Chapter 53 - Hunters

The next day, Souta woke up early in the morning. He quickly went to the bathroom to wash his face, then he went downstairs to have breakfast.

After that, Souta went to the ranch to fed Yuko.

"We're going out, Yuko. I will introduce you to my classmate." Souta said while looking at Yuko who was eating her breakfast.

"Mu." Yuko looked at him for a second before she went back to eat her food.

Souta smiled looking at her.

...

Souta and Yuko arrived in the Adventurers Guild and found that Bryan was already there waiting for him.

"Yo! Bryan!" Souta called Bryan while he raised his hand.

"Oh! Souta... W-What's that?" Bryan said while pointing at the huge bear behind Souta.

"This... She's Yuko, my partner." Souta said.

"Don't tell me... Your the rumored Tamer!" Bryan said while looking at Yuko.

"Ah! Hmm... Yeah." Souta could only nod his head. He tried to recall if there were any other tamer in this city and found none in his memory.

Most of the tamer could be found in Ambrosie. Ambrosie was a powerful country that was situated in the north of the Forest of Light. It was a country were people didn't discriminate monsters as most of them were tamers. This was also the reason why other countries, who suffered from the monster tide, were isolating the country. They tried to bring down the Ambrosie many times but unfortunately for them, Ambrosie's army was extremely powerful.

"Ooh! I didn't think that you're a tamer, at all." Bryan said in amazement as his mouth turned into an "O" shape.

Souta noticed that the Adventurers Guild was strangely quiet this time. He asked Bryan about this.

"Ah! I think someone said that the hunters are here!" Bryan replied.

"Hunters..." Souta rubbed his chin. He looked at Bryan and asked, "Are you sure that it's the hunters?"

"I don't. I only heard it while standing here." Bryan tilted his head.

"Okay, wait for me here!" Souta said before he approached one adventurer. "Can you tell me what's happening?" He asked the adventurer.

"There's a sighting of Basilisk with monster orb near the city so the hunters came here to subjugate that monster." The adventurer said.

"Thank you!" Souta thanked the adventurer before he turned about but the adventurer called him.

"Hey!"

Souta turned around and looked at the adventurer. "Is there something wrong?"

"You're a tamer, right?" The adventurer asked Souta.

"Yeah." Souta nodded in response to his question.

"Be careful. Don't offend them. The hunters have deep hatred on the monsters. One wrong move and they will kill your pet." The adventurer warned him.

"Okay, thanks for the warning. If they come at Yuko then..." Souta's voice turned colder. "... I will kill them all."

...

Souta went back to Bryan. "Let's go!" He said as he picked up his luggage.

"Yosh!" Bryan raised his fist up in the air.

Yuko just followed behind Souta without making any sound.

'Hmm... Should I try to hunt that Basilisk? But... with this force, I don't think it's possible.' Souta thought as he turned his head to look at Bryan and Yuko.