered at night how lucky they were at that time.

Souta shook his head in response to her question. "Nothing, he himself needed to do this."

"Souta, how did you get so strong?" Suddenly, Lumilia asked this question out of nowhere.

Souta looked at her and wondered why she asked that. He recalled before that she needed the Mystical Light Cherry to increase her strength. It seems that some internal fight was happening in their family.

"I don't know, I just didn't give up to any challenges that I face," Souta replied to her questions.

Actually, he didn't know how he would reply to her question, luckily something came in his mind.