Chapter 164 - Gathering Quest

"Then, we'll follow Lumilia plan and you will pretend that you're sick, Souta?" Brando looked at Souta and asked for confirmation.

"Yeah, I'll pretend and will sneak inside the Duke's mansion at night." Souta nodded at Brando.

Souta then stood up and went on the receptionist. He submitted the quest said that they will finish it tomorrow. It's just a simple material-gathering quest so Souta could leave it at his party.

Taking this quest, Souta received the quest in his system.

*Ding!*

[Your party triggered a quest!]

[Gathering]: Gather three blue lamp herb and two night chili grass. Rewards: 5,000 exp, 5 free attribute points, and 3 skill points

"Oh?" Souta was surprised when he saw the notification in his mind.

So that's how it is...

Souta, Bryan, Brando, and Lumilia was officially in a party right now. To create a party, they needed four people and they meet the requirements. Their party was recorded in the Adventurers Guild just like the Gale Group.

In any case, this was a good news to Souta. Because he will receive the quest in the system as long as any of his party members take any quest. Also, he would receive rewards from the system if they completed it even without his help.

Bryan, Brando, and Lumilia just needed to complete this materials gathering quest and he would receive the rewards of his system.

'If I expanded my party and all of them take different quests at the same time then I would receive all the quest and rewards from my system.' Souta said inwardly as he rubbed his chin. Thinking about this, Souta couldn't help but smirk.

This gave him another reason to expand his party.

Before, only three of them were in a party so Souta wouldn't receive the quest that Bryan and Brando took. But it was different now. Give him one month and Souta would be able to promote his class to a higher tier class. And that class was the Battle Mage.

The skills points that he will receive this month will experience a change and Souta was looking forward to it.

"What's wrong, Sir?" The receptionist asked Souta with a confused expression when she saw him grinning to himself.

"Ah, nothing." Souta snapped out of his thoughts when he heard her voice. He shook his head before he turned around.

He went back to his seat and talked with his party about his plan while listening to the conversation of the adventurers around them.

After listening for a while, Souta and his party heard a shocking news.

"Did you take the quest to investigate about the murders?"

"No, I wouldn't take a quest like that. Remember what happened before? Thirty adventurers and five of them are C-rank but all of them still died."

"That quest is not something that we D-rank could handle."

"Yeah, it's not something we could handle but a lot of our fellow adventurers still took the quest."

"That's understandable. After all, some of the victims are their family members or friends."

Souta and Lumilia looked at each other when they heard the adventurers' conversation. There's no doubt about it. This was about the recent killings that were happening in this dukedom.

But how...

Taking that quest means that the Duke took back his words and let the adventures investigate the killings in their dukedom.